cunni350

• Posted False Memory and Its Implications to Section 12 & 13 F11 Psy 1001
    The aspect of psychology that affected me most was the idea of false memories. The thought that someone would be convinced they did something that never happened is amazing to me. False memories are figments of our imagination that are...
  • Posted How Reliable Is A Polygraph Machine to Section 12 & 13 F11 Psy 1001
    The polygraph machine, invented in 1921 by a Berkley medical student, is a machine that measures various biological functions in the body with the hope that the biofeedback will change when a subject is trying to deceive a questioner....
  • Posted Micro-Expressions to Section 12 & 13 F11 Psy 1001
    Popularized by the former Fox drama Lie to Me, the micro-expression is an actual phenomenon. In the show, the character Cal Lightman, played by Tim Roth, used his keen eye to read people's micro-expressions to see if they were lying....
  • Posted Do We Really Need Our Full Eight Hours? to Section 12 & 13 F11 Psy 1001
    We have all been told at some point in our life that we need to get a good nights sleep because we have something important the next day. I personally enjoy sleep and try to get as much as I...
  • Posted How Natural is Naturalistic Study? to Section 12 & 13 F11 Psy 1001
    According to Goodhart's Law "the act of measuring something changes it". Just like adding a hot thermometer to a cold solution raises the temperature slightly. Inserting a psychologist into a foreign environment has the potential to change everything and anything...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from cunni350