spizz003

• Posted Danielle 5/2 and 5/5 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    As the semester winds down I have been assisting Alyssa with her Faces/Emotions study. I have been reorganizing and entering data into a new Excel spreadsheet. I am going to continue entering data for the remainder of the week and...
  • Posted Danielle 4/28 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I finished coding and entering into SPSS all of the raw data for the Father EF study. We are officially done running participants and our spreadsheet is up to date. Alyssa requested a small change in the way we...
  • Posted Danielle 4/27 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I ran my last participant of the semester for the Father EF study. Everything ran very smoothly and I am glad I ended running participants on a very positive note. I am meeting with Alyssa tomorrow to plan out...
  • Posted Danielle 4/24 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I finished up all of the double coding for the Father EF study. I just had a few Bear/dragon tasks to code and enter into SPSS. After that I made some minor changes to the spreadsheet that Alyssa requested....
  • Posted Danielle 4/21 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I re-coded Bear Dragon videos for a reliability check for the Father EF study. I had some computer trouble with the videos, so I was unable to code as many as I had hoped. I entered all of the...
  • Posted Danielle 4/16 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Between today and yesterday I was able to come into the lab for several hours of copying and coding for the Father EF study. I made copies of all the coding sheets for the study. Next I coded Delay of...
  • Posted Danielle 4/14 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    On Saturday, April 12th I ran a session for the Father EF study. The participant was mostly cooperative, although he did get upset during the Delay of Gratification task. When I asked him what was wrong, he said that he...
  • Posted Danielle 4/9 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Yesterday, I ran the 112th session for the Father EF study. The participant was very hyperactive and it was difficult to keep his attention on many of the tasks. Despite his short attention span, we were able to complete all...
  • Posted Danielle 4/5 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I ran the 111th session for the Father EF study. The participant was very cooperative and we were able to finish each task in a timely matter. Next week I will be running my last 3 sessions of the...
  • Posted Danielle 4/3 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    On Wednesday, April 2nd I came into ICD to do some clerical work and to run a session for the Father EF study. I made several copies for the study. I entered all of the current parent questionnaires into SPSS....
  • Posted Danielle 3/27 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    On Wednesday, March 26th I ran a Father EF session in the evening. The participant was very cooperative and I was able to complete all of the required tasks. This participant was very clever and very cautious for his age....
  • Posted Danielle 3/24 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    On Sunday, March 23rd I ran a participant for the Father EF study. The session ran very smoothly and the participant was a very bright little girl. She excelled at every task. She made it the farthest I've ever experienced...
  • Posted Danielle 3/17 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Yesterday, Sunday, March 16th, I ran two sessions for the Father EF study. I had two very cooperative participants and was able to have all of the tasks completed. I will be taking the week off for spring break and...
  • Posted Danielle 3/12 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    This week I ran a session for the Father EF study on Monday, March 10th. The participant was cooperative and we were able to get through all of the tasks. Today I came in to do some clerical duties. First,...
  • Posted Danielle 3/05 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    This week I ran a session for the Father EF study on Tuesday, March 4th and then came in to do some coding on Wednesday, March 5th. On Tuesday I had an extremely shy participant. He refused all of the...
  • Posted Danielle 3/02 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    I ran two sessions for the Father EF study over the last two days. On Saturday, March 1st I had a participant who was pretty hesitant to participate in several of the activities. I found it very difficult to try...
  • Posted Danielle 2/26 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    I was able to come into ICD for a few hours today to code some Delay of Gratification videos for the Father EF study. These videos take a long time to code because the task can be up to ten...
  • Posted Danielle 2/19 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I spent a lot of time at ICD. I came in during the afternoon to do some coding for the Father EF study. I was able to code many Gift Delay videos. Once I finished coding, I made several...
  • Posted Danielle 2/18 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I ran my second Father EF session for Alyssa's study. Everything went well. The participant excelled at each of the tasks, so I was able to conduct each of the tasks longer than I ever have before. I had...
  • Posted Danielle 2/14 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    On Friday I ran my first Father EF session by myself. The participant was very cooperative and I think everything went really well. I look forward to getting some feedback from Alyssa on the session and continuing to assist with...
  • Posted Danielle 2/12 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I was able to code videos for the Father EF study. I coded Bear/Dragon, Delay of Gratification, and Gift Delay videos. I also took some time to read over the Father EF scripts and play back my first Father...
  • Posted Danielle 2/11 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today my primary focus was on sending out recruitment e-mails for the Father EF study. I also I had some time to replenish all of the copies needed for the participant folders and coding sheets. At the end of this...
  • Posted 2/8 Danielle to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    This week I was able to become a lot more involved in the Father EF study with Alyssa. Last Saturday and this past Monday I was able to sit in on sessions and watch Alyssa take participants through all of...
  • Posted Danielle 12/9 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I began by sending out appointment reminder e-mails and recruitment e-mails for the Father EF study. I spent a little over an hour sending out e-mails because Alyssa has very few people booked for December. Next, I finished coding...
  • Posted Danielle 12/4 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I sent out appointment reminder e-mails and recruitment e-mails to participants and eligible participants for the Father EF study. I also organized all of the coding sheets for this study and made copies of any that were running low....
  • Posted Danielle 12/2 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I began with sending out recruitment e-mails. I decided to devote a little extra time to recruiting today because I saw that December has very few participants scheduled. After about an hour or so of recruiting I was able...
  • Posted Danielle 11/25 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I continued to code Delay of Gratification videos and Gift Delay videos for the Father EF study. I dedicated most of my time to updating the SPSS program. I went through each variable and made sure they were relevant...
  • Posted Danielle 11/20 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I started by sending out recruitment e-mails and appointment reminder e-mails for the Father EF study. I also organized folders and made copies for the study's upcoming participants. Alyssa asked me to glue together one of the puzzles she...
  • Posted Danielle 11/18 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I continued coding videos for the Father EF study. I coded Delay of Gratification videos and Gift Delay videos. After spending about an hour coding I was able to do some data entry into the SPSS program. Alyssa and...
  • Posted Danielle 11/13 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I coded Delay of Gratification and Gift Delay videos for the Father EF study. I also disinfected the toys used in the Father EF study. The remainder of my time I spent sending out recruitment e-mails....
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from spizz003