bake0545

• Commented on Crazy Cat Lady
    This is a very interesting topic that we learned in Psy 1001. I have seen the three rules of attraction, proximity, similarity, and reciprocity, play out in my life and the lives of my friends and family. I think it...
  • Commented on To catch a criminal
    To answer your question, should the FBI still be using criminal profilers, based off of Psy 1001, I would say no. From what I have learned, it is not very likely that a criminal profiler can make predictions better than...
  • Commented on The Effects of Authority & Our Future
    The affects of authority on behavior is astonishing. The example of Nazi Germany is always what I think of. I cannot believe the things people did simply because an authority figure tells them they must. I think it is important...
  • Commented on Taught in the classroom- Classical Conditiong.
    I agree, this is a very interesting topic. Until this class, I never realized how many tricks there are in advertising. The Kia Optima commercial is absolutely a prime example of the psychology behind advertisements....
  • Commented on The Key to Our Success-Personality!
    I agree that this is a very interesting topic! It is definitely one of the ones I will remember for a while. It was interesting to see how I scored on the BPP. It made complete sense when comparing it...
  • Posted Don't Go To Bed Angry to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Many concepts from psychology stick out in my mind; however, the most significant one is relationships. Relationships are an important part of everyone's life. From Professor Jeff Simpson, we learned about attachment theory and that is not only plays a...
  • Commented on "F~R~I~E~N~D~S"
    This is absolutely one of the topics that will stick with me from PSY 1001. I am in the same situation with being 2 1/2 hours away from my best friends and boyfriend. It is a tricky situation to be...
  • Commented on I Just Can't Get Enough...sleep
    This is a great blog post! I learned about the 90 minute sleep cycle trick in my high school psych class. There are some websites that let you enter when you need to wake up and it tells you when...
  • Commented on Beauty in the eye of the Beholder
    I fully agree with what you said in this post. I find it so saddening to see what women put themselves through in our culture to appear "beautiful." I am curious if other cultures that have different ideals for beauty...
  • Commented on Part of the Crowd
    I find this topic to be very interesting. I read another blog post that discussed this in a different manner. However, both came down to the same fundamentals that being in the presence of others can increase a persons performance....
  • Commented on Social Facilitation and the History of the "rabbit"
    This is a very interesting concept. I fully agree with the first comment about Yerkes-Dodson law. Personally, I know that when I am rehearsing for dance I perform a lot better when there is an audience. I believe that when...
  • Commented on What do your pets say behind your back?
    I love this topic and the reference to Up is great. I have also wondered about what my dogs are thinking or trying to communicate. Sometimes it is clear that they feel threatened, but other times I have absolutely no...
  • Commented on The Ability to Read Minds
    This is a very interesting topic. One of the many research teams here at the U is using this technology to have people complete tasks and play games with only their brain. It takes time to train a person to...
  • Commented on Divorce is a GOOD thing
    I don't agree with the statement "you basically gave up and weren't able to fulfill a life long commitment you made." Though I have not personally be involved with a divorce, I don't believe that the people gave up. Many...
  • Commented on The Pasta-Chocolate Diet: Too Good To Be True?
    In my nutrition class, we have been learning how the majority of fad diets do not work because they have such high standards that are extremely hard to meet every day. In addition, this pasta-chocolate diet is leaving out many...
  • Commented on Girls Can Be Aggressive Too!
    I like how you immediately noted that correlation does not equal causation when regarding aggression and testosterone. I agree with the first post; as a girl, I have seen gossip as a form of aggression. I feel that girls tend...
  • Posted Freakonomics: Decision Making with a Twist to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Our textbook briefly discusses the process of decision making. It is the process of choosing among a set of options. The authors of Freakonomics, Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner, took an interesting twist to this concept of psychology....
  • Commented on Diagnosing Rachel McAdams in "The Vow"
    The link is very interesting. I have not had much experience with people who have memory loss or learning about it in classes. For this reason, a lot of my ideas about memory loss do come from popular media. As...
  • Commented on Overdosing on Water?
    I have heard of the problems with overdosing on water. However, I think that on an average day, we don't have enough time to sit down an drink incredible amounts of water that cause health problems. Personally, I have a...
  • Commented on Seeing Your True Colors
    This is incredibly interesting! I have not had much experience with colorblindness in my life, but have always wondered what it would be like to not see certain colors. The picture you posted is a good visual. I can imagine...
  • Commented on Adrenaline Miracle
    Very interesting! I've heard this story before, but never knew the vital role that adrenaline had in saving Aron's life. I can't believe that in this situation he had the will power to remove his own arm. I hope I...
  • Posted Is Face Recognition a Learned Ability? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    After many, many years, the Nature versus Nurture debate still continues. It is applicable to nearly all psychological topics; including face recognition. ScienceDaily recognizes a study that attempts to show that nurture, not nature has a significant role in a...
  • Posted Twisted Perceptions to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Every day, we receive countless amount of stimulus from our world. Our iPhone rings and vibrates to tell us we have a text message. We walk through Coffman Union and see flyers for a concert next weekend. The ringing, vibrating,...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from bake0545

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page