edwar589

• Commented on The Art of Not Being A Choke Artist
    The Yerkes-Dodson Law was such an eye opener for me too. This seriously explains my high schools hockey team. They are seriously so good in the season when they are cool and confident then the second the big games would...
  • Commented on Treating Autism
    I do find this interesting and that they have been able to make breakthroughs through such an easy concept. It is something that I feel like I have been learning all my life. I hope that someday they enhance this...
  • Commented on Scientific Thinking Principles
    I completely agree with you! These principles are something I seriously think about on a constant basis. I have caught myself making comments about correlation vs. causation. I notice it more and more each day. In addition, I have been...
  • Posted Love: It's not just for young whippersnappers to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Let's be honest here for a minute, when does one ever see an elderly couple be sexually active. Now, I am not saying that I want to see this, but because it is not portrayed as a commonality everyone...
  • Commented on What Does Standing Around Do?
    This article is too much alike from other stories. It absolutely sickens me how no one would do a thing. I have taken Step-Up classes to be that person to take action. I understand that one can think that by...
  • Commented on Listen to Music; Create a Genius
    This bandwagon effect amazes me. This only expands the proof that consumers need to be more aware of the truth in business. There are so many scams out there that have the outer appearance of being valid, but, instead, just...
  • Posted Can a Pai ban be reached in different cultures? to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    In a time where the Chinese economy is booming and there are more and more multinational businesses with both Western and Chinese management, there needs to be an understanding of decision making processes of both cultures. In the Western culture,...
  • Commented on An Advertisement Likely to Work
    I think these advertisments are more focused for the people who are not currently addicted. Going off your last line "Is [the advertisment] powerful enough to overpower a nicotine addiction?" is a good question to ask, but my answer is...
  • Commented on Drinking and driving; how bad is it really?
    I think this is a message that students are constantly hearing but not always taking to full heart when time comes. I just went to a speaker on Brief Motivational Interviweing with a focus on how to handle reducing alcohol...
  • Commented on How Much Exercise is Too Much Exercise?
    I am a little taken back by this blog. You never once hear this side of the arguement about excercising. This is a problem that is overlooked and may cause availability heuristics when asked about this issue. I have ran...
  • Commented on The Secret You: What Drives Our Consciousness?
    This thought process brings back the topic of free will vs. determinism. Are we programed a certain way that makes us who we are, or is it something that changes constantly that we have control over. "Who are we?" is...
  • Commented on Blind, Yet Able to See?
    I find this blog ineresting. In my personal life, I know when I close my eyes or are not paying attention to something I can "feel" or "sense" when something is coming at me. This article helps explain it in...
  • Commented on And You Think Your Dog Is Smart...
    This is a very popular blob. You brought up a topic that many can relate to. I always thought that dolphins were the most intelligent animals right below humans and right now I stay true to that belief. If you...
  • Commented on Want to Help End the Recession?
    I actually studied these two commercials in my journalism class. Just like you stated in your post,the class decided that the Eminem verson was more effective than the Clint Eastwood verson because of the "corniness." I think you nailed the...
  • Commented on Diminishing Memories
    Alzheimer's is sometimes portrayed poorly in the media and I think that is where people get the idea of the person losing the memory instantly. It amazes me that the brain can be changing all the time. First, the difference...
  • Commented on "Elvis" in animals------Whale!
    This is a great comparison of music to "whale song." It is fascinating to learn that "whales song" have uses other than mating. It makes me think about how our music is used in different ways. We use it to...
  • Commented on The Power of Suggestion
    I have heard people getting hypnotized to lose wait or quit smoking and it being successful, but personally I think it is a placebo effect. They have the mind set that it is going to be easier to quit smoking...
  • Commented on Disney's Incorrect Slogan
    You made an amazing contrast between conscious dreams and sleeping dreams. We intertwine the two every day, but you are right they are two completely different things. Most of my dreams, I agree, I would never want to happen. I...
  • Commented on Awake in your sleep?
    Unlike the above comment, I have never experienced this. More often than not when I have a dream, I think it really happened when I wake up. There are times that I have to double check with someone to verify...
  • Commented on The Dark Side of Ethics
    I completely agree with your observation that ethics may hinder scientific results. It is easy to say when you are not in the situation that you would pick the ethical decision over the scientrific result, but when the time came...
  • Commented on Is Crime Really in the Genes?
    Even if there is a gene that controls anger, agression, and addiction it is the envrionment that stimulates it. You can have the gene of addicion and not put yourself in an environment with alcohol or any other sorts of...
  • Commented on Homosexuality and the Nature/Nurture Debate
    You ask the question would homosexuals want to take the medication. My answer is no they would not. There is no reason why they shouldn't feel this way. Where in the world does it say what gener we are "supposed"...
  • Posted Harry Potter vs Free Will to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    We make choices every day, from simple to important decisions in our lives. The way we come to those decisions brings the controversy of The Great Debate: Free Will vs. Determinism. Free Will is the belief that as humans,...
  • Posted Toolbox of Skills...essential to save you from yourself to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    In chapter 2 you are introduced to the human brains faults. Because we are cognitive misers we are mentally lazy and try to conserve our mental energy by using heuristics. Heuristics are mental shortcuts that helps us to streamline...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from edwar589