wagen057

• Commented on Treating Autism
    I find it amazing that knowledge has progressed to this point. I always heard stories from my Grandpa about the issues his cousin who was autistic went through, and he would probably be amazed that a concept like operant conditioning...
  • Commented on Where do YOUR parents fit?
    Well this shows what type of parents people are, I feel like a study should be done as to how parents style changes over their life. The reason why I wonder this is that my parents have a really different...
  • Commented on Sticky Situations: Stress
    First off I want to say thanks about talking about present control, because when I think about it most of the stuff that stresses me out, and most people around me, is the stuff we can't control. Yet at the...
  • Commented on Schadenfreude
    I would also have to agree that its an example of our language causes our thought process, and I being to Germany before I do think that they like to laugh at other people's misery in mistakes, or at least...
  • Commented on The Big Five In My Future
    I would really have to agree with you that the big five personality trait is important in the business world, because the farther you get in a corporate hierarchy, you really have to be able to work well with others,...
  • Commented on A Look At Now: 5 Years Later
    I think nature vs nurture is such an interesting debate, but it also somewhat annoys me in life. People think relatives are usually somewhat similar, and since I have three older brothers who all act alike everybody thinks I'm going...
  • Commented on Five Year Impressions
    Your right in that correlation vs causation is a very important concept in life just because it causes some wrongful prejudice against certain stuff. It would be nice if everyone knew the logic behind this because it would certainly make...
  • Commented on Find Sense in Nonsense
    I would so agree you that science vs pseudoscience is important because so many people buy into the wrong the beliefs. It's ideas such as loosing weight without doing anything that gets people to believe they don't have to work...
  • Commented on Classical Conditioning
    The main thing I was thinking about this reading was how my dog has issues with some classical conditioning. Such as he can't play fetch, but he knows where not to go with the invisible fence and his collar. I...
  • Commented on 5 years from now
    Your right that environmental pressures can cause us to do terrible things, but it also shows you the importance of being able to think for yourself and to know what is morally right and wrong. At the same time, I...
  • Commented on Big Five Personality Traits: A Big Part of Our Lives
    I would completely agree that the big five personality traits are important in our lives and that it is important to know what traits people have. I know that being able to tell what type of traits a future boss...
  • Commented on Will You Remember How You Remember?
    I would agree that I will remember how the memory system works, but mainly because I feel like most stuff I have learned in certain classes wont be important to me in the long run, so I know that memory...
  • Commented on Is Conformity Always Bad?
    I think your right that conformity is good to some point, because if people never fully agreed we wouldn't get that far in the world, yet at the same time it is needed to get other ideas said because everything...
  • Commented on One Psych Thing That I Will Remember 5 Years From Now...
    I really believe that Milgram's study shows that people aren't really able to think for themselves these days, what I mean is that we do what were told and believe what were told, but we don't think about it at...
  • Commented on Psychology: 5 Years
    I really have to agree with you on Occam's razor and how we over complicate everything in life. Even the classes are examples of this, because at first we think everything were learning is impossible and at the end of...
  • Commented on In 5 Years
    I agree with, I wrote about it too, and I just found it appalling that nobody helped the people in the situations described in our textbook. I know it talks about the reasons behind not helping, but it said we...
  • Commented on The importance of the six principles of scientific thinking
    I think your right in that is important to remember the six principles. It really does apply to explanations, even ones that are outside of scientific claims, such as what people are telling you about whats going on in the...
  • Commented on Ok, I liked one thing about psych. But, just one.
    I also found this part of the textbook very interesting because my uncle had Schizophrenia and he passed away from an accident related to it. It was just interesting to understand what he was going through and struggling with, and...
  • Commented on my own experiences
    I found it amazing that deaf people would form some form of language on their own. It's amazing what the mind is able to do own its own. I also found it amazing that after several years when we develop...
  • Commented on 5 Years From Now...
    I think it will also be easy to remember the firing of neurons and long-term potentiation just because its what we will be using to remember all this information for the rest of our life. But as far as biological...
  • Posted Standing Still While Tradegies Happen to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    The fact that dozens of people saw and heard Kitty Genovesse get stabbed to death over a half hour span in Kew Gardens, New York and did nothing blows my mind. Another situation that blew my mind was the girl...
  • Posted Professional Sports and The Pressure of Social Facilitation to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Have you ever wondered what it would be like to play professional sports? Sure it would be nice to make potentially millions playing a game you love, but how would you face the pressure of the fans and the media?...
  • Posted Slowly Losing Your Life to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Once people reach the age of 65, they begin to experience memory problems, most of which is caused by Alzheimer's disease. This is a terrible disease that causes patients to loss memory, starting with recent events and slowly taking...
  • Posted Personality: Formed by Genes or Environment to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Why is it that some people are more aggressive than others? Why some people can control their emotions better than others? Or why some people are more anxious than others? Psychologists have wondered what contributes to peoples' personality and how...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from wagen057