wunde066

• Commented on Why he don't want to shake hand with me???
    I found chapter 15 on phobias and disorders a very interesting chapter and am glad you chose to talk about it. In my own life I as well have encountered a situation close to yours, but instead of being obsessive...
  • Posted Will You Remember How You Remember? to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Whether it is five, ten, or fifteen years in the future I think the thing that I will remember from this psychology course will be how our memory systems work. This was so interesting because memory is something that is...
  • Commented on Psychological Fact vs. Fiction
    I agree with your post because by applying the principles of scientific thinking we will be able to stop ourselves from being duped by advertisers. But on the other hand for people studying advertising they could use their knowledge of...
  • Commented on Beauty in the Eye of...the Mirror?
    While beauty across cultures is definitely an interesting thing to look at, what I find even more interesting to observe is how what Europeans used to view as beautiful compared to today. Back in the times when kings and queens...
  • Commented on What Does Standing Around Do?
    I as well came across that same article you mentioned when exploring the bystander effect and similar ones where people were killed and a small girl was even abducted. It's unreal to think that when more people are around it's...
  • Commented on Guilty? The Truth Behind the Polygraph Test
    I as well found it interesting that the polygraph test wasn't as accurate as modern T.V. makes it out to be. Your example made me think of the movie, Meet the Parents, where the actor went through a similar thing...
  • Commented on " I would be happy if I were skinny"
    In response to your question, I believe that the factor that has the largest impact on the self-esteem on a child can be divided into two sections. During the first part of childhood (0-9) I feel that self-esteem depends on...
  • Commented on Not to be sexist but...
    This is a very interesting topic to think about and your suggestion that gender roles are the main cause for this difference is a plausible idea. Although in regards to spatial awareness the book did show the men's hippocampus was...
  • Commented on Obi-Wan Kenobi: A "Force"ful Personality
    This is one of my favorite posts because I enjoy the way you related something from a movie that many of us loved as a kid to the big 5 in psychology. The only thing I would disagree with is...
  • Commented on Study Shows that 62% of us are Killers
    I feel this study can be related to such horrible events such as the holocaust, which is a scary thing to think about. People in Germany at the time were simply told that a race was inferior and needed to...
  • Posted What would you do? to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Have you ever been in a situation where you're driving along in your car and somewhere out of the corner of your eye you see someone fall off bike, sprain an ankle, or get in a car crash? Odds...
  • Commented on Just how much do divorces impact our children?
    The correlation you found between the same gender parent and the ability for the child to succeed was very interesting. The reason I found this so interesting is because I myself have noticed this correlation in some of the people...
  • Commented on Diminishing Memories
    I as well wrote my blog on Alzheimer's. I must say it is a very scary disease, seeing that it effects over 17 million people world wide and more than 50% of people over age 85 have some variation of...
  • Commented on Animal Language
    I feel the most interesting animals to observe as far as language and communication are primates. The reason for this is because they are most similarly related to humans. It is well known that primates are able to communicate with...
  • Posted Forgetting Loved Ones to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Alzheimer's disease is a progressive neurological disease of the brain leading to the irreversible loss of neurons and the loss of intellectual abilities, including memory and reasoning. The disease is caused by a build-up of proteins in the brain....
  • Commented on Behaviorism: "Animal Man" Makes Baby Cry
    After reading your entry and from my personal experiences I am actually inclined to agree that many actions are a result of conditioned response, which eventually turn into unconscious behaviors. For example, we know that touching a flame will hurt...
  • Commented on What do Detroit and Chrysler have in Common? Eminem.
    The first time I watched this commercial I didn't notice how much Chrysler based the car off Eminem. Obviously he is a famous rapper who many people look up to and connect the "bad ass" look to. But what I...
  • Commented on Forecasting Happiness
    It's interesting how the chapter claims that we cannot predict when we are going to be happy. The reason i say this is because often when an event turns out better than I expected, I am happy. Therefore, by knowing...
  • Commented on Want to Help End the Recession?
    I agree with you in the way that this advertisement is aimed towards patriotism. Seeing how Chrysler aims towards patriotism led me to think of other commercials that do, and it surprised me how many there are. Anywhere from army...
  • Commented on And You Think Your Dog Is Smart...
    I think this is a great post because it truly demonstrates how memory and object recognition is based off certain brain functions and shows up in animals as well as human. The way hippocambrius allows us to have short term...
  • Commented on Stem Cell Research Debates--when does life begin?
    The idea of stem cell research and whether it is "murdering a human being" is a very touchy subject. I believe that human life does not start until organs are present and a heartbeat exists in the infant.However, I believe...
  • Commented on Disney's Incorrect Slogan
    The way you describe looking at dreams in a different view is an interesting concept. It's interesting how you mention that most of unconscious dreams are one's which we would rather avoid. From personal experience the dreams which I remember...
  • Commented on The Dark Side of Ethics
    I myself have always found ethics as a very interesting and touchy subject. The possibility that we are passing up many important discoveries in order to maintain proper ethics is a scary idea and brings up weighing the good against...
  • Posted Chapter 1 to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    Chapter 1 began by explaining that psychology is often misinterpreted to be a set of assumptions and based off common sense. Psychology is actually a science and not at all based off common sense. An interesting example of this was...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from wunde066