chen2508

• Posted Knowing What the Real Insomnia is to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    After learning 669 pages psychology this semester, I realize that I become increasingly interested in psychology things and change a lot of concepts which were wrong before I attended this class. Although I have learned a lot, the explanation...
  • Commented on Why I can't remember what I learned last semester!!???
    I often meet with the situation that the knowledge I learned before run away from my brain few weeks or several months later. It really troubles me a lot. Sometimes, some of the knowlledge which can not be recalled seems...
  • Commented on The Bystander Effect: Why Do We Stand By?
    In my eyes, the bystander effect is really severe in present society. Take China for example, there are a lot of bystander examples. But several decades ago, people were proud of doing good things which can benefit the society. However,...
  • Commented on Saying 'yes' to more than JUST a dress...
    I like your blog which is special and attractive. I agree that when choosing the partner, people are very careful and hesitated sometimes if they want a long and stable relationship. And I also think that happiness is one of...
  • Commented on Every-Body is Beautiful
    I think it is a really interesting blog which gives different kinds of standard for beauty. It is amazing that the standard in different places are so different and strange. As a matter of fact, in ancient China, for a...
  • Commented on "What is Beautiful is Good"
    In the work place, the fact of apperance is really important to some degree. We can see it from a lot of requirements of the job application ads that the employers are looking for the employees who have a good-looking...
  • Commented on Love is Love
    In my opinion, I think marriage is a kind of freedom, therefore, as long as two people love each other truely, they have the rights to get married although they are in the same sextual. When it refers to the...
  • Commented on The True Love Story
    I like the movie, too and I think it worths watching. Besides, I agree with the whole proximatity theory, too. I think the distance is one of the most important parts in relationship as a matter of fact. Although there...
  • Commented on Expectations
    I watched the movie, too and I am impressed by the melting plots. I agree with you that when choosing boyfriend or girlfriend, physical attraction plays a really important role as a matter of fact. Everyone wants to have a...
  • Commented on Children Language Development
    I agree with you that children who start learning two languages when they were children can understand and manage these two languages better than others. And according to our text book, it seems that the best period of time for...
  • Commented on How does Divorce Affect Children?
    It seems that divorce becomes more and more prevalent during these years and the happy degree of marriage decreases in general. Some friends of me experienced parents' divorces and most of them were affected drastically. For example, at the beginning...
  • Commented on True life: Daddy Day Care
    My mother told me that when I was a child, I always loved to go out with my father, play with my father and talk to my father. Because my mother was strict with me all the time, but my...
  • Commented on My Little Cousin Colin
    I think observing children's behavior during the period time from born to growth is really interesting. Just like you, I have a little cousin who is much younger than me. I still remembered the day he born and the process...
  • Posted Oh my gosh! Why I cannot make it out! to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Last week, when I was preparing my psychology midterm, my roommate asked me a mathematic problem which was from GMT. To be honest, at the first sight of it, I did not think that it is difficult because it...
  • Commented on Be aware of your surroundings
    I think one of the reasons why we are not aware of the surrounding is that we are too familiar with the environment. In our subconciousness, we are confident about ourselves that we can handle everything that will happen next....
  • Commented on And You Think Your Dog Is Smart...
    It is really amazing! I think it is really hard for a dog to remember 1000 names and it must take a quite long time to learn! I used to own a cute dog and I was dreamed about turining...
  • Commented on Forgetting Loved Ones
    I remember the movie named The Notebook talks about the love of an aged couple. The actress in this movie has Alzheimer's disease when she gets old and cannot remember her husband and even herself in the most time. In...
  • Commented on Self Awareness, or Spot Awareness?
    I think this experiment is really interesting and creative. Although it is a knid of good idea to do so, there are still some coincidence may happen which will lead the experiment to error and make it not that accurate....
  • Commented on An Advertisement Likely to Work
    I agree with you that those unconditional stimulus such as the fear of death and the fear of killing one's children do help in persudaing smoking people to quit. However, in my opinion, I think the second advertisement is better...
  • Commented on Cigarettes Are Guns?
    At first, I want to say that your title is really interesting that attracts me. In my eyes, comparing ciggarettes with guns is a good analogy to some degrees. I agree with you that both guns and ciggarettes can manipulate...
  • Commented on Disney's Incorrect Slogan
    I really like your topic of dream´╝î especially when it has something to do with disney, it becomes more attractive. Although the fairytales are fictitious, it doesn't mean that we ought to stop watching those moives and stop dreaming about....
  • Commented on How Much Exercise is Too Much Exercise?
    At first, I really like your title for the entry which is really interesting! Besides, the picture you posted here is funny and attractive, too. As for the main body, I agree with your point that too much exercise causes...
  • Commented on Facial expressions: the cause and effect of emotions
    I agree with your opinion that facial expression determines the emotion. Sometimes we fake smiles to other people in order to hide sadness, but later we find out that we do feel better after smiling! Besides, I really like your...
  • Posted Another fight between nature and nurture----obesity to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    This morning, I read an article written by William Saletan which is talking about the causes to obesity. At first, he said that he used to think genetics are more important than environment, but later, he realized the relationship...
  • Posted Chapter 9 IQ test storm to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    The chapter 9 is talking about intelligence and IQ testing which is divided into 5 small topics. At first, the book gives us the definition and then talks about intelligence testing, external factors' and group influence on IQ and...
  • Posted Chapter 9 psy 1001 sec 004 to psy chapter9 section 004
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from chen2508