lint0059

• Posted Psychological Fact vs. Fiction to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    With so many ads and claims out these days for the new "cutting edge" diet or the "miracle" cure to some disease, how can the average Joe decide what to and what not to believe? From taking psy 1001, I...
  • Commented on Useful Future Parent Tips that will Impact your entire Child's Life
    The parenting styles topic in psychology is a great take home message for college age students who may be starting families shortly after our days in college. I can apply this to how my parents raised me and how I...
  • Commented on "When will I ever need this?"
    I agree with the comments about CHD and prevalence of other diseases in our country such as many forms of cancers and diseases. I am a nutrition major and know that many dietary and physical activities can help prevent and...
  • Commented on What would you do?
    It is really sad how prevalent the bystander effect is in our society. I admit I have fallen prey to it if I was in a hurry or there were a lot of people around to help I feel less...
  • Commented on Stranger Anxiety
    How did your roommate act when it was just you two in the room alone? Was he still shy and un-talkative with you as well? My freshman roommate from last year was somewhat similar to yours, he was quiet and...
  • Commented on Why I can't remember what I learned last semester!!???
    Trying to recall information from past classes when we want to, but just can't remember is very frustrating. Many students have the habits of studying just a day or two before tests, and therefor may not be placing these facts...
  • Commented on The Bystander Effect: Why Do We Stand By?
    I have seen numerous examples of the bystander effect throughout my life and here on campus. A few weeks ago I have seen people fall on their bikes or drop their books or something of that sort in the mall...
  • Commented on Every-Body is Beautiful
    I enjoyed the article very much! This just goes to show how variable people are across the world and how we perceive life and beauty. The U.S. is no different from the other cultures, our traditional values and society today...
  • Commented on Not to be sexist but...
    Psychologists should study homes where the father is a stay-at-home dad. I know there are not as many of them as opposed to stay-at-home moms, but there is a good deal of them out there. To the comment by whit1618,...
  • Commented on Listen to Music; Create a Genius
    I find it amazing how quickly marketing companies and producers can jump on some scientific claims that have yet to be evaluated or given good evidence and run with it. This is a prim example of companies jumping the gun...
  • Commented on Expectations
    Finding the right mate and being happy with them combines many aspects and attributes, looks and financial security being pretty close to the top. Money definitely plays a factor in some woman's choices of a mate, which for instance can...
  • Commented on Beauty in the Eye of...the Mirror?
    The differences in perceived beauty beauty across cultures is an amazing variable. Seeing how some cultures view shaved heads and missing lower teeth all the way to the "hour glass" shape is in my opinion a trait of the culture...
  • Commented on Do You Have What It Takes to Be Dr. Cal Lightman?
    Lie to Me is an amazing show and I was hooked after the first episode and have seen every one since. His abilities are almost unreal, to be able to detect virtually any and all aspects of physical expression as...
  • Commented on Oh my gosh! Why I cannot make it out!
    I fall prey to using mental sets quite often and it is very frustrating. It is difficult to think outside of the box and see problems in a different manner and work out alternate approaches. I think a lot of...
  • Commented on My Little Cousin Colin
    I believe that Piaget's studies and research on child development and the stages they may go through is more of a broad estimation of how the child may develop. It gives a few general stages that children may cross through...
  • Commented on Fact or Fiction? The Midlife Crisis
    I agree with the comment saying that a "midlife crisis" is hype and exaggerated quite a bit. If any event occurs when somebody is in that mid life range that is bad, it is easy to just consider a "midlife...
  • Commented on How does Divorce Affect Children?
    I too wrote my blog on some effects of divorce on children and am a child of two divorces. Since divorce hasn't become common till just recently as you stated, many long term affects of the splits have not been...
  • Posted Just how much do divorces impact our children? to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    About half of the children living in the United States will see their parents go through divorce. I am part of that population growing up with a split household, my father and mother split when I was born and then...
  • Commented on The Addiction Solution
    Drug addiction is a major disease that our society is dealing with today with the relatively easy access to drugs like alcohol, tobacco, and other substances. It is definitely true that people can overcome these diseases, but it is definitely...
  • Commented on Alzheimer's Disease: Mystery Still Remains
    Alzheimers is a terribly disease for some one diagnosed and for a family that has to live with it. Do you know what the main cause is for Alzheimers? I see you listed a few factors that might contribute to...
  • Commented on Drinking and driving; how bad is it really?
    This was a great blog topic that brings about a great debate. In my personal life my mother has gotten a DUI and my car was forced to have whiskey plates on it unfortunately. Even after her DUI, she still...
  • Commented on It Does What, Again?
    That must be a struggle and I don't even know what your going through. I have a grandmother who is 85 now and in the past few years she has been slowly been loosing her memory and mind. She will...
  • Posted Just How Closely Related Are We?? to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Nearly everyone has heard of the Nature-Nurture debate! Whether genetics or environment plays more of a role in the developing child? Most people now agree that it is a combination of the two. I was interested in how much DNA...
  • Posted Pseudoscience...Science in Disguise to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Is Psychology a "hard" science? Many people debate that Psychology is not a "hard" science, such as Chemistry, Physics, or Biology. For my first blog entry I was assigned to take a closer look at chapter one, Psychology and Scientific...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from lint0059