giord023

• Commented on What's Stuck onto me?
    This reminds of of Family Guy. Stewie is a small male child that continuously tries to get rid of his mother. What would Freud have to say about a situation like this? I am aware it is just a cartoon...
  • Commented on Tetris; It's More Than Just A Game
    Is there anything else scientists have found to help reduce the effects of disorders such as PTSD? A soldier in combat after losing the life of a fellow comrade can't just whip out a computer and play tetris to help...
  • Commented on The Psychology of Sex
    I have often thought about the differences between men in women and which myths are true. We learned in lecture that men are scientifically proven to be better at spatial capacity and in professions such as architecture. Today i was...
  • Commented on 99% of the Stress, 1% of the Semester
    I thought the chapter on coping with stress was very ironic. I started reading it this week (week before finals official start) and instead of learning how to better cope with stressers, i just became more stressed because i had...
  • Commented on Before you say "I DO"
    Is there one trait that is more important that the other? Say a couple is married for 40 years, is the passion still all there? What if there just needed to be a certain level the three categories needed to...
  • Commented on One Psych Thing That I Will Remember 5 Years From Now...
    The results of this experiment seem really strange to me. Authority figures should have some sort of control over their subordinates, but to an extent like this? In the military I can see how people would obey as readily as...
  • Commented on Schadenfreude
    ahhh German. There is another German word that I will always remember, albeit it won't be Schadenfreude! It actually is Gestalt. Not in the sense of psychology, but in the artistic sense. I was helping an artist create a large...
  • Posted my own experiences to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Of all the topics cover in this course so far, I think the topic most likely to stick with me is the development of language. Originally, I just figured small children learn language because they imitate their parents or society....
  • Commented on And You Think Your Dog Is Smart...
    This definitely surprised me! My dog barely knows how to come to me when I call him without food in my hand. However, after hearing about how the shaping technique could be used to teach a pigeon how to go...
  • Commented on Dreams
    In my experience with dreams, I have realized that I tend to dream about the people and places I had recently seen or thought about. I think the mind just conjures up some plot to connect the people and places...
  • Commented on Slowly Losing Your Life
    Is Alzheimer's disease passed down through genetics or the result of different environmental factors? I am also curious to know if the senile plaques and neurofibrillary tangles are present throughout the life of a person or if there is some...
  • Posted Size Constancy to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    The picture on the left just visually makes sense to us. The human visual system allows us to compensate for distances of objects. Although the size of an object may be extremely small compared with when the object is...
  • Posted Two (half) brains are better than one to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    The first half of chapter three begins talking about the nerve cells. The biology and chemistry of how nerves communicate with each other as well as how the brain has plastic properties, meaning it can change. The chapter continues on...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from giord023