maty0021

• Commented on Girls Can Be Aggressive Too!
    This was a very interesting blog. And I totally agree with you that gossiping is a form of aggression. It is seen very clearly that, like you said, although boys attempt more physical aggression, girls do display a form of...
  • Commented on Confessions of a Say Yes to the Dress Addict
    I was extremely intrigued by your article because I love the show "Say Yes to the Dress" and I also have a pintrest board dedicated to my dream wedding. However, I do not understand why some people spend as much...
  • Commented on Beauty in the eye of the Beholder
    I really liked your blog because it opens your eyes to see beauty in different cultures and aspects other than just the westernized culture....
  • Commented on Is Samantha Brick "Too Beautiful" or "Just Average"?
    I really liked your post and totally agree with you when you talk about how Brink may be behaving differently to attract the attention from men and women. I definitely agree with you to think there are other factors at...
  • Commented on Part of the Crowd
    I definitely think that people perform better in a crowd because even if you think about practicing in a sport. You definitely work harder when the coach is around as opposed to when they are turned around not looking....
  • Posted Beauty Throughout the Ages to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    In five years I think what I will remember most about our psychology class will be bulimia and anorexia. Although we can say that society is starting to realize that models and actresses who are tiny are not healthy, I...
  • Posted Twilight: Of Course a Successful Love Story to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Twilight--a movie and book series that everyone knows about, but not everyone likes. It is a love story between a human, Bella and a vampire, Edward. According to Ellen Berscheid there are three major principles in attraction and relationship formation....
  • Commented on Can you hear that???
    I really liked this blog because my roommate has actually tried this on me and it doesn't work! I am 20, but am convinced that with using headphones so much and listening to music so loud I have lost the...
  • Commented on Consider the other Sexes
    This blog is really interesting because I am in a biology class where we were actually talking about this exact question about only having two boxes to check under gender. It does not take into account people who do have...
  • Commented on you don't smoke? you can't be cool!
    The way you showed the different types of advertising was very interesting. I feel like it shows the progressing of cigarette ads as well, where people first thought it was okay for you to everyone knowing the dangers smoking has....
  • Commented on The Art of Deception
    I really liked how you described in detail how the illusion worked and the differences between the dark and light contrasting colors. I love these drawings but I can never get my mind to see the drawing as just 2D....
  • Commented on Are lie detectors really accurate?
    I think this subject is extremely interesting because as you stated you do see lie detectors throughout t.v., movies, and in the courtroom. I especially find it interesting that a whole t.v. show, The Maurey Show, is based on lie...
  • Commented on Beauty Standards around the World
    I think it is very interesting that there are specific things that are beautiful across the board between cultures. I really like this article because it does show the difference in how beauty is viewed globally. Beauty is a huge...
  • Commented on Taylor Swift: A Genius
    After reading this chapter it really surprised me when I thought back to k-12, when teachers made a huge emphasis on these multiple intelligences. I think it is important to know a child's strongest intelligence, but like you stated, it...
  • Commented on Is that $300 Burning A Hole In Your Pocket? Try Speed-Reading!
    This was an excellent article. I really liked how you used personal advice as the basis for your blog. I think everyone who read your article should thank you. You saved us big bucks because I am sure a lot...
  • Commented on Dad is Part of the Equation for Success
    I totally agree with you about this article. My dad has been extremely important in my life and I don't know what I would do without him and just my mom. The two definitely complete each other in parenting and...
  • Commented on Effects of divorce on children
    I really liked your article, but wished you would have put more emphasis (if you were comfortable with it) on your specific experience to tie it into the research. Your article is very prevalent to today's society with so many...
  • Commented on Blame Your Brain, Not Your Stomach
    To your question at the end of the article I definitely think there was still a pressure on girls to be thin. The "ideal" body, put in our brains by society, for a woman is and always was to be...
  • Commented on Dying to be Beautiful
    This is a very interesting topic and dear to my heart since two of my close friends have suffered from this disorder. You took a very good approach to this article and think it was very well written and said....
  • Posted Autism: More Common than You Think to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and autism are both disorders that affect millions of American kids. In fact 1 in every 110 children are placed on the autism spectrum. But boys are three to four times more likely to have autism...
  • Posted Can Stress Cause You to Gain White Hair Faster? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    The answer to the above question is no. The statement that stress causes your hair to turn white is nothing but a myth, but it does have an effect on ones health. Stress is tension, discomfort or actual physical symptoms...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from maty0021

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page