bodd0021

• Commented on The Art of Not Being A Choke Artist
    I really enjoyed learning about this as well. I played a lot of sports throughout high school and especially with baseball (pitching) you need to learn to take a step back, take a deep breath and settle down because I've...
  • Commented on Tetris; It's More Than Just A Game
    This is very interesting. I never would have imagined that playing tetris would prevent more frequent PTSD symptoms. Maybe something to mention is that it acts as a make shift beta blocker. A drug often given to subjects after a...
  • Commented on Scientific Thinking Principles
    Unfortunately i also agree! The only reason i say unfortunately is because it used to be so easy to take information as true and unbiased. Ignorance is definitely bliss because now i find i am constantly bringing up the correlation...
  • Commented on A Beautiful Mind
    This is a very interesting disorder because in many cases people cant differentiate their hallucinations and reality. I like how you tied the book to a movie, another good movie that sheds light on psychological disorders is "One Flew Over...
  • Commented on Remember: Attractiveness
    I think that the points you made are reasonable, but in my opinion these traits that men and women are drawn too are more on the subconscious level. I think i can speak on the behalf of most college men...
  • Commented on What I Will Remember 5 Years From Now
    First of all I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!! Okay with that out of the way i agree that learning about personality is a very important aspect to grasp. Especially being at the U of M diversity promotes a massive variety in...
  • Commented on The Psychology of Sex
    There are plenty of stereotypes for both men and women, but how many of those are accurate and how they are related to each other can vary drastically. Gender differences is a very relevant topic in today's society, and especially...
  • Commented on Don't Believe Everything You Hear
    throw*...
    I did my blog on this topic as well! My parents and friends tend to through around statistics and then imply things based on those facts. Well the facts are true but what you're implying isn't necessarily true! Great topic,...
  • Commented on 99% of the Stress, 1% of the Semester
    This is a very relatable topic and couldn't be more directed toward college students. You can practically cut the stress with a knife in the libraries during finals week. I can personally vouch for the fitness aspect as a stress...
  • Commented on More Is Not Always Better
    There is another account of the bystander effect where there was a women that was being followed and then, unfortunately, was beaten and raped across the street from here apartment complex. There were roughly 24 witnesses to this event, yet...
  • Commented on Before you say "I DO"
    I agree with this as well, although I personally might not remember it in five years, i think you can take a lot from this topic. One thing that i disagreed with in the text though was actually the qualities...
  • Commented on Classical Conditioning
    This is so relatable for me! I've been classically conditioning my dog for years and I've never known that there was a term for it, let alone a vital milestone in psychology. A couple winters back when my dog was...
  • Commented on I'd Rather Stand Alone
    I am very familiar with social loafing, unfortunately there tends to be one in every group to some extent and you can definitely see it as you increase the group size. I don't necessarily agree that groups produce fewer ideas...
  • Posted Five Year Impressions to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    If there is one thing that I will take away from this course, and retain over the next five years, i would remember that correlation doesn't mean causation. There have already been many circumstances that I've personally brought this up...
  • Posted What's Your Intelligence Type? to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Although there are multiple ways to measure intelligence, what type of intelligence is being tested? If you were like me I thought there was just one "intelligence". Well let me shed some light on the subject and maybe you'll...
  • Commented on Behaviorism: "Animal Man" Makes Baby Cry
    I agree that many of our actions could be do to a previously conditioned stimulus because some form of stimuli precedes every action we make. Although this is a pretty solid argument, if we observe a behavior and learn from...
  • Commented on The Addiction Solution
    I can see your point, but because addiction is a mental state, do you think that it would be possible to use various applications of conditioning to cure them? If they have a drug addiction isn't there also a risk...
  • Commented on And You Think Your Dog Is Smart...
    This is really cool! I have a dog my self so i can relate to teaching it various things. Some of the thing i taught my dog to do include, taping her metal water dish when it's empty, ringing a...
  • Commented on Our memories...
    I liked how you brought up the Paul Ingram case and tied it into other examples of false memory. Another case involved convincing people that when they visited Disney World, they met Bugs Bunny (a Warner Brothers character) and even...
  • Commented on Stem Cell Research Debates--when does life begin?
    I believe that no stage of a human life should be "harvested" for the stem cells, BUT we should still use stem cell research. What many people don't realize is that there are stem cells within the umbilical chord. These...
  • Commented on How Much Exercise is Too Much Exercise?
    I agree with you in the sense that too much exercising can be detrimental to your health, but especially in our society getting exercise should be encouraged and not viewed as a potential cause of suicide. Once your body starts...
  • Commented on Is Crime Really in the Genes?
    I believe that it could be a mix of both circumstances. Is there a gene that makes you more susceptible to addiction? Maybe there is but on the other hand if you are raised in an environment where stealing and...
  • Posted Human Body: Pushing The Limits to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    You're walking alone late at night and you feel like someone is watching you. You are approaching a long stretch of road with no visible light and as soon as you step into the shadows SMACK! the sound of...
  • Posted Psychology and You: A Framework to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    When reading chapter one we are introduced to psychology as how most of us utilized it before; with common sense. As we continue though we find out that our common sense can blind us from a deeper understanding psychology and...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from bodd0021