holli167

• Posted Correlation Versus Causation to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    The most important concept in psychology that I think will stick with me in five year is a scientific principle but is one of the most important things I have learned nonetheless. It is similar to the other scientific principal...
  • Posted Anxiety and Exposure Therapy to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    On last Fridays lecture, on 11-4-11, about emotion there was an interesting segment on anxiety and how it is treated. What I got out of it was that they are treated by an interesting procedure called Exposure therapy. Exposure therapy...
  • Posted Erasing Memories to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    The class textbook mentions briefly the effects of propranolol on people memories. They mention that it had the effect of dampening traumatic memories but not erasing them completely. The studies showed that the participants that received the drug stopped having...
  • Posted When do we become conscious? to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    I watched the first 12:30 minutes of the BBC Horizon: The Secret You video, which had some interesting ideas about consciousness. It got me to think about when I first became aware of myself. According to the video we...
  • Posted Selective Attention to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    I believe selective attention may be one of the most useful features of the human brain. Selective attention is basically the automatic use of abstraction by our brains. We overlook minor details of what is happening to us at a...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from holli167