mill5556

• Posted General Concepts to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    I think that the psychology concept that I am most likely to remember in five years is just the basic concept of being skeptical and thinking scientifically. Such concepts as hindsight bias and confirmation bias are two that specifically stand...
  • Posted Rorschach: Reliable or Rubbish? to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    A projective personality test is a test that involves the participant responding to indistinct stimuli, such as scenes, words, or images. These tests are intended to uncover thoughts, fears, and desires of the unconscious that are hidden from conscious awareness....
  • Posted Eating Disorders Spread to Blogs to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    The two most commonly occurring eating disorders are bulimia nervosa and anorexia nervosa. Bulimia is characterized by a pattern of bingeing and purging, while anorexia by extreme starvation. Both disorders, however, share several aspects, including; obsession with weight, low self-esteem,...
  • Posted His and Hers: Sleeping Habits? to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    Understanding sleep versus consciousness is a major part of Chapter 5. The stages of sleep are explained and in discussion sleep deprivation was explored. I was very interested in the theory of one gender being more likely than the other...
  • Posted Unnoticed Examples of Occam's Razor to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    I feel that the principle of Occam's razor is one of the most applicable principles of psychology. Occam's razor, simply put, is assuming that the simpler of equally logical explanations is correct. The applications of this principle are endless, and...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from mill5556