maje0096

• Commented on Reading In Between The Lies
    Although maybe it can't be perfected it defiantly is an ability to read people. It's something I always wished I was better at. The ability to tell what people are thinking, and if their lying would require a very good...
  • Commented on Killing Machines or Creative Geniuses?
    This is very interesting, I never thought of video games being a venue for creativity. Maybe when I'm writing that next big paper I'll have to punch out a few rounds of COD first lol....
  • Commented on To soft, to hard, or Just right?
    I would have to say that simple definitions of parenting styles don't suffice. As everyone is different different parenting styles work better on different kids coming from different parents. I don't think it's something that can be narrowed down this...
  • Commented on ACT? SAT? IDK!
    I also read in the book where it said that there is a .7 correlation between the SAT and IQ scores. So they do seem to be relevant tests. It is good though that they take into account work load...
  • Commented on One of the oldest debates in psychology, which side are you on?
    Personally, I think that nurture is a cheap way of dismissing actions. While your environment might make you take certain actions, it doesn't define who you are, assuming that you have strong character....
  • Commented on Wait what, you have never been grounded?
    There is something to be said about permissive parenting. The book and other publications say authoritative parenting style is best, but the fact is every child is different. While authoritative may be the best statistically, it doesn't mean it's the...
  • Commented on You Are Not Alone!
    The title it's self is very interesting. I forgot who said it but theres a saying that what ever your feeling and going through, theres a extremely high chance that it happens to everyone else. For instance public speaking, nobody...
  • Commented on Stamp Out Stigma- The U of M Offers FREE Services!
    It is an interesting point. If you have no legs you get a wheelchair, but if you have a mental disorder you may not want to admit it to yourself, because you're afraid of being weak. As a man with...
  • Commented on Blood Type & Personality Traits
    It is interesting though how people carry out superstitions. As you may have looked at your zodiac sign at some point, in asia they look at their blood type. It's an interesting phenomenon that people assert such high beliefs in...
  • Commented on IQ Score Matter?
    As i do believe that IQ has a lot to do with the "value" of your brain, for lack of a better word, it doesn't nessacarily fit into the "system" for instance Albert Einstein struggled in school, yet he was...
  • Commented on The "Correct" Way to Raise Children
    Thats a good point about all the information being forced on parents about raising their children. Lord knows I wasn't raised by a book and i turned out fine, I think... But whats really important to raising children is common...
  • Commented on Drugs, Drugs and More Drugs
    Drugs are a very interesting device in human psychology. It can comment on someone's character when they abuse it, and addictions are an extremely interesting. But there will always be temptations in the world, theres no way to avoid it....
  • Commented on Autism and Vaccinations
    The first commenter makes a very interesting point, I wonder if autism could develop from external sources after birth. It's a disorder you associate with birth, and it's a very interesting one as everyone registers on the autism spectrum, so...
  • Commented on Emoti-cons. :(
    Life is known to adapt so why wouldn't it adapt to technology? It's only natural that through the new medium of the internet more nonverbal forms of communication would appear. As time goes on I'm sure there will be more...
  • Commented on The Battle Against Ignorance
    This is a very good point, a lot of people these days what something to blame their actions on, turning themselves into a victim, ether by society, their parents or whatever else they can think of. But just because theres...
  • Commented on What are children missing out on while watching television?
    While i agree with this to an extent, theres also a lot of valuable things being displayed in modern television. While it takes away from physical activity, it also shows children how people interact. It provides relevant life situations and...
  • Commented on Notable Abnormality
    This is one of the reasons that I have a problem with psychology being considered a science. It's trying to quantify and label things that can't, and shouldn't be labeled. By putting people into groups such as normal and abnormal,...
  • Commented on Stuck in a rut
    The way I've felt with problem solving ruts is persistence. No matter what it is I'm trying to solve, if i think about it long enough I can solve it. But some of this problem solving relies on taking risks....
  • Commented on Good=Cookie Bad=Timeout
    This is an interesting article. I too have found operant conditioning very interesting as well. The action reaction based conditioning system has always been an interesting topic. Like the commenter before said, it is very prevalent throughout life...
  • Posted Alzheimer's, A Growing Problem to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Alzheimer's is a growing problem, effecting millions of people and their families characterized by lack of memory and retention. Although much research has been conducted on the issue, little is known on what causes it. In fact, Alzheimer's can't be...
  • Commented on The Power of Persuasion
    True I didn't have any research to back up that statement, I assumed it to be general knowledge, people are typically suspicious of the higher powers such as big business and government, but again thats all based on my personal...
  • Posted The Power of Persuasion to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Persuasion is a very powerful tool. People who are good at persuading others have a nack for bing heard and making people see things through the perspectives they want. They listen to feedback from the subject and can adjust their...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from maje0096

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page