spizz003

• Posted Danielle Spizzirri 3/24 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I continued researching father/child play interactions for the Father EF Follow-Up study literature review. My research was more successful today than yesterday and I found 3 more studies that may offer insight as to what the follow-up study should...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 3/23 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I continued to analyze descriptive statistics and independent t-tests for father/child play data for the Father EF study. I began comparing p values for the styles of play and the gender of the child playing. I also spent some...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 3/09, 3/10 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Over the past two days I have done some data analysis and research. I analyzed descriptive statistics from the Psych Distancing study's Locked Box task. Alyssa may use this task in the Father EF Follow-Up study, so we have been...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 3/06 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I edited the Father EF call, e-mail, and voicemail scripts to reflect the follow-up study that will be conducted beginning sometime this summer. I began researching for the Father EF follow up to see what has been studied in...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 3/03 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I called to try and recruit families with children between the ages of 8 and 18 to participate in the Emotional Faces survey. I was able to get a hold of a few people, so hopefully we get some...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 3/02 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today Alyssa and I discussed the number of participants who have responded to the Emotional Faces online survey. We have had 90 adults participate in the past week! Unfortunately we have only had 2 children participate in the survey so...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 2/25 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I continued to call to recruit families with children ages 8-18 for the Emotional Faces survey. I was able to get a hold of a handful of people and send them e-mails and I left many voicemails to inform...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 2/24 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I finished coding and data entry for the Father EF play task videos. I began working on preliminary work for the Father EF follow-up study that will hopefully be underway in May 2015. I updated and edited the consent...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 2/23 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Alyssa and I discussed what needs to be done to complete an IRB submission for the Father EF follow-up study. This week I am going to work on drafting descriptions of all the tasks that will be involved in the...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 2/19 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    I continued to code and enter data for the Father EF play task videos. I have 5 videos left to code/enter and then I will be finished! Additionally I took some time to copy and staple packets for the class...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 2/17 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I split my time between coding and entering Father EF play task data and calling to recruit participants for the Emotional Faces Qualtrics survey. So far we have not received any responses to the Emotional Faces survey. We're hoping...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 2/16 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I took a test run for the Emotional Faces Qualtrics survey. The survey worked perfectly, so Alyssa gave me the go ahead to send out a pilot survey to 15 participants. Once we begin to get responses back we...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 2/13 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I coded several Father EF play task videos and entered data into SPSS. Stacy and I have a little more than 20 videos left to code and then we will be finished collecting play task data! Alyssa and I...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 2/10 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    I continued coding Father EF play task videos and entering my data into SPSS. Alyssa, Stacy, and I took practice Qualtrics Emotional Faces surveys. Unfortunately we seem to still be having some issues with pictures loading incorrectly on PCs and...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 2/09 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I was busy completing various tasks for Alyssa. I continued coding Father EF play videos and began to enter my data into SPSS. I edited the spreadsheet so that we can keep track of who codes each video (me,...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 2/06 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    I was able to finish updating the Emotional Faces Qualtrics survey. There are a couple of labeling issues and pictures missing from the survey right now, so I plan to meet with Alyssa next week and discuss these issues. I...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 2/03 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    I continued editing the Emotional Faces Qualtrics survey. Today I had a little more difficulty matching the current survey pictures with the pictures saved on the Carlson Lab server due to errors in labeling of the pictures. I plan to...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 2/02 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I worked on editing Alyssa's Emotional Faces Qualtrics survey. I have been changing the formatting because last week we tested the survey before going live and discovered that while each picture loads it reveals the picture's file name. The...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 1/30 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I continued to code Father EF play videos for reliability. I was able to complete coding and entering in my data, so Alyssa will be able to calculate my reliability over the weekend. If my reliability is reasonable, I...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 1/27 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I spent a lot of time editing the Emotional Faces Qualtric Survey. It is almost ready to be e-mailed out and taken, which is very exciting. Alyssa is guessing we will begin recruiting participants to take the survey in...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 1/26 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I began coding Father EF play videos for reliability. I was able to get through 6 videos and enter my data into SPSS. I am hoping to compare my data with Alyssa and Stacey tomorrow. Once we compare our...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 1/20 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Alyssa and I conferenced to review the types of tasks I will be taking on over the course of my final semester with the Carlson lab. We have IRB approval for Alyssa's Faces survey, so we plan on completing the...
  • Posted Danielle 12/2, 12/4, 12/5 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    This week my main focus was to practice coding for the Father EF play task. On Tuesday, I became familiar with the coding vocabulary. The first few videos that I watched I had to continually pause in order to accurately...
  • Posted Danielle 11/17, 11/20 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    This week I worked on the Alyssa's Emotional Faces study and the Father EF study. Alyssa is in need of additional ratings for her Emotional Faces study so Stacey and I are compiling all of the pictures from the study...
  • Posted Danielle 11/10, 11/12, 11/13 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    This week I finished watching, coding, and entering data for the Father EF puzzle task videos. Alyssa and I got together on Thursday to discuss the remaining videos and compare our ratings. There was only one video that we had...
  • Posted Danielle 11/5, 11/6, 11/7 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    This week I continued to watch and code Father EF puzzle task videos and entered the data I collected into SPSS. I met with Alyssa briefly on Thursday to discuss all of the videos I had rated over the past...
  • Posted 10/28, 10/29, 10/30 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    This week I continued watching and coding Father EF puzzle task videos. I also entered in all of the data that I collected into SPSS. Alyssa and I had a conference to discuss our scores for each of the tasks...
  • Posted Danielle 10/23, 10/24 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    This week was very similar to last week. I spent my time watching and coding Father EF puzzle task videos. I am becoming more confident about my coding with each video I watch. After watching and coding each video I...
  • Posted Danielle 10-13, 10-15, 10-17 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    This week I was finally able to finish data entry for the Alyssa's Face state fair project. The entries took me a lot longer than expected, but I am finally finished! The rest of the week I watched and coded...
  • Posted Danielle 10-6, 10-8, 10-9 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    This week I focused on watching and coding puzzle task videos for the Father EF project. I coded 8 videos to test for reliability. Alyssa and I calculated that our reliability was above a .722 for the autonomy support ratings,...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from spizz003