juddx060

• Commented on What are the real effects of alcohol?
    This information seems like it needs to be shared with the rest of the public. I never understood why colleges offer classes on alcohol and drinking because I thought that everyone understood what alcohol could do to the brain. However,...
  • Commented on improve your life with psychology
    I too found this very interesting. One of the best memories that I have was riding a roller coaster for the first time as a kid. I can't quite remember how old I was when it happened, but it is...
  • Commented on You're A Ten! ;)
    I also thought this activity was very interesting. One of the things that I thought was somewhat peculiar is how proximity can overrule all other factors. Some of the people that I knew in the class had actually ventured to...
  • Posted Go Ahead and Try to Lie to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Imagine you're in a room with a lie deception expert, and you have to lie to him about why your friend didn't come home last night. Do you think you could fool him? I will remember Paul Ekman's research on...
  • Commented on Rock A By Baby
    I am also one of those people who receive about 3-4 hours of sleep a night. Although I would like to blame that on other people, it is my fault. I tend to stay up procrastinating very late every night...
  • Commented on Depression SUCKS
    I'm glad you picked this as your blog topic. I have a friend that I live with that apparently has been going through a lot over the past two years. What amazes me is that he has been able to...
  • Commented on "F~R~I~E~N~D~S"
    I would like to start off by saying that I have always thought the show Friends would be my ideal life. It is amazing how well connected all of them were, and I would strive for friends like that one...
  • Commented on Crazy Cat Lady
    Thank you for providing a brief overview of some of these terms. You did a very good job of giving examples that I could relate to. I don't doubt that you will be remembering these for the next 5 years...
  • Commented on Is Samantha Brick "Too Beautiful" or "Just Average"?
    I think it is outrageous that anyone could actually write this about themselves. I'm glad you brought up this topic; it was a very good post. I'm sure the reason that all of her friends were drawn away from her...
  • Commented on Birth Order: Does It Really Matter?
    I agree with your thoughts here to some extent. I do not believe, by any means, that the personalities listed first are correct for describing the birth order. My oldest brother, for being as smart as was, was quite an...
  • Commented on Beauty in the eye of the Beholder
    I agree with your thoughts here. No one on this Earth has an exact standard of what beautiful is. People may talk to each other about how beautiful someone is, but chances are they are attracted by different things. It...
  • Commented on Does your attractiveness affect your Career and Relationships
    This was a good post. I can understand the survey said that 57% of managers "say that an unattractive but qualified job candidate will have a hard time getting hired." However, I don't really agree that employers are blinded by...
  • Commented on The Key to Weight Loss? Eating Snacks
    This seems to be the most effective way to losing weight and keeping it off. I had a conversation about when and what to eat with one of my doctors last year while being tested for hypoglycemia. The response that...
  • Commented on Fellas + Eating Disorders
    This was a very good post. I had two best friends in high school who were on the wrestling team. Every year, our high school wrestling team made it to state so they always felt the pressure even in the...
  • Commented on Stop telling me to be thin!
    I recently saw a banner in which pictures, of Marilyn Monroe and Kate Bosworth at the beach, were set side by side. In the photo, classic Marilyn Monroe was being compared to a very unhealthy (very skinny) looking Kate Bosworth....
  • Commented on Lie detectors don't work.....What will?
    I also thought that I had a firm grasp on the reality of lie detectors through watching television shows and movies. I always assume that what the shows portray isn't completely correct but rather that it is fairly accurate. However,...
  • Posted The Polygraph Test: Convicting Innocent People Since 1915 to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Studies suggest that the college students tell an average of two lies per day. We all lie. This is the reason that there is such a large emphasis on lie detection. There are many different lie detection techniques: nonverbal behaviors,...
  • Commented on Take more Naps and STILL Have Time for Homework?
    I really enjoyed the way that your quote from HelpGuide painted a picture of what is happening as we sleep. I also find the Uberman Cycle very interesting. One of the main concerns that I have with it is the...
  • Commented on Advertising between 1960-2012: How much have consumers changed?
    I know that if this advertisement was used today, it would create a lot of issues for many in society. However, if it were allowed, would it still work? We know that advertisements still use many of the sames strategies...
  • Posted Have Scientists Developed the Key to Consciousness? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    In a recent experiment, Marcus de Sautoy traveled to Wisconsin to find an answer to the question, "What does the difference in consciousness between waking and sleeping tell us about our sense of self?" In the experiment, scientists were able...
  • Commented on Lose 2 pounds per day gaurunteed!
    This was a very good idea for a blog topic seeing as how everyone from all over is looking for a good way to get in shape. I feel like the government should have more strict regulations on advertisements like...
  • Commented on Is Face Recognition a Learned Ability?
    This is very interesting to learn about how people from different parts of the world tend to focus on different areas of the face. I think it would be fascinating to do a study of people throughout all of the...
  • Posted Think You Can See the Future? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Extrasensory Perception, or ESP, brings about the argument of whether or not certain people can predict events or see things that haven't yet revealed themselves. Parapsychologists, or people who study ESP, have broken this phenomena in three categories, Precognition, Telepathy,...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from juddx060

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page