paush001

• Posted What I Want To Be When I Grow Up to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    We're all here in Psychology 1001 only touching the basics of many different fields of psychology. Some of us know what we want to do and where we want to be in five years, and some of us don't, and...
  • Commented on Beauty in the Eye of...the Mirror?
    This is a very interesting post. I think it should be noted that your argument goes against what we've learned for the last midterm, but there are other factors that should be considered. We were told that people find average...
  • Commented on What would you do?
    You highlight a very interesting point. As we know from the textbook, you're right: people don't help if there are many people around. I find this extremely interesting, specifically because it seems as if it would be the opposite. Don't...
  • Commented on Atkins: THIN Chance You'll Be Healthy
    This is a very interesting post. Really, people are just taking shortcuts in order to lose weight with the least amount of work. This reminds me of the not so famous, but very unhealthy "cookie diet." In this diet, you...
  • Commented on Every-Body is Beautiful
    This is a very interesting blog post. I really think people in America forget about the diversity and cultural differences that are out there in the world. We seemed to be so focused on what's going on in the US...
  • Posted IQ and that Pesky Correlation VS Causation to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    As we look back on history, we've seen many good presidents, many great presidents, and a couple not so great presidents (although everyone's opinion is a little different on who fits into each category). But what's even more shocking is...
  • Commented on Business Practices
    This is an incredibly interesting blog you have. It's a little bit of common knowledge that different cultures have different ideals, but I never really put it into a business context. I'm curious, now, how different companies sell their products....
  • Commented on Are you an outlier?
    You have a very interesting entry here. Your claiming, essentially, that practice makes perfect, and I agree with that. But I think there are a couple other items that are important to the practice makes perfect (or almost perfect). First,...
  • Commented on True life: Daddy Day Care
    This is an incredibly interesting blog. I never thought about which parent a child would want to interact with more. After reading your support, I would say I agree with all of the evidence. I've never noticed it before, but...
  • Commented on Equal or not?
    You bring up a very interesting point. Where's that line? I would, for one, guess that the line is without a doubt flexible for each child, but where is the general area. It is very interesting watching children grow up...
  • Commented on Presidential Morality
    This is a very interesting blog, and you bring up a relevant question at the end. "So, do they [political leaders] go with something that may contradict their own opinion to conform to society, or might they try and think...
  • Commented on Infant reflexes: impressive or not?
    These are very interesting reflexes that babies have. It even causes one to think about what we learned in Chapter 3. We know that human brains are particularly different from animal brains in that animals seemed to be more pre-programmed...
  • Commented on Diminishing Memories
    I know from experience how difficult it is to deal with someone with Alzheimer's and it's an experience that kills you inside, to see a relative move farther and farther away mentally. The preventative measures you mentioned definitely will help,...
  • Commented on Want to Help End the Recession?
    Chrysler did a great job of advertising the past couple of years, doing exactly what you said: Trying to relate buying their product with patriotism. In some ways, it really is because it's an American company, and they do a...
  • Commented on And You Think Your Dog Is Smart...
    That's pretty incredible. I knew we had ways of teaching dogs the basics (i.e rolling over, sitting, etc.) but I had no idea that we could teach them names of toys. However, I'm curious as to how far we can...
  • Commented on Advertising: The Hidden Psychological Manipulator
    There is no doubt that marketers have become the masters at using conditional stimulus to get consumers to buy their products. There are thousands of commercials out there, and they all do the same thing. So my question is, will...
  • Posted An Advertisement Likely to Work to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    As we've been discussing in lecture and in recitation, advertisers are masters at using classical conditioning to sell their product or message. Out of the thousands of advertisements, there is one message that one could argue does the best job...
  • Commented on Advertising-Tugging On Our Heartstrings
    I think this article brings up the point, "what works?" More and more advertisers are using this strategy, as they should because it works. But which strategies really work? I would assume that every advertisement reaches different people in different...
  • Commented on Drinking and driving; how bad is it really?
    Having a BAC over .08 is absolutely something that people need to be aware of when they decide to pick up their keys and drive. You mentioned that the fact is drinking impairs reactions with a .08 level. This is...
  • Commented on BBC: The Secret You- What makes you "you" and can animals recognize themselves in the mirror?
    Very interesting blog. I'm curious, however, what the convincing evidence is that allows experimenters to decide whether or no an animal is aware of themselves, or if it takes time. I would suggest that part of humans self-awareness comes through...
  • Commented on Human Body: Pushing The Limits
    This is a really interesting entry. I've seen a couple of shows on the Discovery Channel where similar events have occurred and people get stuck under boulders with no one to help them and they push it off. It's really...
  • Commented on The Dark Side of Ethics
    I think ethics is extremely fascinating in the science world. We want to do so much, but what is going too far? And also, what is ethics holding us back from finding out? Clearly psychology and other sciences can't answer...
  • Commented on Unregulated and Uncontrolled: Our Addiction to Sugar
    This was a really interesting blog. It's hard to believe that sugar acts like a drug in our system. I'm curious what it would be like if the government decided to regulate the sugar in our country. I wonder what...
    This really grabbed my attention. No one really considers sugar to be a drug and here we are eating it day in and day out in unregulated amounts. I'm curious as to what would make the first three days so...
  • Posted "It All Began When I was a Child..." to Psy 1001 Section 04-05 Spring 2012
    We all have seen the classic cartoons, movies, and television shows where a man or woman lay on a couch in front of a therapist to solve some of their problems. But with all the fictional ideas that Hollywood...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from paush001