somor003

• Posted Treating Autism to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Five years from now, I think I will still remember learning about how autism symptoms can be completely eliminated from children through the use of operant conditioning. The concept of operant conditioning seems very basic and intuitive, but the fact...
  • Posted Relationship Formation in Forgetting Sarah Marshall to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    The three major principles that guide relationship formation can be applied to many situations, and are even featured in American popular culture. Romance is a component of many movie plots, including the 2008 romantic comedy Forgetting Sarah Marshall. The two...
  • Commented on Slowly Losing Your Life
    I work in a nursing home and have seen the effects of Alzheimer's disease firsthand. It is a devastating disease and it's so sad that there is no cure as of now. I agree that a healthy lifestyle can help...
  • Commented on I Remember It Like It Was Yesterday
    I think it is interesting that most people around our age have a flashbulb memory of 9/11 even though a lot of us were probably too young to fully understand the gravity of the situation. Maybe it has something to...
  • Commented on What do Detroit and Chrysler have in Common? Eminem.
    I was thinking the same thing about Chrysler's choice of using Eminem. He's not exactly the first person I think of when I think luxury. He is really successful and has a lot of money though, so maybe it could...
  • Commented on Linguistic Relativity
    There could be other explanations as to why the German and Spanish speakers described the keys differently. Perhaps, due to cultural differences, the German speakers view the world in a more serious, rational way, and the Spanish speakers see it...
  • Posted Self Awareness, or Spot Awareness? to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    In the YouTube video BBC Horizon: The Secret You, the idea of when humans become aware of self is explored. Using a mirror test to asses self-awareness, it was determined that people become self aware between the ages of 18...
  • Posted The Danger in Numbers to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Chapter 13 explains social psychology as the study of how the behavior of other people affects our own behavior, beliefs, and attitudes. Humans are naturally social and tend to gravitate toward each other (Lilienfeld 495). Consequently, it is inevitable that...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from somor003