pazur004

• Commented on 99% of the Stress, 1% of the Semester
    All I can say is that I absolutely love this blog. The memes you've got on here are awesome. In the 2 years that I have been a college student, I have found that college is basically just a big...
  • Commented on More Is Not Always Better
    I find the bystander effect fascinating and horrifying all at once. It's really interesting, though, to put yourself in those shoes. As awful as that sounds... I know that I've been in situations (of course, not quite to the level...
  • Commented on The "charmers" aren't always the good guys.
    Isn't it crazy how that happens? I have watched my sisters (and myself, of course) go through the same type of thing. No matter how awful the guy is, there is just something that keeps us tied in. And to...
  • Posted Preemie Me to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    I believe that the concept that will stick with me most was from the first of Professor Koenig's lectures. Toward the end she talked about premature babies and brain development, and that bit really grabbed my attention because I...
  • Commented on Stranger Anxiety
    Poor Zellmenator! I feel like this isn't really something that is that uncommon. Meeting new people is super uncomfortable for some people. I too am wondering if he was like this to you after he got used to you, or...
  • Commented on Love is Love
    I have to agree with the above statements. I totally agree with what you're saying, but I would have liked to hear some psych references. I looked it up and the American Psychological Association has loads of stuff to back...
  • Commented on Not to be sexist but...
    Nice picture. haha. I definitely think that there just naturally are differences in men and women. There's no way around the fact. It is even seen in nature with animals. While I don't think either gender is limited, by any...
  • Commented on Listen to Music; Create a Genius
    OH, the world of pseudo-psych! I find it really intriguing how companies jump on these sorts of bandwagons to make money. And the fact that we as consumers eat it up like no one's business. In the end, I feel...
  • Commented on Saying 'yes' to more than JUST a dress...
    I definitely think that is a valid statement. I was really surprised by the video at first, but then I realized that it's really not that surprising. People marry for money all the time, and it quite possibly could be...
  • Commented on "What is Beautiful is Good"
    That...is...amazing....
  • Commented on Infant reflexes: impressive or not?
    I have been around babies for just about my entire life, and I am astonished that I had no idea about this "rooting reflex!" As weird as this sounds, I'm actually really excited to be around a younger baby again...
  • Posted "What is Beautiful is Good" to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    While eating at a relatively popular restaurant recently (I won't say their name, but I will say that they are known for their chicken wings ;-] ), I made an interesting observation. There wasn't a single worker there who was...
  • Commented on Our memories...
    The idea of false memories pretty much makes me question my entire childhood. :/ I do know that there are a lot of things that my family will recall to me frequently & just because of that it feels like...
  • Commented on Our memories...
  • Commented on "Elvis" in animals------Whale!
    I definitely think that whale songs are at the very least a form of communication that is very effective. I do think it would be interesting to look further into it, however, to see what exactly makes them up and...
  • Commented on Diminishing Memories
    Great job drawing from the text! I have always found the existence of Alzheimer's both fascinating and terrifying all at once. My grandma also has Alzheimer's, and it is very hard to watch. I cannot believe that the mind can...
  • Commented on Be aware of your surroundings
    I am a little confused about this blog. I think I would have liked for you to have elaborated more on your "lucid dreams," rather than connecting it all back to animals. The idea that you are a person who...
  • Commented on Want to Help End the Recession?
    In all honesty, I found this ad to be sort of slow. However I do see the relation between the encoded message of Chrysler=America=Rising above. I just love how they show an American flag sort of randomly flying in the...
  • Commented on Blind, Yet Able to See?
    It is really amazing that the brain can work like that. I find the idea of "alternative pathways" a bit confusing though. A question that I have is whether this occurs for all blind people, or just a select few?...
  • Commented on Instinctive Drift!
    This makes idea makes a lot of sense, and with the questions you posed really brings forth the question of whether or not monogamy is part of our nature. I'm wondering if this relates to why dogs bury things? Maybe...
  • Commented on Teaching your gold fish to roll over
    I found this entry really interesting! It's a really interesting topic. It makes me wonder if there are any other different types of beings we could train... I tried looking up videos on youtube and didn't find anything that crazy....
  • Posted Advertising: The Hidden Psychological Manipulator to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Advertisements are one sneaky way that psychology slips into our everyday lives (even though most of us don't realize it!). Somehow bigwig business men have grasped the whole idea of classical conditioning and used it to their advantage. As every...
  • Commented on M.C Escher-Illusionary Genius!
    I too find the work of M.C. Escher to be pretty cool. Here's one of my favorites: http://www.mcescher.com/Gallery/back-bmp/LW389.jpg I wonder if he was familiar with the psychological basis behind what he was creating....
  • Commented on The Power of Suggestion
    I would have to highly agree that hypnosis is deeply rooted in the power of suggestion. Personally, I feel that I would not be hypnotized if someone tried...and from what I've heard, if you do not believe, it won't happen....
  • Commented on Unregulated and Uncontrolled: Our Addiction to Sugar
    I really enjoyed the video on here! I'm curious after learning about the rat and sugar water experiment. My first thought was that they probably enjoyed the water because it was sweet and different (where does sheer taste come into...
  • Commented on Stem Cell Research Debates--when does life begin?
    I recall a time in my Catholic school days when I had to write a paper about when life begins, and I have to giggle a bit at what they had me writing. Of course I wrote this lengthy narrative...
  • Posted Monkey See, Monkey Do: Learning in Psychology to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    How do people come to do the things that they do? Where do phobias, fetishes, and tastes come from? In chapter six, it is pointed out that a lot of it has to do with learning. This may seem like...
  • Posted Awards Nominations to Women's Road Films (GWSS Feminist Film Studies)
    Best Actor (select 2 and rank order): (1) Gary Farmer (2) Greg Kinnear Actress (select 2 and rank order): (1) Geena Davis (2) Queen Latifah Best Supporting Actor/Actress (select2 and rank order ): (1) Jack Nicholson (2) Steve Carell Best...
  • Posted Trans-Cinema and Disassociation to Women's Road Films (GWSS Feminist Film Studies)
    Group Three: Disassociation... What does this statement mean to you? Paraphrase this idea in your own words? How is this exemplified in the trans-cinema road films we have screened in class? Give one example from "Priscilla" or "To Wong Foo"...
  • Posted Campy Flip-Flops to Women's Road Films (GWSS Feminist Film Studies)
    What is the point of making drag and transgender so spectacular and campy in "The Adventures of Priscilla: Queen of the Desert"? How are the road scene of landscape and encounters with Outback gender normates used as a backdrop for...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from pazur004