turg0063

• Commented on Do You Have What It Takes to Be Dr. Cal Lightman?
    I feel that people do have, to some extent, an ability to detect when someone is telling the truth or lying. It is most likely harder to figure out if a stranger is lying compared to someone you know. The...
  • Commented on Beauty in the Eye of...the Mirror?
    There is definitely not one way to define beauty. When you ask someone what beauty is they are bound to give different answers depending on their own personal backgrounds....
  • Commented on Professional Sports and The Pressure of Social Facilitation
    I completely agree that the media can cause a player to either play worse or better. But I feel that many professional football, or other professional athletes have experienced some sort of pressure when playing their sports throughout their career....
  • Commented on Conforming to Society
    Conformity is an extremely interesting topic in psychology. People naturally feel the need to fit in. Nobody wants to be the odd man out. As nunem004 explained though conformity is not always a bad thing, you just need to know...
  • Commented on Conforming to Society
  • Commented on The Bystander Effect: Why Do We Stand By?
    I can't believe that people would just stand by and watch someone die. I feel like a lot of these examples are pretty extreme cases of the bystander effect. I just don't believe that nobody would step in and help...
  • Commented on Where do YOUR parents fit?
    I agree that an authoritative parenting style would be the best. One thing that I wonder though is that just because I was born and raised in the United States is the reason that I think an authoritative parenting style...
  • Commented on Treating Autism
    I think it is unbelievable that we can use something as simple as operant conditioning to treat such a complicated disorder. This makes me wonder what other mental disorders can be treated using operant conditioning, or even classical conditioning for...
  • Commented on Scientific Thinking Principles
    These principles have become glued into my head as well. I do not think that I will be forgetting them for a long time to come. I constantly am catching myself questioning research and correlation studies using these principles....
  • Commented on KISS
    Great post. What I have realized is that a lot of people over analyze a situation when there is always a simpler explanation for things. I feel like a lot of people come up with these complicated explanations for things...
  • Posted More Is Not Always Better to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    On January 21, 2006 Ilan Halimi was kidnapped in Paris by at least 20 Moroccan's and tortured for 24 days. Many people in the apartment complex that he had been taken to had heard the commotion and many came to...
  • Posted Don't Believe Everything You Hear to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    You continually see advertisements, and things in the news or media that use anecdotal evidence or use correlation statistics to try and make a point. One thing that psychology has taught me is to be skeptical about these things but...
  • Posted Diminishing Memories to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Alzheimer's disease accounts for 50 to 60 percent of people with dementia and is the leading cause of senility (Psychology from inquiry to Understanding; p. 268). This is a disease that affects primarily older people, over the age of 65....
  • Commented on Disney's Incorrect Slogan
    I think dreaming is such a crazy concept. The thought that we are almost imagining an entire world is unbelievable. There is much truth to the statement that most of dreams, dreamt are misfortunate. I do feel though that there...
  • Commented on Dreams
    I feel like there could possibly be some meaning behind many dreams as Freud theorized, even though there may be strong evidence against it. I find it pretty hard to believe that dreams predict the future but they may let...
  • Commented on What do Detroit and Chrysler have in Common? Eminem.
    I feel what this ad is trying to do is show people that even though Chrysler, and Detroit hit a bump in the road, like Eminem, they will rise above it and make become successful with an affordable luxury car....
  • Commented on And You Think Your Dog Is Smart...
    This is really cool. I have had the chance to witness the intelligence of dogs, but i never knew that they could be taught to do so many different things. Like many of the other comments have said we really...
  • Commented on Want to Help End the Recession?
    This is a very good post. This is no doubt an ad that is aimed towards patriotism and I believed you explained that very well in your post....
  • Commented on Unregulated and Uncontrolled: Our Addiction to Sugar
    This is a very interesting post because so many people eat foods with an excess amount of sugar in them. One thing that I am wondering that you did not mention in the post was whether or not your body...
  • Posted Chapter 7: Memory to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    The human memory is a very complex system. Why is it that people can remember some things for years while other things we forget almost immediately? Or why is it that sometimes we say that we remember things that we...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from turg0063