riesn021

• Posted Rock A By Baby to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    There is no question that the amount of sleep we receive has a larger impact on our bodies. Sleep deprivation can lead to so many problems, not just physical, but psychological as well. All the information learned on sleeping during...
  • Commented on Advertising. Is It Really That Simple?
    I agree with the comment above about the blacked out faces. I feel like they are inviting you to identify and see yourself as those faces. It is interesting to take a closer look at an ad and notice things...
  • Commented on Does your attractiveness affect your Career and Relationships
    My mom always told me you only get one chance at a first impression. According to your blog she is right. Employers do judge based on your looks, which isn't very fair at all. What are some good ways to...
  • Commented on Birth Order: Does It Really Matter?
    This definitely does not hold true in my family. My older brother is super laid back, while I am more of an achiever. Do the personality types change according to the number of children that are in the family?...
  • Commented on Crowds Acting As One
    I have noticed this phenomenon a lot! Particularly when I go to a baseball game for some reason. I don't necessarily pay attention all of the time, so when I miss something, I follow the crowd. This situation can be...
  • Commented on "I Can Do Better When You Are Watching Me" - Social Facilitation
    I have noticed this belief being practiced a lot. One thing i realized is that it is mainly men who fit this persona. I don't know if it is because they are trying to impress people all of the time,...
  • Commented on "F~R~I~E~N~D~S"
    Going to school 6 hours away from home and my friends, it was also a huge adjustment for me not to see them everyday. My relationships began to dwindle down and I realized just what it takes to keep your...
  • Commented on I Just Can't Get Enough...sleep
    Sleep was also one of the most interesting things that I will remember from this course. In discussion I realized just how much sleep I am deprived of. Since then I have really started to change my sleeping habits. Believe...
  • Commented on Depression SUCKS
    Like you, I never fully understood depression, mainly because I have never gone through it. Despite not going through it, I realize how many people struggle with it daily. I'm currently trying to read more about it to gather a...
  • Commented on Beauty Standards around the World
    I have always heard of foot binding in China to be considered beautiful in their culture, but I never understood it. It's quite amazing how such drastic beauty alterations can be taken as something extraordinarily beautiful across cultures. I would...
  • Commented on Do You Remember Last Night?
    I agree with the comment above, people don't take into consideration the severity of their memory loss. You hear about people going out on the weekends and blacking out, not remembering what happened the night before. This type of situation...
  • Commented on The TRUE Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
    This is actually one of my favorite movies. I can not even bare the thought of removing my memories. Does such a thing even exist. If so, imagine how we would be different, our reasoning, personalities, and self-image may even...
  • Commented on I Can Read Your Mind...I Think
    Guessing 7/25 doesn't seem like a very high number. Personally, I don't believe in ESP and psychics etc. I read in the book about their process of giving a reading to someone. They start by a base reading, using very...
  • Commented on The Pasta-Chocolate Diet: Too Good To Be True?
    It is so sad that our society has to resort to eating low carb and low calorie food in order to obtain this unrealistic image. I do agree that as a society we should take eating healthier into account, but...
  • Posted Monkey See, Monkey Do to Monkey See, Monkey Do
    The link between human and animal behaviors has been studied for centuries on end. Many species of animals react and behave in the same manor as most humans do, but how they comprehend and communicate back is where they differ....
  • Commented on The Importance of Getting Some Zzzzz's
    Sleep is one of the most interesting topics to me, being as I don't really understand it. There are so many studies done, and the results can be very confusing and contradicting. My understanding is that 7-8 hours of sleep...
  • Commented on Teaching Braille Makes Sense
    I think most of us have either attempted to read Braille or joked that we could actually read it at one point or another. It is interesting that you say there are slang methods in Braille, I have noticed that...
  • Commented on My take on how genetics affects our behavior
    Can all of our fears be explained from this conclusion? I am actually going to be switching my major to genetics soon. I am truly intrigued to learn about how our genes affect our bodies in all these different types...
  • Commented on The Brain as a Ticket to Travel.......out of your body
    This is a very fascinating article. This has actually happened to me a few times, after taking an unintentionally long nap. It reminds me of inception; is an out-of-body experience just us dreaming about us sleeping?!...
  • Posted Seeing Your True Colors to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    It's amazing how we can perceive all of the different colors of the world with just three microscopic cones found in our eyes. These color detecting cones were discovered in 1964 by Brown & Wald. Each cone is sensitive to...
  • Commented on Stem Cells: To Research, or Not To Research?!
    The stem cells are not specifically created for research, they are just naturally being produced already. If not used by research, the stem cells just replace other dead cells in your body....
  • Posted Stem Cells: To Research, or Not To Research?! to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Most of us have heard about the very controversial topic of stem cell research at some time or another. In chapter 3, the subject matter is yet again brought back to our attention. Seeing as the chapter as a whole...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from riesn021

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page