colli868

• Posted PTSD to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Post traumatic stress disorder is developed when a person experiences or witnesses a traumatic event, such as front-line combat, an earthquake, or sexual assault. To qualify for post traumatic stress disorder, the event must be physically dangerous or life-threatening, either...
  • Commented on Political Persuasion:2012 edition
    This seems interesting to me. It seems to me from the past elections there are a lot of "in your face" candidates that try to persuade you right from the beginning to make a donation. I agree with Ron Paul's...
  • Commented on The Book was Right
    I felt the very same thing while I was reading the book. They mentioned that men are better at spatial abilities, which is reading maps and figuring out a sense of direction. Within my family, all of the men are...
  • Posted Twin Studies to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Many researchers in the field of psychology have conducted experiments and observations of twins in a twin study. Twin studies compare the correlations in a trait in two types of twins: identical (monozygotic) and fraternal (dizygotic). Higher identical than fraternal...
  • Commented on Are we destined into certain weights?
    This is interesting to me. The fact that the human body can maintain what it wants, meaning that there is a set point of weight that it desires. If the set point is lower than the path the body has...
  • Commented on Lies
    I also have heard that lie detection tests are "supposed" to be 98 percent accurate, but I too think that this is an extraordinary claim. There are things that could also be an underlying fact where people can think that...
  • Commented on The horrors of eugenics
    This is very interesting to me because I have heard about Eugenics but am surprised to see that it is in a textbook. People that reproduce who both have high test scores will not necessarily produce a smarter baby, and...
  • Commented on Problem Solving
    I too have ran into something like this, how students spend much time on remembering formulas that form mental fixedness. There are other ways to solve a problem. Sure, the teacher usually wants you to answer the question with the...
  • Commented on Sit, Stay, Take out the Trash?!?
    This is very interesting to me, where animals can perform tricks. Us humans have found ways to build up these magnificent tricks using a reward, which is called using operant conditioning. That is a good point talking about being slaves....
  • Commented on Flying kites with my uncle too?
    This is very interesting to me. I too remember things but very vaguely, and sometime my parents have to remind me where I was and what happened. The existence proof is interesting in a way where older people remember things...
  • Commented on How to train an animal.
    I am interested in learning more about operant conditioning and classical conditioning. There are conditioning things that we face everyday. For example, through operant conditioning, I get paid every time I write my name on the dishes sheet and do...
  • Commented on Are you still there?
    This is a very interesting topic. I have known many people who have family members that are in a vegetative state. The fact that people keep their loved ones on life support really can put a burden on the family...
  • Commented on Mosquito Ringtone
    This is very interesting to me how they can actually pinpoint an age group where a certain number of people can hear this frequency. I have heard this ringtone in class, as a matter of fact, and this proves that...
  • Commented on Can you Hear What I Hear?
    I agree with the first comment, where less of our hair cells have died and this is the explanation as to why we can hear things that adults cant. This is interesting to me because I too have seen this...
  • Commented on Forgetting Faces
    This phenomenon about how a person can had a disorder where they cannot recognize a person's face seems very strange to me. In the article the man talks about how he recognizes clothes and body movements, rather than, obviously, the...
  • Commented on Super Bowl Brains
    It is very interesting how the synapses can strengthen and allow the quarterback perform at a high level. The concept of neurogenesis is similar to this, about how the brain can produce new neurons from damaged or disappearing ones. I...
  • Posted When We Can't Hear to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    While listening to music, I notice sometimes that I've turned up the volume on my iPod too loud. I can actually feel the damaging effect that loud music can have on one's eardrum. The book talks about conductive deafness,...
  • Commented on OCD-Feeling Confined
    After reading this blog, it made me feel bad for the people that have obsessive compulsive disorder. They have to go through things that psychologically normal people do not. I know now not to take this matter lightly and think...
  • Commented on Chapter #7: Memory
    I think that this is very interesting, and the human brain works in many ways. There are different techniques as far as memorizing things, and chunking seems most interesting to me. I could apply this to my life in a...
  • Commented on Chapter #7: Memory
    I think that it is very interesting how the human brain works as far as memory. The things that we actually do remember can be information that we just learned, versus things that we have been using (such as keys...
  • Posted How the Human Memory Operates to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Human memory is an interesting area of psychological study. It is important to understand how memory works because it not only helps humans drive forward such as passing tests, but also allows us to retain pleasant and amusing thoughts. Memories...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from colli868

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page