saaky001

• Posted Most interesting concept of the year: Social Psychology to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    By definition, social psychology is the scientific study of how people's thoughts, feelings, and behaviors are influenced by the actual, imagined, or implied presence of others. I chose this topic because I am a strong believer in the human brain...
  • Posted BIG FIVE to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    After learning about the Big Five during Psychology, I decided I wanted to further investigate the factors and how they affect personality. The Big Five factors are openness, conscientiousness, extraversion, agreeableness, and neuroticism. Openness to experience measures whether one is...
  • Commented on Chunking
    I believe he is doing something more than chunking. He is taking certain sets of numbers such as 102659 and relating them to an event that happened on 10/26/1959 so he can more easily memorize them. I also believe that...
  • Commented on Keep your windows closed
    Here is the link from snopes.com http://www.snopes.com/science/hurricane.asp...
  • Posted IQ scores to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    What exactly is an IQ score? An IQ score is derived from how well a person does on an exam measuring their "intelligence quotient." This exam consists of several different standardized tests and is justified as a scholarly way to...
  • Posted Chunking to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    One of the most interesting concepts of memory that I remember learning about is chunking. It applies directly to short-term memory, which is where we store a majority of our information we acquire for 3-15 seconds. Hypothetically let's assume a...
  • Posted Keep your windows closed to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    In the "Hurricane Mutiny" article on snopes.com, it is stated that leaving a few windows either slightly open or completely open helps reduce pressure buildup in your home therefore helping to ensure that your home doesn't get damaged during a...
  • Posted Technology, for the better or for the worse? to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    We live in a day and age of technology. We constantly use our cellphones, laptops, etc. Is being linked like we all are today a good thing or a bad thing? Neuroscientists say that it's a good change but we...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from saaky001