seube020

• Commented on Linguistic Relativity
    The experiment with German and Spanish descriptions of the key are very interesting. I would make the same notion toward the US where we always name ships a feminine name and refer to cars as females. My question is where...
  • Commented on What is True Beauty?
    Is beauty conformity? If there were certain styles and appeals in different times and places, does that mean each region is conforming to the pressure to look pretty? I feel beauty is in the eye of the beholder is true,...
  • Commented on In 5 Years
    Is it all that crazy though? I mean we see it everyday when we sit in class and the professor asks a question that no one answers or even tries. Diffusion of responsibility works it magic thinking someone else will...
  • Commented on Schadenfreude
    It's amazing how there are certain words in different languages that can't be directly translated. I bet even though if we use schadenfreude as to be happy in the face of someone's misery it would still not mean the same...
  • Commented on I'd Rather Stand Alone
    I can agree with this when there are force groups or one-time groups set up in say class. But my question is whether this is true in say a group that joins voluntarily and all actively contributes. I was in...
  • Posted 5 Years Later to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Where do I see myself in 5 years? Celebrating the 5th year anniversary of this question being asked! But for real. One think I think will stick to me throughout the long run is operant conditioning. I feel this form...
  • Commented on IQ and that Pesky Correlation VS Causation
    An interesting alternative hypothesis to the correlation between presidential IQ and approval rating ins't that they were better quality leader but instead used their intelligence to buddy with the American people regardless of their leadership skills. Another couple of lurking...
  • Commented on Relationship Formation in Forgetting Sarah Marshall
    I agree both Chris and Bouch113 that it is a great application of psychology into something we all know and love, romantic comedies. The more you think about other romantic comedies like John Tucker Must Die or others (I don't...
  • Commented on Are Identical Twins Identical?
    Sometime twins will claim to feel each other's pain but that claim has never been backed up. When we play team games like Pictionary or other games, they joke about having psychic abilities but we still beat them! They don't...
  • Posted Are Identical Twins Identical? to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    My mom is a twin, and ever since I was born it was hard to tell her and my aunt apart. Now it is a little easier since they got older but I've always wondered, how identical are they? Only...
  • Commented on Are you an outlier?
    So my question is if 10000 is really the magic number why haven't more people achieved such high success? If you do the math, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year, take off 10 days...
  • Commented on Oh my gosh! Why I cannot make it out!
    Story of everyone's life mcqu0123 who is in calculus! I think in math, the number of mental sets we learn is enormous so it is easy for us to get caught in the easiest/most readily available problem solving math that...
  • Commented on Can a Pai ban be reached in different cultures?
    I would disagree with you on the topic of that this type of "Chinese" thinking is always this way and always better. I would argue that if it truly was, how can China pollute 4 times as much carbon dioxide...
  • Commented on Just how much do divorces impact our children?
    I find these findings quite interesting and the make sense as a small child is very egocentric as the book said and tend to make very small concrete connections. However what you did not mention in your post was the...
  • Commented on Want to Help End the Recession?
    I just watched this ad and felt just the things you were talking about. You can't help but feel patriotic. I think it goes to such a broad audience as we're all fighting to make it through especially in college...
  • Commented on Be aware of your surroundings
    I feel where you're coming from when you say that we are very unaware of our surroundings sometimes. But that may be more because of the reason that we are so intrigued and engulfed in our work. The book makes...
  • Commented on Instinctive Drift!
    That's not a silly question at all! According to this article it's because they are instinctively storing their food from scavengers just like wolves do. So maybe its not the best trick to teach your dog how to move a...
  • Commented on Teaching your gold fish to roll over
    I thought this video was pretty neat I've never seen a fish able to do tricks nor did I think it was possible for them to do it. This just goes to show how powerful positive reinforcement can be on...
  • Posted Instinctive Drift! to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Instinctive drift is the tendency to return to an evolutionary selected behavior following repeated reinforcement. This can be seen in many mammals form pigeons to chickens to raccoon, pigs and many other animals that can be trained with operant conditioning....
  • Commented on The Secret You: What Drives Our Consciousness?
    I agree with you when you say those are some very abstract questions and can burn out your brain when you think about them all at once or in succession. If you remember all the way back to chapter 1,...
  • Commented on Advertising-Tugging On Our Heartstrings
    The innocents of children have always played a big role in society and your right when advertisers can really make powerful images by incorporating this simple fact. We perceive babies as as helpless and needing our care which I agree...
  • Commented on How Much Exercise do we Each Day = A MYSTERY!
    I feel the same way, what is exercise? Since the beginning of school I've had heavy class loads which prevented me from getting in some good "exercise" that I used to when I was in high school. I swam every...
  • Commented on Unregulated and Uncontrolled: Our Addiction to Sugar
    I was amazed to hear all the effects sugar has on our bodies. I just thought for the longest time it was just we got a sugar rush and was hyper for a while. Also sugar tastes good and sweet....
  • Posted Coping With Stress to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    We all cope with stress in different ways, some anger, others talk it out with friends. What chapter 12 covers is "Stress, Coping and Heath" in which coping with stress is the section which seemed very interesting to me and...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from seube020