deran014

• Posted Memory to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    Five years from now I probably won't remember much of what I learned in this psychology class. That is not because I didn't find it interesting, because this class definitely piqued my interest and made me think about people...
  • Posted What is your personality? to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    In class and textbook readings on behavior and personality we have learned that the definition of personality is "people's typical ways of thinking, feeling, and behaving." This definition, taken from the textbook, indicates that a person defines his or...
  • Posted Kardashian Fairytale? to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    To read more, visit Huffington Post There is no "happily ever after" for Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries who have filed for divorce after being married for only 72 days. This divorce was brought on by Kim, who claims...
  • Posted Kids Should Play! to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    The nation's largest group of pediatricians at the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) National Conference and Exhibition released the statement "children under age 2 should avoid watching TV as much as possible" this past week. Some evidentiary support of...
  • Commented on Does a Sneeze Mean Disease?
    I think the article was pretty good in terms of scientific thinking. The author was good about saying that correlation isn't always causation which is not often seen in health articles. I think the conclusions are plausible. Sneezes occur for...
  • Posted Does Napping Make You Smarter? to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    Matthew Walker, an assistant professor at the University of California at Berkeley divided 39 young adults into two groups. At noon the participants took part in a memory exercises that required them to remember faces and link them with...
  • Posted Does a Sneeze Mean Disease? to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    Many of us have heard the myths about sneezes. For example, you can't keep your eyes open when you sneeze or that looking at a bright light will cause you to sneeze. Other thoughts about why we sneeze lead...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from deran014