silve309

• Posted Happiness to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    http://images2.layoutsparks.com/1/65158/merry-christmas-joy-happiness.jpg I think that, when it comes down to it, everyone wants one thing: happiness. Yes, you can say that people want money, power, love or freedom, but I think many people want these things because these things will make...
  • Posted Logotherapy to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    So this might be kind of off topic for this writing assignment, but a book titled Man's Search for Meaning, by Viktor Frankl, an austrian Psychiatrist and Philosopher, has a different theory behind happiness than our text book. A holocaust...
  • Posted Human Attraction in Animals to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    So I read carl4266's blog , wich explained research that claimed that there is a deep biological need for human attraction. As our textbook has pounded into our heads, research needs to be replicated if were are to accept its...
  • Posted false memories under hypnosis to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    While reading the section of chapter seven about false memories, I was reminded of a movie called The Fourth Kind. In this movie, a psychologist uncovers her patients' regressed memories, of being abducted by aliens, while the patients are under...
  • Posted Every Seven Seconds to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    You've probably heard someone throw out this stat.: "Men think about sex every seconds." It's important not to believe something to be scientifically proven just because whoever said it framed it as a statistic. I mean think about it, if...
  • Posted more people die from... to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    Statistics can be misleading. People will often use them to make a point, but you can't infer anything more from a statistic than what it explicitly says. You've probably heard a statement like, "more people die each year from swallowing...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from silve309