econo026

• Commented on Upside Down Obama
    Psychology is often referred to as just being common sense or easy or not being a scientific field. All of these are very wrong, as you stated. Psychology is a much more involved field of study then most of the...
  • Commented on Snape, Snape, Severus Snape...
    I too am a big fan of Harry Potter, so I really liked your unique approach to this blog. All people, even fictional characters, can be described by the Big 5 personality traits, as you showed above, so well, with...
  • Commented on Separated at Birth.
    This study is very controversial, and most likely will never be repeated in the future because of the rules on ethics that are now in place. If this were to occur naturally though, due to adoption, or other circumstances, it...
  • Commented on Disney in Love
    I, like others, was drawn to your post because of the title. I never thought to apply the "rules of attraction" that we learned in psychology 1001 to a movie, let alone movies directed at children, such as Disney films....
  • Commented on How would you feel if you couldn't recognize your own face?
    Before reading this post, I didn't think about prosopagnosia in depth whatsoever. But now I too am having trouble wrapping my head around this rare, but extreme, disorder. I cannot imagine living in a world where I were unable to...
  • Commented on Everyone's Doing It, So It's OK
    I too found this study very surprising to read about. I like to think if I were in this situation I would not conform to those around me, especially knowing that everyone else was so clearly wrong. But after seeing...
  • Commented on You're A Ten! ;)
    I also thought that this concept and activity was very cool, and it will definitely be something I carry with me into the future. Before psychology I didn't really know what explained the attraction between different people, and while I...
  • Commented on Don't Go To Bed Angry
    This study just proves the old saying "don't go to bed angry" to be true. That saying was something we'd all heard, but I personally never really thought about the scientific facts behind it (if there we any) and of...
  • Posted The Effects of Authority & Our Future to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    This semester of Psychology 1001 has taught me about many things that I think are applicable to my everyday life, and of course my future as well. One of these topics is the affect that authority has over us. The...
  • Commented on Beauty Standards around the World
    I really liked how you discussed the things that different cultures had in common with each other (when it comes to beauty), and the great differences they have as well. Not only is "beauty in the eye of the beholder",...
  • Commented on Dad is Part of the Equation for Success
    I do think that it is important for children to be raised in stable homes, often meaning that there is both a mother and a father present. That being said, I don't necessarily think that the role of one specific...
  • Commented on Tell Me When! [Leptin: Our body's hunger communicator]
    This blog entry immediately made me think of the presence (whether it be normal, or not) of the hormone leptin in those people who have Prader-Willi Syndrome. This is a syndrome that occurs when an individual is missing the father's...
  • Commented on Monkey in the Middle
    This entry was very interesting! I believe that this phenomenon could also be compared to how many young children seem almost attached to a certain blanket or stuffed animal. It provides comfort and warmth for the child just as the...
  • Commented on Consciousness... In Robots?
    I found your attached article extremely interesting and informational. Like others, I had no idea research of this level was happening on artificial consciousness. On that note, I do like the point raised about consciousness in humans, and whether advancements...
  • Commented on Bike Helmets, should they be mandatory?
    I agree with the majority of the comments above, in that a person should be able to choose whether they wear a helmet when riding a bike. However, I believe that bike companies, helmet companies, and even health departments need...
  • Commented on Autism: More Common than You Think
    I really liked how you described autism in your post. I actually volunteer at an Autism Clinic every week, and like you said, every case is completely unique. Each child I work with has a completely different set of abilities,...
  • Commented on Can you tell someones sexuality by looking in their genes?
    I read the article and, like others before me, found the portion on the sizing of certain portions of the brain extremely interesting. I too believe that homosexuality is not something that one chooses, but rather something that someone is...
  • Commented on Beauty in the evolution, not the eye, of the beholder
    Recently, this image of supermodels without photoshop was all over some of the social media sites that I use, and it reminded me of the youtube video attached. I found this photo extremely surprising. Even though I knew that many...
  • Commented on Memory "kills" an innocent man
    I also found the segment on creating false memories very interesting. I believe that cases similar to this are extremely dangerous, and as seen in this example, can ruin people's lives. Rules outlining eyewitness stories and the encouragement of creating...
  • Commented on It's Not Always the Serial Killer's Fault
    I love the connection you made between Freud's defense mechanisms and the show Dexter. I too have only seen this show a handful of times, but even so, it is very obvious that this painful memory takes a toll on...
  • Posted Liar Liar to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Lying and lie detection is depicted surprisingly often in our media today. Shows such as Lie To Me, CSI, and even Dr. Phil expose to public to, and use, different methods to distinguishing the truth from lies. Because of this...
  • Posted Art Illusions to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    The pieces of art done by this artist are perfect examples of how artists use some perception principles to enhance their work. In both pieces, there is an element of bottom-up processing. In bottom-up processing the entirety of the image--or...
  • Posted The Mozart Effect to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Chapter ten explains how and why we as humans develop. This chapter is broken up into four different sections, each of which touching on different areas within this unit; first is the special considerations of human development, next the physical...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from econo026

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page