spizz003

• Posted Danielle Spizzirri 1/30 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I continued to code Father EF play videos for reliability. I was able to complete coding and entering in my data, so Alyssa will be able to calculate my reliability over the weekend. If my reliability is reasonable, I...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 1/27 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I spent a lot of time editing the Emotional Faces Qualtric Survey. It is almost ready to be e-mailed out and taken, which is very exciting. Alyssa is guessing we will begin recruiting participants to take the survey in...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 1/26 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I began coding Father EF play videos for reliability. I was able to get through 6 videos and enter my data into SPSS. I am hoping to compare my data with Alyssa and Stacey tomorrow. Once we compare our...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 1/20 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Alyssa and I conferenced to review the types of tasks I will be taking on over the course of my final semester with the Carlson lab. We have IRB approval for Alyssa's Faces survey, so we plan on completing the...
  • Posted Danielle 12/2, 12/4, 12/5 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    This week my main focus was to practice coding for the Father EF play task. On Tuesday, I became familiar with the coding vocabulary. The first few videos that I watched I had to continually pause in order to accurately...
  • Posted Danielle 11/17, 11/20 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    This week I worked on the Alyssa's Emotional Faces study and the Father EF study. Alyssa is in need of additional ratings for her Emotional Faces study so Stacey and I are compiling all of the pictures from the study...
  • Posted Danielle 11/10, 11/12, 11/13 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    This week I finished watching, coding, and entering data for the Father EF puzzle task videos. Alyssa and I got together on Thursday to discuss the remaining videos and compare our ratings. There was only one video that we had...
  • Posted Danielle 11/5, 11/6, 11/7 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    This week I continued to watch and code Father EF puzzle task videos and entered the data I collected into SPSS. I met with Alyssa briefly on Thursday to discuss all of the videos I had rated over the past...
  • Posted 10/28, 10/29, 10/30 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    This week I continued watching and coding Father EF puzzle task videos. I also entered in all of the data that I collected into SPSS. Alyssa and I had a conference to discuss our scores for each of the tasks...
  • Posted Danielle 10/23, 10/24 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    This week was very similar to last week. I spent my time watching and coding Father EF puzzle task videos. I am becoming more confident about my coding with each video I watch. After watching and coding each video I...
  • Posted Danielle 10-13, 10-15, 10-17 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    This week I was finally able to finish data entry for the Alyssa's Face state fair project. The entries took me a lot longer than expected, but I am finally finished! The rest of the week I watched and coded...
  • Posted Danielle 10-6, 10-8, 10-9 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    This week I focused on watching and coding puzzle task videos for the Father EF project. I coded 8 videos to test for reliability. Alyssa and I calculated that our reliability was above a .722 for the autonomy support ratings,...
  • Posted Danielle 10-01, 10-02 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    On Wednesday I briefly conferenced with Alyssa on some FEF puzzle task videos. We are beginning to code very similarly, which will be very good when we start to assess reliability. After the conference I watched 2 more FEF puzzle...
  • Posted Danielle 9-25, 9-26 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    On Thursday I learned how to take the Faces survey for Alyssa's project. I had to identify emotions in many adolescent faces and rate how accurately I believed each emotion was represented. When I finished taking the surveys I continued...
  • Posted Danielle 9/17, 9/18, 9/19 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    This week was my first full week getting back into the swing of things at ICD. I came into the lab 3 times. On Wednesday, I continued with some data entry for Alyssa's Faces study. I had started entering data...
  • Posted Danielle 5/2 and 5/5 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    As the semester winds down I have been assisting Alyssa with her Faces/Emotions study. I have been reorganizing and entering data into a new Excel spreadsheet. I am going to continue entering data for the remainder of the week and...
  • Posted Danielle 4/28 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I finished coding and entering into SPSS all of the raw data for the Father EF study. We are officially done running participants and our spreadsheet is up to date. Alyssa requested a small change in the way we...
  • Posted Danielle 4/27 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I ran my last participant of the semester for the Father EF study. Everything ran very smoothly and I am glad I ended running participants on a very positive note. I am meeting with Alyssa tomorrow to plan out...
  • Posted Danielle 4/24 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I finished up all of the double coding for the Father EF study. I just had a few Bear/dragon tasks to code and enter into SPSS. After that I made some minor changes to the spreadsheet that Alyssa requested....
  • Posted Danielle 4/21 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I re-coded Bear Dragon videos for a reliability check for the Father EF study. I had some computer trouble with the videos, so I was unable to code as many as I had hoped. I entered all of the...
  • Posted Danielle 4/16 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Between today and yesterday I was able to come into the lab for several hours of copying and coding for the Father EF study. I made copies of all the coding sheets for the study. Next I coded Delay of...
  • Posted Danielle 4/14 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    On Saturday, April 12th I ran a session for the Father EF study. The participant was mostly cooperative, although he did get upset during the Delay of Gratification task. When I asked him what was wrong, he said that he...
  • Posted Danielle 4/9 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Yesterday, I ran the 112th session for the Father EF study. The participant was very hyperactive and it was difficult to keep his attention on many of the tasks. Despite his short attention span, we were able to complete all...
  • Posted Danielle 4/5 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I ran the 111th session for the Father EF study. The participant was very cooperative and we were able to finish each task in a timely matter. Next week I will be running my last 3 sessions of the...
  • Posted Danielle 4/3 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    On Wednesday, April 2nd I came into ICD to do some clerical work and to run a session for the Father EF study. I made several copies for the study. I entered all of the current parent questionnaires into SPSS....
  • Posted Danielle 3/27 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    On Wednesday, March 26th I ran a Father EF session in the evening. The participant was very cooperative and I was able to complete all of the required tasks. This participant was very clever and very cautious for his age....
  • Posted Danielle 3/24 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    On Sunday, March 23rd I ran a participant for the Father EF study. The session ran very smoothly and the participant was a very bright little girl. She excelled at every task. She made it the farthest I've ever experienced...
  • Posted Danielle 3/17 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Yesterday, Sunday, March 16th, I ran two sessions for the Father EF study. I had two very cooperative participants and was able to have all of the tasks completed. I will be taking the week off for spring break and...
  • Posted Danielle 3/12 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    This week I ran a session for the Father EF study on Monday, March 10th. The participant was cooperative and we were able to get through all of the tasks. Today I came in to do some clerical duties. First,...
  • Posted Danielle 3/05 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    This week I ran a session for the Father EF study on Tuesday, March 4th and then came in to do some coding on Wednesday, March 5th. On Tuesday I had an extremely shy participant. He refused all of the...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from spizz003