choi0308

• Commented on What Controls Our Minds?
    Yes. This idea also baffled me when I learn it in Psychology class. There are many theory of mind, but one of the theory said that we try to find answers about what already happened or did, and we try...
  • Commented on improve your life with psychology
    I agree that there are many beneficial concepts/knowledge in Psychology.I think what you talked about in your entry has been already used to treat post-traumatic stress in soldiers by isolating their emotional components....
  • Commented on Future of Love
    Haha. I also wrote about the three important principles in making a relationship. I hope you master this techniques and get your future partner. Oh. Don't forget to take her to an amusement park for a roller-coster...
  • Commented on Psychology and me
    As a non-native speaker, it is fascinating that many people in Barcelona can speak at least 2 languages. I think I will also educate my children early so that they can learn more than 2 languages easily....
  • Commented on Improving your memory
    I think I will be always interested in memory and how it works because I will always question about my memory whenever I fail a test. It is good to know that practice can improve memory capacity....
  • Posted Three important priciples in building a relationship. to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    I'm confident that the topic that I will talk about in this blog post not only will be remembered after five years, but also will have been continuously reminded during five years. As many sexually active, unmarried men and women...
  • Posted Sometimes, "few" is better than "many". to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    General people might think it is safer in company of many other than of small number of people. They reason that if there are many people around them, many people would help them when they are in dangerous or...
  • Commented on Sexual Orientation
    This is interesting topic. I agree that homosexuality involves both physiological and psychological aspects. People of the same sex can be attracted each other because their hormone balances are different from regular people. Also, people's fascination about homosexuality may have...
  • Commented on Fellas + Eating Disorders
    It is very interesting to read about boys getting anorexia nervosa because of their requirement. It seems extreme for me to lose at least 4-6 pounds in 2 hours. I think it is possible if you run for 2 hours...
  • Commented on Dying to be Beautiful
    It is interesting topic because I have been on diet for 2 months. Every time, I gain some weight like 2 pounds, I am really stressed out and regret why I ate too much. However, like most of other people,...
  • Commented on Beauty Standards around the World
    It is interesting to see how standards of beauty can be radically different across different cultures. Is there a culture which consider being massive (fat) is "beautiful"? Or is it universal standard that everybody consider "beautiful"?...
  • Commented on "Vampire+Human=?!"
    It is interesting that you analyze the relationship between vampire and human based on three principles: proximity, similarity and reciprocity. I have not seen this movie yet, but I'm sure that they also share similar appearance; they are both pretty...
  • Commented on Aggression and Video Games
    I agree that playing violent video game is not the only reason for children behaving violent. However, I think that constant habit of playing violent video games may affect children's long term behavior. Young children are more vulnerable to violent...
  • Commented on Blame Your Brain, Not Your Stomach
    This is interesting topic for me because I'm trying to lose some weight. What hormones control feeling of hunger? Then, would it be possible to block specific type of hormones so that we don't feel hunger anymore? Sudden surge of...
  • Commented on The Key to Weight Loss? Eating Snacks
    "Snack-All-Day Diet Plan" is very attractive way to lose weight. I'm currently on diet because I gained so much weight during winter break. Anyway, I'm skipping dinner and doing 1 hour exercise everyday, but it is difficult because I have...
  • Commented on The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From the Tree
    This is informative because we, almost all of us, will become a parent of a child, and we will be contemplating how to raise a child. I think I will try to be a parent, who balance between "Authoritarian" style...
  • Commented on Are lie detectors really accurate?
    This is interesting. I've also heard that people can fool the machine by taking a short training. As the article says, the machine measure the level of anxiety and there can be many things that cause anxiety. For example, in...
  • Posted Implanting False Memory: Inception to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Is implanting false memory is really possible? In the movie, Inception, people try to implant false memory into a subject so that the subject would make wrong decision about his company in the future. One technique they use is that...
  • Commented on Why am I Hungry Again?
    I think this topic is very interesting because I am one of the conditioned animals. I think I am already "classical-conditioned" by my mom. Whenever my mom comes back from work and open the front door, the squeaky sound of...
  • Commented on Who decides who I love?
    I think if someone knows complete answer for this question, he or she would become a billionaire. Everybody wants to be attractive to opposite sex, and people try to appeal what they think it is important. Some try to appeal...
  • Commented on Out-of-Body Experiences: The Mind-Body Problem
    I think that this is one of the most interesting topics in Psychology book. In my opinion, it is somewhat inappropriate to call "dualism" as theory because it's is not falsifiable. However, I understand one can believe that such distinction...
  • Commented on How to train the dog?
    This is cute video. I also have a similar experience that it would have been more fun if I knew how to train my dog using positive reinforcement. One episode from the comedy drama, "Bing Bang Theory", dealt with positive...
  • Commented on Is Your Brain Shrinking?
    Yes. I think everybody is worried about getting Alzheimer's disease when getting old. You mentioned that there are a combination of three things genetic, lifestyle and environmental factors. I'm very curious what kinds of lifestyle make us more susceptible to...
  • Commented on Zombies Really Do Come Out at Night
    So, if people unconsciously receive stimulus while they sleeping and localize the signals only into only parts of the brain, does it mean that people interpret the stimulus different than while they are awake? Since people need entire brain and...
  • Commented on The Brain as a Ticket to Travel.......out of your body
    This is interesting. Sometimes, when I have too long nap and try to sleep at night, I have strange feeling that my body is being lifted. In my opinion, brain may produce different perception of our bodies while we are...
  • Commented on Introducing the latest super hero: THE SUPERTASTER!
    If beer tastes like urine to super taster, then I don't want to be superhero anymore. That's really sad that they cannot enjoy foods, and it would be very stressful to them. However, they would not become fat because they...
  • Commented on Left Handed? Then, Different Minds!
    I didn't think that using different would result in thinking in different way. I thought that whether people use left or right hand, they think similarly. However, this interesting research showed that a left-handed person thinks differently than right-handed person....
  • Commented on The Importance of Getting Some Zzzzz's
    If sleep deprived mouse die within 2 days, it suggests that it is at least necessary for the critical vital function. If a person is sleep-deprived for long time like 2 weeks, that person would die too, but we cannot...
  • Commented on Prohibition! on sugar?
    Even though there are some evidence that sugar is addictive, I think that's not only reason why people consume such a tremendous amount of sugar per day. It' is really difficult to avoid sugar consumption because almost all commercial foods...
  • Commented on Water: Dangerous to our Health?
    If fluoride water give much more benefits than potential danger, it's okay to use fluoride. Many tap water probably contains not only fluoride, but also many other chemicals. However, amount of these chemicals are only traceable, so they would not...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from choi0308

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page