carl4300

• Posted It's Evolutionary! to Section 12 & 13 F11 Psy 1001
    With so much new information that was taught to the Psych 1001 class this semester, I actually had some difficulties thinking of one concept that has and will stick with me. I finally decided that the concept of evolutionary psychology...
  • Posted A Match Made in Heaven to Section 12 & 13 F11 Psy 1001
    Professor Simpson lectured on the three different structures of attachment that was originally observed in children with their mothers. But it has been found that these structures may also be applied to romantic relationships as well. This is significant in...
  • Posted Emotional Rollercoaster to Section 12 & 13 F11 Psy 1001
    Last week, Professor Gewirtz lectured on the evolutionary view on emotion. I found this most interesting on account I believe the various and complex emotions of humans are rather underappreciated. Gewirtz lectured that Darwin believed that emotion promotes the...
  • Posted So You Think You Can Shape? to Section 12 & 13 F11 Psy 1001
    During class we learned the significance of Skinner's discovery of shaping. Shaping is commonly defined as the reinforcement of gradual steps towards desired behavior which is applied to operant conditioning. This is very important in improving the learning process...
  • Commented on The Cat in the Box
    **** WRITTEN BY**** Ashli Carlson...
  • Posted The Cat in the Box to Section 12 & 13 F11 Psy 1001
    In the last lecture, Professor Peterson discussed a few concepts of learning; the one I found particularly interesting was Thorndike's Instrumental Conditioning. He studied learning from the relationship between behavior and its consequence, also known as response-consequence learning. To study...
  • Posted Of Rats and Men: Experimenting with Memory. to Section 12 & 13 F11 Psy 1001
    Last Friday, Professor Gewirtz lectured on the importance of the hippocampus--the area in which the brain has the ability to understand where it is and to be able to orient its surroundings--for Spatial Memory. Gewirtz provides the example of the...
  • Commented on Dihydrogen Monoxide
    I actually laughed as I read this because as soon as I saw your title, I was reminded of high school--my chemistry professor had my class read the same article, and we had to explain why it's wrong in the...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from carl4300