smol0077

• Commented on Want to be Successful?
    for some reason the link didn't show up....here it is: http://www.areadevelopment.com/taxesIncentives/4-28-2009/sustainability-incentives.shtml...
  • Posted Want to be Successful? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Never criticize. One of the major principles that I will take with me from this course and apply to my daily life is reward vs. punishment. Let's face it, nobody blames themselves for anything, ever. Criticizing never does any good,...
  • Commented on Sometimes, "few" is better than "many".
    To me, this is all very interesting. It does not surprise me thought that people are more likely to be helped with fewer people around. For example, If I see a lady fall down, and I am the only person...
  • Commented on "F~R~I~E~N~D~S"
    I agree that it is very important to keep healthy relationships with people. Social networking sites do help to do this, however, things like facebook have gotten out of control in my opinion. Real world communication can never be replaced....
  • Commented on I Just Can't Get Enough...sleep
    Very interesting blog. I agree with this, and I will always remember the importance of sleep. Sleep is very mysterious and important for our physical and mental health. It is our time to "recharge" and it is very refreshing. Because...
  • Commented on If You Want to Hang With Us, Smoke This.
    The source for the image is http://imgfave.com/view/1557164...
  • Posted If You Want to Hang With Us, Smoke This. to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    A reocurring theme in psychology is how much situation influences our behavior. Everyone is different and certain situational elements cause different results in each individual. One very popular situational dilemma that faces us all at one point or another...
  • Commented on Does your attractiveness affect your Career and Relationships
    Nice blog. Though I agree that this might be true, I don't view it as a serious problem in our society. It is a primitive instinct to associate with things that we are attracted to. If having an attractive negotiator...
  • Commented on Is Chocolate a Sign of True Love?
    Interesting Blog. However, what I think is that people have to do certain things to display their affection for their partner. Buying chocolates for them on valentines day with a basket of candy and flowers is in no way a...
  • Commented on Lie detectors don't work.....What will?
    I don't think that lie detectors are necessarily unreliable as much as they are invalid for many circumstances. Some people are trained to beat a polygraph test, but they work for the majority of people. They will still give insight...
  • Commented on Virtual Aggression
    I am not going to disagree that there is a correlation between violent video games and aggression. But let's not all jump to conclusions and ignore the causation vs correlation principle. Maybe aggressive people are just more susceptible to playing...
  • Commented on Tell Me When! [Leptin: Our body's hunger communicator]
    This is a very interesting blog. I think that people eat way too much at each sitting, and don't eat enough times during the day. I know a lot of people who skip breakfast, eat a snack for lunch, then...
  • Commented on Dying to be Beautiful
    Excellent post! As with almost all things, they are not what they seem. Many people dismiss anorexia as a person wanting to be extremely skinny, completely overlooking the mental state of mind that person is in that causes their behavior....
  • Commented on Is that $300 Burning A Hole In Your Pocket? Try Speed-Reading!
    Very informative. If something seems too good to be true, it probably is. On the plus side, you learned from your mistakes and will not fall victim to a scam of this sort ever again (hopefully). I can definitely relate...
  • Commented on Taylor Swift: A Genius
    This is a great article! I have always believed that everybody is the best at something. Some people just pursue what they are great at, while others try to play it safe by striving for what guarantees them a decent...
  • Posted Do You Remember Last Night? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    There are many popular films these days that deal with memory loss, but one that has struck me as particularly interesting is 2009's 'The Hangover.' For those who are unfamiliar with the film, it follows four friends who party...
  • Commented on Advertising between 1960-2012: How much have consumers changed?
    Great blog! This just shows how reflective advertisements are on society. Having female products marketed towards men because men were the primary purchasers is similar to how things are advertised today. Kid's cereal, for example, is usually marketed towards adults/parents...
  • Commented on The Importance of Getting Some Zzzzz's
    Great topic! Sleep is such a mysterious thing. Not enough people are aware of the impact that a good night's sleep has to their body and mind. Many people neglect getting the proper amount of sleep due to their busy...
  • Commented on Prohibition! on sugar?
    Very interesting blog post. That is unbelievable that many people consume for than their weight in sugar each year. I feel like a contributing factor to this is all of the junk food that you see on the shelves these...
  • Commented on Seeing Your True Colors
    Interesting post. I find it very strange that governments decided to use the color green as "go" and the color red as "stop." Considering that these two colors are the most likely to get mixed up because of color blindness,...
  • Commented on Overdosing on Water?
    LOL, McKenzie. I don't think this blog is entirely accurate. It is good to drink a lot of water, and not just the bare minimum you need to survive. Our bodies are roughly 70% water, so drinking plenty of water...
  • Commented on Vegetarianism...Vegetables...NASTY!
    Interesting post. I have several vegetarian friends that are way to judgmental on people who enjoy meat. Now I can tell them that their tofu is harming the environment as well! I believe that animals are meant to be eaten....
  • Commented on Overdosing on Water?
  • Posted Can You Control Your Dreams? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Chapter 5 discusses the phenomenon known as lucid dreaming: the ability to realize when one is dreaming. Most of us have had lucid dreams in the past, but did you know that lucid dreaming has actually been used as...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from smol0077

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page