chan0984

• Posted Animal Training, It's Pretty Simple to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    One of the concepts I will remember the most from Intro to Psychology is operant conditioning. Operant conditioning is a form of learning that is controlled by the consequences of the organism's behavior. These consequences consist of either reinforcement or...
  • Commented on The Key to Our Success-Personality!
    It's astonishing that psychologists have narrowed down personality to 5 simple character traits that accurately depict (to an extent) a person's personality. My scores on the BPP matched the way I act and I totally expected it to. At my...
  • Commented on Sleep Is Everything
    Sleep is important to our health. Like everyone else, I don't get enough sleep every night, which affects me the next day. There's been many instances this year when I don't get enough sleep and I end up falling asleep...
  • Commented on To Judge or Not To Judge
    As humans, it's part of our nature to judge others right away. Our behavior always has a story behind it. It is sad that we jump to conclusions about someone at the first glimpse. The best way to know the...
  • Commented on Taught in the classroom- Classical Conditiong.
    It's amazing how the marketing world has embraced the concept of classical conditioning. It's fascinating that pairing certain pleasurable items with a product can make it more appealing to the viewer. The next time I watch a commercial I'm going...
  • Commented on Sometimes, "few" is better than "many".
    I also agree that the more people understand the bystander effect, the better they can respond to emergency situations. People tend to follow the actions of others, which is why the bystander effect is so predominant. If someone is willing...
  • Commented on Birth Order: Does It Really Matter?
    I think that birth order does affect people's personalities to a small extent. I believe it has something to do with their roles in the family dynamics. Usually, the oldest child is given more responsibility because they might have to...
  • Commented on Social Facilitation and the History of the "rabbit"
    I agree that social facilitation is true for the most part. People tend to do better when in the presence of others because of competition or wanting to impress others. However, not everyone is like that. There are certain people...
  • Commented on How the Big5 are reflected in your study habits.
    I believe that the Big 5 does reflect our study habits to some extent. The Big 5 provides a sense of what our personalities are like and can also determine our work ethics. However, they don't necessarily provide a clear-cut...
  • Commented on Crowds Acting As One
    I completely agree that social contagion is infectious at large events. I believe that people will follow the actions of others because they don't want to stand out or be the one who doesn't participate in the festivities. Also, at...
  • Posted Girls Can Be Aggressive Too! to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    When we think of aggression, we typically associate it with males. I picture in my head guys exhibiting physical violence against other guys. For the most part, this is true if it pertains to physical aggression. Researchers believe that males...
  • Commented on Effects of divorce on children
    I think divorce tends to be difficult for any person involved, especially children. Children are sometimes caught in the middle and are put in tricky situations where they're forced to choose one parent over another. The whole relationship of the...
  • Commented on Animal Talk (Speechless)
    It would be revolutionary if humans could eventually understand animal language. I, however, doubt that it can be possible. I believe that we can understand animals' behavior but we won't be able to understand what they're saying. It's too complex...
  • Commented on Virtual Aggression
    I don't really think there's a correlation between them. I think that violent video games have a greater effect of desensitizing violence rather than encouraging violent behavior. Additionally, there isn't much factual evidence to support these arguments. I feel that...
  • Commented on Eating Disorder Causes a High Death Rate
    It is really surprising that anorexia nervosa has a high death rate compared to depression and schizophrenia. I feel like it's not talked about as much as depression. I usually associate depression with death more than AN. The high death...
  • Commented on Tell Me When! [Leptin: Our body's hunger communicator]
    Can people pay for the procedure to inject the hormone or is it still in the developmental stage? Did the three people need continuous injections or is it a one-and-done type of thing? I wonder in the future if they...
  • Commented on When Your Lie Detector Test Lies to You
    I agree that lie detectors aren't reliable. People have developed strategies to pass these tests. In the movie Ocean's Thirteen, Livingston passes a lie detector test by stepping on a tack when answering truthfully so that his truthful answers would...
  • Commented on The Key to Weight Loss? Eating Snacks
    I agree that this diet plan seems like it could work. Some people think that if they skip a meal, they'll lose weight. However, this is incorrect because skipping a meal will make them feel even more hungry for their...
  • Commented on I'm not blind, I can see with my ears!
    It's amazing how Ben developed a strategy to help him "see" by using a strategy more widely associated with animals. We read in class how children's brains are able to compensate alterations more than adults. I think that losing his...
  • Commented on The TRUE Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
    I also agree that experiences shape who we are and they have a great deal with how we conduct ourselves. If we take away our memories, we wouldn't be the same person. I wonder if we can repress our memories...
  • Commented on Alzheimer's, A Growing Problem
    It's crazy to think that with all the technology we have at our hands Alzheimers is still a mystery. What kind of protein is linked to Alzheimers? Can our lifestyle choices really affect the chances of us contracting Alzheimers or...
  • Commented on Bilingualism: An Advantage?
    I agree that as you learn a new language the syntax of that language is hard to grasp. But as you continue to spend more time learning the language, you can master the issue. Learning additional languages is very beneficial...
  • Posted Animals Are the Way to Your Heart...or Wallet to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Advertisements are ubiquitous. They're everywhere and there's nowhere to hide from them. They can be seen on virtually everything, such as TVs, magazines, newspapers, buses, billboards, etc. Advertisements are a prime example of classical conditioning, especially higher-order conditioning. By repeatedly...
  • Posted Can Money Truly Buy Happiness? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Chapter 11 focuses on the emotions humans experience and the motivational forces that drive human behavior. I was most interested about the myths and realities of the things that make people happy. As humans, it is in our nature to...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from chan0984

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page