thaox609

• Commented on 5 Years From Now...
    Our understanding is very limited, so its only natural that we wouldn't have explanations for everything Wagen. Besides, where would the fun be in knowing everything?...
  • Commented on The Lemonade Diet: Aiding Anorexia?
    I remember this. My friend tried it in high school and he recommended it to me. It never really worked for him and he didn't really lose all the weight. Like my dad's always said, the only way to losing...
  • Posted Romance is Forever! to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    I tend to remember a lot of important or interesting things, often for many years. Although in this case I will probably think most about the aspects of romance, evaluated psychologically of course. They say that everyone is either just...
  • Posted Short Story: A Character Analysis to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Here is a short paragraph depicting several characters interacting in a scene. It is an example of how one can infer the personality of a person by using the Big Five to interpret their actions. Notably, authors may use contrasting...
  • Commented on Stranger Anxiety
    The stranger anxiety into later years in life depends on their experiences when they were younger. If they have been hurt, abused, or betrayed by many people throughout their lives, they may develop a sort of PTSD and a natural...
  • Commented on Relationship Formation in Forgetting Sarah Marshall
    You and bouch113 make a great point, and I would agree that there is a sort of true, "hard" science behind the romance between couples. But we should remember there are things that our science can not yet truly explain,...
  • Commented on Every-Body is Beautiful
    Quite interesting. I remember watching the Burmese on Ripley's Believe It or Not. Although I have to disagree slightly with the fact that today's ideas of beauty are entirely aesthetic. If you think of the possibilities, the desire for slimness...
  • Commented on Infants Language Abilities Soar High Above Adults
    Its hard to expose your child to many different languages in today's world simply because people usually live in a uniform community, whether that be all one language or all one culture. However, the good side is that many people...
  • Commented on Are you an outlier?
    I would agree that while talent is definitely a factor to success, hard work and dedication will ultimately beat out talent or make up for lack of talent. This maybe why we hear stories of impoverished individuals such as Justin...
  • Posted Psychology is actually a science? to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Reading through and reviewing the first chapter of the textbook in preparation for the chapter quiz, I remembered how interesting it was to discover that psychology was actually a science. I had never really thought to stop and think how...
  • Commented on The Eye for the Tiger
    Its important to also note that since cultures affect how we behave and act towards others, an Asian person could who was raised in a European society from birth by European parents would theoretically adopt the behaviors of that society....
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from thaox609