rend0039

• Commented on My New Perspective on Hip Hop
    I feel the same way! It was so refreshing to learn something new and intriguing from this course!...
  • Posted Blog #5 to Sex, Politics, and Global Hip Hop
    Before entering this course I thought that Hip-Hop was simply a display of music and tradition. I did not have much of an interest in the genre of music or the history involved with it aside from the fact that...
  • Commented on
    I agree with you on thinking that the most important issue facing youth is peace and unity. I really enjoyed your video choice and I think it complemented your blog really nicely....
  • Posted Blog #4 to Sex, Politics, and Global Hip Hop
    The most important issue facing new generations is not knowing what is going on in their surroundings. The song Where is the Love? by the Black Eyed Peas is a good example of a situation in which the lyrics are...
  • Commented on Global Hip Hop
    I had a difficult time thinking of global hip hop artists that I listened to on a semi-regular basis and after doing some research, there were more global hip hop artists that I knew of than I originally thought! I...
  • Posted Emmanuel Jal to Sex, Politics, and Global Hip Hop
    Emmanuel spent four years with the SPLA and by the time he was 8 years old he learned military strategy and weaponry and at the age of 9 he was taking part in major battles. Following the fall of Mongistu...
  • Commented on Hip Hop and Feminine Unity
    That is really interesting that your sorority had you listen to something that we listened to in class. It is always great when things that happen in class cross over into real world situations....
  • Posted Blog 2: hip hop feminism to Sex, Politics, and Global Hip Hop
    I wasn't quite sure of what hip hop feminism was and I am not sure that there is a distinct answer exactly. From what we have learned in class I think that it is a combination of hip hop and...
  • Commented on Hip Hop and Me!
    I understand what you mean when you say that you feel like an outside when it comes to Hip Hop. The only real exposure I have had to Hip Hop is through dance because I competed in Hip Hop and...
  • Posted My first exposure to Hip Hop through dance to Sex, Politics, and Global Hip Hop
    When I was three years old my parents put me into dance class because I loved to be on stage. Soon after, I was competing in dance competitions all over the U.S. A large part of competing in dance is...
  • Commented on Sugar, Spice and Everything....Not Nice..?
    WOW! I am very surprised by this blog! I didn't know that there were things as supertasters, and additionally I was not aware that they were more attracted to bland foods over sweet and salty foods. Very interesting!...
  • Commented on Everyone's Doing It, So It's OK
    When reading this in the book, I was quite surprised as to how much people conformed to others ideas, even if they are wrong. I started to pay more attention to how others respond when they are working in group...
  • Commented on Stop telling me to be thin!
    I always think about the media showing really thin people as being the most attractive. I never thought about shows like the biggest loser playing into this. When they have larger people being told that they are more attractive as...
  • Commented on Is Samantha Brick "Too Beautiful" or "Just Average"?
    This was an interesting blog to read. I had not heard of this instance before so I wanted to look a bit further into it. After seeing more about it I am curious as to how much of her "attractiveness"...
  • Commented on Beauty in the eye of the Beholder
    It is so interesting to think that the definition of beauty differs across cultures. I think that it is so important that we as humans remember that just because we are not all "perfect" in the eyes of some, we...
  • Commented on you don't smoke? you can't be cool!
    Great Blog!! I really like the different ads that you used to show the four different manipulative aspects to advertising. We can see this everyday walking down the streets if we carefully pay attention to our surroundings. I think that...
  • Commented on False Stimulation
    This is a great example of conditioning. I totally know what you mean about stepping out of the water when the toilet is flushed. It is so interesting to put psychology into a real life situation because we are surrounded...
  • Commented on Beauty and the Beast?!
    I was also really interested in the rules of attraction so I was drawn to your blog. I had never thought about comparing the rules of attraction to cartoons before reading this. I love the movie the beauty and the...
  • Commented on Beauty Throughout the Ages
    I find it so interesting to read what others have to say about this topic because it is something that is so prominent in our culture and it sickens me how our society views people, women specifically. I have a...
  • Commented on Is Chocolate a Sign of True Love?
    It is so interesting to think that our vision of love starts at such a young age and has so much to do with what we see on tv and in our homes. You are so right when you mention...
  • Commented on Part of the Crowd
    I have never thought of arousal being part of the reason why people get sporting events. Now that I think about it, it does make sense that arousal would play a part in why a person would play into different...
  • Commented on Autism: More Common than You Think
    I think that you did a very nice job of describing to us what autism is and what effects is has on people. I was not aware that if affected boys that much more than girls. I was also stunned...
  • Commented on Wait, I Thought That??
    This is so interesting! I was interested to read your second portion because I was expecting your results to be much different than they were. However, this does make sense because in your mind you are thinking one thing, but...
  • Commented on The Science of Arousal
    I think that you made some extremely interesting points in your above blog. I find it interesting to think that people actually purchase these products featured in the advertisements because of how distracting the advertisements are themselves. In a retail...
  • Posted The Reasons as to Why People Become Addicted to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    I have learned a lot of good information this semester about psychology and why we do the things that we do as humans. The most interesting though, in my mind, was about drugs and consciousness. I have always been a...
  • Commented on My take on how genetics affects our behavior
    This is an interesting topic. The phobia of height and other things can still affect our lives even if we do not want them to. People do not fear guns themselves, they fear the outcome of the guns (Being killed)....
  • Commented on Aggression and Video Games
    I think that there is some correlation to violent video games and television to violent behavior. Depending on the home situation as well as the amount of time spent engaging in such activities, there could be some arguments made that...
  • Commented on The TRUE Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
    This has provoked me to watch this movie. Is it possible to do such a thing? It would be interesting if we could, but I do not think that I would partake in the activity of erasing my memory. Bad...
  • Posted I have to do math to see how smart I am? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    While people often talk about test scores, many people are confused about exactly what these test scores mean. In order to adequately assess and interpret test scores, psychometritians use a process known as standardization. The standardization process involves administering the...
  • Commented on To Spank, Or Not To Spank
    I was brought up strictly in a home where my parents did not spank us. My two older brothers and I were not perfect by any stretch of the mind and our parents took other approaches like grounding us and...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from rend0039

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page