leid0069

• Posted It's taught me... to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Type A Personality: The American Dream. CEO Of some huge corporation. Drive the jaw dropping sports car into work every morning. Drive back every night to the beautiful spouse waiting for you in the multimillion-dollar mansion. Have the kids...
  • Posted It knows me better than I know myself! to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    The very commonplace phrase entitling this blog is actually a pretty interesting one to stop and think about. While we as Americans like to claim we know it all and nothing is uncommon territory, we couldn't be more wrong....
  • Commented on Alzheimer's, A Growing Problem
    I didn't know that Alzheimer's was most related to genetics. Diseases that have an unknown cause always make me wonder why we can't seem to find anything out about them....
  • Commented on Is that $300 Burning A Hole In Your Pocket? Try Speed-Reading!
    That makes me wonder how many other people have fallen for that. At least you realized that you weren't able to comprehend what you were reading, but I wonder if other people have fallen prey unknowingly....
  • Posted No, you did not tell me that! to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Forgetting or recalling a memory is a prevalent part of everyday life. There are, however, many different types of these things. Source monitoring confusion, flashbulb memory, and false memories are three of the many. Confusion can often be associated with...
  • Commented on Is Face Recognition a Learned Ability?
    I definitely agree that both nature and nurture play a role in facial recognition. I'm definitely not a scientist by any means, but I'm sure somewhere in your brain is some type of reaction or genetic hub that allows you...
  • Commented on The Screen Adds Ten Pounds
    I agree with your doubts about the correlation between the two -- extraordinary claims require extraordinary measures, right? I personally think your "screen time" is a choice. You could easily cut an hour off to go for a nice run...
  • Commented on I Can Read Your Mind...I Think
    What do you think about the possibility of people who can read body language so well that their subjects feel as if their minds are indeed being read? Kind of an abstract idea, I know. But some studies have proven...
  • Commented on The Power of Persuasion
    I definitely agree with you in that studies have obviously proven subliminal messaging doesn't work. But what do you think about using that against the general public? Is it kind of reverse psychology to clue people in that there is...
  • Posted The Waking Up is the Hardest Part: Consciousness vs. Unconsciousness to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Our biological clocks determine what kind of day we're going to have. We've all had "one of those days" where sleep just seemed far more important than Avogadro's number and how it relates to an atom. But seriously, you don't...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from leid0069

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page