thaox560

• Commented on The Bystander Effect: Why Do We Stand By?
    The bystander effect is something that we all cannot avoid. Whether we like it or not we would still do it when the time comes. I probably would've done the same thing as you had if I saw a boy...
  • Commented on Why I can't remember what I learned last semester!!???
    It would be amazing if I could recall anything that I studied for the exams. But on the other hand, how you pointed out the differences between short term memory and long term memory is good. I also liked how...
  • Posted What's Stuck onto me? to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    The thing that's stuck on me is Freud's Psycho-sexual Development. The different stages is funny, to me, and yet intriguing. Each stage made me think of what my nephews and nieces would go through and what they have gone through....
  • Commented on Listen to Music; Create a Genius
    This made me flash back to an episode of Malcolm in the Middle where Hal was using Mozart to teach Reese but instead he taught Malcolm who was still in Lois. But anyway, the people who take advantage of this...
  • Commented on Are Identical Twins Identical?
    The thought of Identical twins made me think of all the things that they say about them like having their own language, being able to tell what each other is thinking, and also being the exactly the same (personality wise)....
  • Commented on "What is Beautiful is Good"
    This is exactly what I said to myself when I saw this at a restaurant too. Their is probably a stereotype that goes around that people want to be served by a good looking person. That kind of stereotyping could...
  • Commented on Every-Body is Beautiful
    This is very true. People have different ways that they view beauty. Many different people look for different things in a person. That thing that they're looking for could be their personality, their eyes, and/or their body. Also, theirs a...
  • Commented on Guilty? The Truth Behind the Polygraph Test
    That's really interesting. I always wondered the same thing too! After reading about that, it does seem very unfair. Measuring the physiological signals would not be a fair way to test someone. These test are never accurate because some people...
  • Commented on Fact or Fiction? The Midlife Crisis
    In my opinion, a "mid life crisis" does not necessarily have to occur in that age range of 40 to 50 years of age. I think that many people, at some point in their life end up waking up one...
  • Commented on Equal or not?
    This is making me want to test my little nephews and nieces. The Piaget task is an interesting one. Using the sizes of the two different cups to test the minds of the kids. The kids being able to explain...
  • Commented on Infant reflexes: impressive or not?
    Learning about this in Biology and Psychology. This is amazing how humans and other animals are born with the reflexes and instincts of what to do right after being born. My Biology class talked about Cuckoo birds pushing the others...
  • Posted Love is Love to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Being gay or being a lesbian is viewed to be wrong in some places in the States. The biggest issue that is happening right now in the U.S is gay marriage. The debate is if they should allow people of...
  • Commented on Dreams
    Every time I wake up, I would always try to figure out what the heck that dream I just had meant. But anyway, I agree with Freud's theory about dreams having meaning. Dreams in my opinion could be what is...
  • Commented on Advertising-Tugging On Our Heartstrings
    Advertisements is used in different ways to get to us. Companies would try to use advertisements to relate to us or a way to make the competitor look bad to make them look better. The starvation ad is a good...
  • Commented on Cigarettes Are Guns?
    The title caught my eyes and the information made me stay to finish the blog. The idea of using the gun as an uncontrolled stimulus for cigarettes is pretty good. The ad could stop young teens and even help smokers...
  • Commented on Coca-Cola's "Happiness Machine"
    Coca-cola utilizing the strategy of making people happy is a good idea. Like the video for example. Watching it made me happy even though I wasn't even part of it. Now imagine if you were actually part of it. How...
  • Commented on Facial expressions: the cause and effect of emotions
    There are some parts that I agree with while some parts that I don't agree with. One that I agree with is that being able to express your feelings is a great deal. It would help you feel the emotion...
  • Commented on Another fight between nature and nurture----obesity
    I agree with what you said about how the environment can control the genetics. Being born fat won't mean that your gonna be fat for the rest of your life. Being fat is a choice that can be decided depending...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from thaox560