stieb013

• Posted Feeling Groggy? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    From all of the topics I learned in Psychology this year, the topic I will remember five years from now is the sleep and the sleep cycles. In college sleep is one of the most important things for the body,...
  • Commented on Love is Love
    Great blog about the heated debate of homosexual marriage. Everyone should have the same rights if they are homosexual or not. People should not be punished for what they believe in. This is a free country and everyone should be...
  • Commented on Grandma has an eating disorder?
    Great blog! I always correlated eating disorders with younger people, but I have found out they can affect anyone. Adding onto that, I did not know they cared about their body image as much as we do. Everyone is unique...
  • Commented on Consider the other Sexes
    I found this blog very interesting! It caught my attention when you proposed the two questions in the beginning. I feel it is completely unfair to those who are defined as "intersex". Their rights are not the same as those...
  • Commented on Is Chocolate a Sign of True Love?
    This is a very interesting blog topic! Love can be a touchy subject, but you had a great perspective on it. I completely agree that people take into account feelings and how people react to situations with love. Some people...
  • Commented on Taking Action: What I learned from PSY 1001
    I also feel this is a great topic to remember five years from now. It is unbelievable to hear how many people do not stop harmful acts from happening. This is so surprising when people see a crime occurring and...
  • Commented on "F~R~I~E~N~D~S"
    I had the same problem of losing touch with my high school friends after college started. You made a great point that proximity plays a key role in keeping touch with friends. It is hard not being able to see...
  • Commented on Beauty in the eye of the Beholder
    This is a very intriguing topic and I completely agree with you that no one is the exact same. Everyone is beautiful in their own skin and shouldn't be self-conscious about them-self. It is very interesting to me that different...
  • Commented on Birth Order: Does It Really Matter?
    Interesting blog but I do not find this within my siblings. I do not find this valid with any family really. The birth order should not matter the personalities of the child or the way they act. I don't have...
  • Commented on Crowds Acting As One
    Very interesting post, and a great relation to sports. I believe social contagion is a real thing and relating it to sports is perfect. Even if you don't see the play you react as everyone around does, either if it...
  • Commented on Does your attractiveness affect your Career and Relationships
    Very interesting blog. Though it makes sense companies want attractive people to "represent" their company, I do not agree with this. Even though someone may be more attractive than someone else, this does not mean they have a better worth...
  • Commented on Is Your Brain Shrinking?
    This post was eye opening to me. I was unaware of how many people are affected by Alzheimer's disease. You gave a great, simple description of what the disease does and how it affects people. The picture you provided also...
  • Commented on Concussions: Dazed and Confused.
    Concussions are becoming more and more common as the years progress, especially sports. Physical contact sports are grueling that contains a lot of violence. I am interested to see how these football players are going to be affected in several...
  • Commented on Eating Disorder Causes a High Death Rate
    It's so depressing and sad that people go to such far measures to make themselves skinny. I was unaware of how eating disorders cause high death rates. Endangering your life just to become skinny is no where near okay. People...
  • Commented on Am I a Good Parent??
    I agree with you when you say don't stress about what type of each parenting style entails. I do not even think it matters if you fall under a certain parenting style. Just being yourself and showing your kid you...
  • Commented on The Key to Weight Loss? Eating Snacks
    As I agree with most of the article, I disagree with some parts of it too. By eating several snacks throughout the day, I feel that would cause you to overeat more than if you ate three meals a day....
  • Commented on Fellas + Eating Disorders
    This blog was very interesting and held my attention throughout the entire thing. Wrestling is a great example as many people can relate to it. My uncle wrestled in high school and had to cut weight weekly, and he has...
  • Commented on Lie detectors don't work.....What will?
    From watching shows like CSI, Law and Order, and NCIS I thought I knew everything about lie detectors and how they worked. In these shows lie detectors worked to perfection, so I was under the impression they worked like this...
  • Commented on Let's Be Realistic. Lose 20 Pounds in 14 Days!
    I will never understand why people put themselves through such agony to make their physical appearance more attractive. Your diet consisting of water, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and maple syrup for two weeks is the last thing I want to...
  • Commented on Lose 50 Pounds in 3 Days!
    A couple of my parent's friends have tried a serious weight loss plan or diet to lose 20-30 pounds in a short period of time, and it has done them worse than good. Going into a diet without knowing how...
  • Posted Virtual Aggression to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    In the past decade children's aggressive behavior has been directly correlated to violent video games, and some show no correlation at all. There are many other factors that play a role in why children's behavior is aggressive even if they...
  • Posted Homosexuality: Nature vs. Nurture to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Ever wonder why we turned out the way we are? As we have read in Chapter 3, there is a big debate on how we came to be who we are. The discussion of nature versus nurture has been going...
  • Posted 60 Year Old Memory Wiz to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Have you ever wondered why when people are 60 years old they can still remember events from their teenage years? Chapter seven discusses and describes the memory of humans in detail. Sensory memory, short-term memory, and long-term memory are the...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from stieb013

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page