beckm207

• Commented on The "charmers" aren't always the good guys.
    is there a high correlation? Because not all charmers are psychopaths. People who are creative and understand the concept of conversation aren't automatically psychopaths. It is an interesting topic, however. It makes me want to come across different if that...
  • Commented on Starting to Get Sleepy
    Understanding the importance of sleep definitely is a lot more important now that we have the freedom to sleep on our own schedules. Before this class I didn't understand the reason why i would be sleepy one night and why...
  • Commented on "What is Beautiful is Good"
    More attractive people are more approachable and jobs that have interaction between customers need people to seem approachable. The more approachable you are, the more likely you are to listen to them and in turn probably buy what they are...
  • Commented on Are Identical Twins Identical?
    I'm a twin (fraternal) as well and I even see major similarities between me and Brady. Our taste for food is almost identical and we have the same qualities we like our significant girls to have. We are very different...
  • Commented on Schadenfreude
    I like the fact you dedicated the blog to him, that's very cool how that word reminds you of him. But I can say that I have some Big Bad in me. As humans, we compare ourselves to the people...
  • Commented on Listen to Music; Create a Genius
    I've always been curious about the actual effects of listening to classical music while studying, and the findings are very interesting compared to what I first thought. The CDs of Mozart could also act like the placebo effect. People are...
  • Commented on What would you do?
    I had this happen to me one day going to a twins game. We were in Minneapolis sitting at a stop light when we see a person walking towards another person with a baseball bat. I asked my mom what...
  • Commented on Slowly Losing Your Life
    Alzheimer disease runs in my friends family so I've seen the effects it has on a person, and it's tragic. Having someone you love not even able to recall your name would be an awfully sad thing. I know people...
  • Commented on Instinctive Drift!
    I like the question you pose at the end of your blog. Humans have the survival of the fittest mentality in our DNA, so maybe people who are in gangs just don't have the ability to block the aggressive nature...
  • Commented on Forecasting Happiness
    This is a very interesting concept. I find it hard to believe we can't predict our own happiness. I can usually forecast my week ahead of me and tell myself "okay, on Monday I'm going to be stressed so I...
  • Commented on Whoops! Freshman year...
    Looking back at my freshman year, I for sure felt the causes of deindividuation. When meeting people the first weeks, I was forced to conform to different things and tried to make a good reputation for myself from the get...
  • Commented on What do Detroit and Chrysler have in Common? Eminem.
    Eminem was the right person to promote this commercial. He has gone through changes to seem more sophisticated in recent years and that's what Chrysler was trying to say about their own company. Also Detroit is trying to rebuild it's...
  • Commented on I Hope I Don't Get Sick Before the Final!
    This is a statement that has been on my mind all week. The stress definitely gets to you this time of year. I think there are other causes of getting sick that goes along with being stressed and cramming for...
  • Commented on Animal Language
    Animals definitely have language of their own. The way my dogs go about together they definitely communicate. when they are outside doing their thing, they go together in unison. I think that there is an overlap between animal language and...
  • Commented on Multilingualism
    Multilingualism would be a great attribute to have. People who are lucky enough to be blessed with the capability of speaking multiple languages probably live a life far superior to mine. The thing that is disappointing is that you don't...
  • Commented on Two (half) brains are better than one
    I think it is amazing how plasticity has such an effect on people who lose a chuck of their brain. The fact that the brain can adapt so effortlessly is incredible. The science and technology we have now a days...
  • Commented on Our memories...
    Learning about false memories makes me wonder about things that have happened to me and if what i remember is actually what happened. For years I thought with confidence that i was at my house on 9/11, but my mom...
  • Commented on Classical Conditioning
    Classical conditioning is definitely a interesting topic! It makes me think differently about things i react to in real life, like my hatred of oranges. Learning makes me approach my friends differently if I want to subliminally change an unwanted...
  • Posted 5 Years From Now... to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    With the clutter of terms that psychology threw my way this semester, there is only a few things I will remember with decent accuracy. When I think about the year in review, learning about biological psychology will be the thing...
  • Posted My Little Cousin Colin to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    I've had the pleasure to witness my little cousin, Colin Beckman grow from the first day being born. Sadly I am not able to see the little guy as frequently because I am attending college, but I was in attendance...
  • Posted Dreams to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    This weekend I was made aware by one of my friends that they had a meaningful dream that consisted of me being the main character in the plot. Which made me wonder to what extent did the dream have to...
  • Commented on Stem Cell Research Debates--when does life begin?
    In my opinion, human life shouldn't be labeled as one until it obtains a heart beat. Once the heart starts beating, the fetus has human life. But that's only an opinionated statement. There are a lot of factors that go...
  • Commented on Homosexuality and the Nature/Nurture Debate
    This is a very interesting article you found, one that could forecast a moral concern in the future. Concerning the question of if scientists will try to distinguish homosexuality would be against the moral ethics that psychologists have to keep...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from beckm207