unhje001

• Posted Nature vs. Nurture: Which matters more? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Out of all of the topics that were taught in Psychology 1001, I think I will remember Francis Galton's topic of Nature vs. Nurture the most. This topic can be applied to many different situations and debates, like the Psychology...
  • Commented on Lie detectors don't work.....What will?
    I also thought that lie detector tests were completely reliable thanks to the media in today's world. I remember thinking in different situations that people should just administer lie detector tests to solve murder mysteries and other cases. I think...
  • Commented on Let's Be Realistic. Lose 20 Pounds in 14 Days!
    This was really interesting to read! The fact that people gain all the weight back after they finish the detox diet is something that no one really knows. I feel like this is common today with the different detox diets...
  • Commented on Grandma has an eating disorder?
    This was really interesting! I have never thought of eating disorders affecting older people, but there's no reason why they can't be victims of these as well. It's kind of like how most people don't think of eating disorders affecting...
  • Posted When Your Lie Detector Test Lies to You to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Lie detector tests have become a popular image thanks to many popular TV shows and movies such as Meet the Parents, Lie to Me and Maury, making us believe that they are reliable. In reality, the idea that a machine...
  • Commented on No, you did not tell me that!
    The chapter in the book about memory was very interesting to me! It's creepy to think that we can have memories that we can distinctly recall but in reality they never happened. Flashbulb memory is very interesting to me too....
  • Commented on Is that $300 Burning A Hole In Your Pocket? Try Speed-Reading!
    Your personal experiences and story with the topic make this blog so interesting! I had never heard much about speed reading training before our psych class this semester. I think I would have fallen prey to the same myths as...
  • Commented on Divorce is a GOOD thing
    Divorce is an interesting and tricky topic when it comes to children and families. I come from a divorced household myself and I will be the first to say that in situations when the environment isn't healthy or happy it's...
  • Commented on Advertising. Is It Really That Simple?
    This is a very interesting topic! I never realized the thought that went into advertising until I began taking business classes in high school. I find it interesting that many businesses today have psychological professionals on their advertising team to...
  • Commented on Bilingualism: An Advantage?
    This post was very interesting to read! I am also studying Spanish and am planning to study abroad in Spain. The book mentioned that if a person is immersed in the language and culture it is easier to become fluent,...
  • Commented on What do your pets say behind your back?
    This is very interesting! It's cool to think about my own dog and try to compare these ways of communicating to things he does. I definitely think dogs can "communicate" with each other but I think of it more as...
  • Commented on How Did It Happen To YOU?
    This blog is very interesting! I really like how you asked your friend and your mom what they remembered of September 11th. I remember where I was when I heard and what happened at school but not much after that....
  • Commented on The TRUE Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
    I completely agree with what you've said in your blog. Everyone knows that everyone in the world has experienced things that haven't been pleasant but those experiences and memories are what shapes who we are. It's interesting to think which...
  • Commented on Alzheimer's, A Growing Problem
    This is very interesting! I didn't know that Alzheimer's can't actually be diagnosed except in an autopsy. I know family friends who have had family members suffer from Alzheimer's and it is a very emotionally painful disease for everyone involved....
  • Commented on True Versus False Memories - Lost in a shopping mall by Elizabeth Loftus
    I really enjoyed reading your blog, especially after discussion last week. I find false memories to be very interesting and very scary at the same time, especially in the case of Paul Ingram. It's scary to think how vulnerable our...
  • Commented on Bike Helmets, should they be mandatory?
    I also think that the main group of people that need to wear helmets are children. We have all learned in previous chapters of our Psych book that our brains aren't fully developed until we are older. Since children are...
  • Commented on Why Cats Rule
    This article is very interesting! I love all of the examples you had to show that it is possible to train animals and make them learn different information and tricks. Our minds are very interesting and it is hard to...
  • Commented on you don't smoke? you can't be cool!
    These different advertisements are really interesting! It's scary to think that advertisements like the first one actually existed in the past and worked. Now days we would never see a doctor recommending someone to smoke cigarettes, but that's because we...
  • Commented on Introducing the latest super hero: THE SUPERTASTER!
    What an interesting topic! I took the test you linked with the article and, thankfully, I am not a super taster! I feel like people would first think being a super taster would be so fun and interesting, but until...
  • Posted A Teenager's...Accidental...Secret Weapon to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Teenagers today have new ammunition in their fight against adults and authority: hearing loss. In 2005, Howard Stapleton invented the high frequency sound called the "Mosquito" as a way to keep teenagers and other young people from loitering outside stores...
  • Commented on Adrenaline Miracle
    The story of Aron Ralston is truly amazing! Until reading the section about adrenaline in the book I never realized that adrenaline occurs in everyday situations as well. When the book talked about not being hungry before a test because...
  • Commented on I Can Read Your Mind...I Think
    The idea of ESP is something that is hard to wrap our minds around. While most people say they don't believe in it, I think there are still people who will believe someone who says they have ESP, even if...
  • Posted Who's to Say You're "Dumb"? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Chapter 9 focuses on two main topics: IQ testing and the different forms of intelligence. While the topic of IQ testing brought up a number of unique points and different information, the idea of different forms of intelligence intrigued me...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from unhje001

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page