ullma027

• Commented on What I Want To Be When I Grow Up
    I also agree with this blog post as one can connect the six principles of scientific thinking to many things in everyday life. I believe one of the best things that the 1001 psychology book does is in many of...
  • Commented on The Big Five: To be continued...
    I agree with you, the big Five will definitely play a roll in my life 5 years from now. We as humans are constantly meeting new people and developing new friends. I find it cool how you can sit next...
  • Commented on Treating Autism
    I think it is so cool that we have come so far in society that we can help with autistic children. I hope that one day we enhance this system even more to completely cure these symptoms. With my moms...
  • Posted Where do YOUR parents fit? to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Throughout the semester I found Baumrind's parenting styles to be very interesting and helpful to those who are intending on having a family with children. There are 3 different styles in which he explains being permissive, authoritarian, and authoritative. Permissive...
  • Commented on Not to be sexist but...
    This was a very good blog post as it really caught my eye. The picture says it all, made me laugh at least. I do agree with some of the other comments in regard to the fact that women are...
  • Commented on Professional Sports and The Pressure of Social Facilitation
    I feel I would not preform well at all. With playing high school sports, it was always about the rivalry home game, or senior night, homecoming, and the more fans came with the feeling of being nervous. I cannot imagine...
  • Commented on What would you do?
    I just did my entry on this same topic and found it to be so strange how these types of situations are inversely proportional to what someone would think. It is unreal that the more people around at a certain...
  • Posted What Does Standing Around Do? to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Someone just got hit by a car, what do you do? Do you decide to sit back and watch simply because everyone else who is around will handle the situation? This is what many tend to do resulting in the...
  • Commented on Saying 'yes' to more than JUST a dress...
    Great design to this blog as it really does make someone think about every single aspect of marriage. I think the study of happiness would be one of the harder ones as happiness can be altered so much between different...
  • Commented on Love is Love
    You bring up some great points throughout this blog. I can relate to the subject of gay marriage as the neighborhood that I grew up in is known for it's gay population. As I'm around the neighborhood it's not out...
  • Commented on "What is Beautiful is Good"
    I agree this observation seems to be very true. I feel that restaurants have more of a correlation to hiring attractive people than other work places. Like me, I worked at a movie theater and this definitely was not the...
  • Commented on Equal or not?
    That is cool that you actually did this test with your own brother. I find it so amazing how such little kids can actually understand such complex task. That is a pretty good assumption about how old the average kid...
  • Commented on My Little Cousin Colin
    I also agree in the idea that watching the development of a certain kid can become very interesting. One of my buddies had a kid when he was 16 years old. I get to visit him every month or so...
  • Commented on Infant reflexes: impressive or not?
    This is a very interesting subject in which it does make a lot of sense now that it is explained above. I find that it is so crazy how both the oral stimulation and the rooting reflex work with infants....
  • Commented on What's Your Intelligence Type?
    I like your design to this blog, it's different but way more interesting. I agree, little did I know that there were multiple types of intelligence. If I had to connect with a couple of these types it would probably...
  • Commented on Children of Soldiers
    I agree, this is a very arguable topic. As a matter of fact, one of my good friends from High School was just sent to Florida as he is now officially a Marine. Knowing his family, they are very proud...
  • Commented on True life: Daddy Day Care
    This is a very interesting blog. I am also amazed at how true this chapter seems. I also always picked my dad over mom when it came to doing a physical activity. I would always ask my dad to come...
  • Commented on Diminishing Memories
    Alzheimers is just such a horrible disease for someone to become diagnosed with. I have an experience hand in hand with the disease and was very interested in the results I came to realize. My friends grandfather was diagnosed with...
  • Commented on "Elvis" in animals------Whale!
    I love the connection that you made between and Elvis and these whale songs. I would love to hear some of the sounds they make, I think it would make for a very interesting study. I think it is so...
  • Commented on Forgetting Loved Ones
    I wrote my blog on the same topic this week and I just find it so interesting to be learning about a disease that has yet to be conquered. I just think it is crazy that with such technology we...
  • Posted Alzheimer's Disease: Mystery Still Remains to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Alzheimers disease is made up by a basic build-up of proteins in the brain. The build-up is caused by plagues, deposits of protein that develop in spaces between nerve cells, and tangles, deposits of protein that develop inside these cells....
  • Commented on Coca-Cola's "Happiness Machine"
    Wow.. I really hope I am at the right place on our campus when this happens! Great examples in explaining the concept of classical conditioning. Its crazy how much simple advertisement can differ what brand someone will purchase when they...
  • Commented on What do Detroit and Chrysler have in Common? Eminem.
    Just like the previous comments, I have seen this commercial many times on TV as well, especially when it came out during the Super Bowl. The first time I saw this commercial I loved how they made the connection between...
  • Commented on And You Think Your Dog Is Smart...
    I more than agree with your last statement that you said in this blog. I obviously knew dogs can do some pretty remarkable things, but never knew exactly how far their knowledge can go. I wonder how long it took...
  • Commented on Drinking and driving; how bad is it really?
    I like the idea behind this blog, as this is a very important topic for almost every age and is done far too often for such an important issue. Although, I feel this blog can relate even more to us...
  • Commented on Who Are You?
    I like this blog post, especially how your source strongly connected to your argument. But getting down to your question at the end of your blog, I feel that consciousness is almost entirely connected to our brains activities. It isn't...
  • Commented on Classical Conditioning In Everyday Life
    This blog conveys almost every aspect of classical conditioning, which made it very interesting to read! You really make the reader think about your three examples as they perfectly relate to the topic. I was very surprised when you explained...
  • Commented on Is a sedentary lifestyle bad for your health?
    I agree with your post, in the sense that it could be very damaging to be constantly sitting throughout most of someone's day. I feel the same way about being a college student and spending so much time sitting down...
  • Commented on It Does What, Again?
    Wow, it is just so strange that a disease like Alzheimer's can do so much to a person. I also agree with you in the fact that they need to find out just what this disease does at certain stages...
  • Commented on How Much Exercise is Too Much Exercise?
    This blog is very interesting as it assures topics that many often do not think of. I feel that those who exercise so much that it becomes unhealthy make up a very small percent of the population. It is scary...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from ullma027