domsk003

• Commented on Flying kites with my uncle too?
    I think it is so interesting that you found this pattern because I have reminisced past memories with my dad multiple times and have found that I remember many more details that he does, and I was only around three...
  • Commented on Lie Detection
    I agree with your comments and also found it interesting like Sarah said about how the book says many people are found guilty when they actually are innocent and are telling the truth! I don't understand why law enforcement still...
  • Commented on Quit Feeling Bad About Yourself
    I love your thoughts on how society influences us to think certain ways when comparing ourselves to others. I have been finding myself much more aware of these traps as I have gone about my first year in college because...
  • Commented on Pros and Cons for being bilingual
    I had never stopped to really look at the cons of being bilingual, but after hearing your personal experiences, I have developed a much more realistic understanding of the idea. I knew that the age issue was always a factor...
  • Commented on Chapter 10: How children construct their worlds
    What did you think when they brought up this idea of miniature adults? Did you think this was the case or did you believe something else? I found myself shocked that anyone ever stopped to look at it this way...
  • Commented on Don't Always Trust Science
    I totally skipped over this idea but now that you have brought it up, I completely agree! I found myself getting tired of all the questions on the quizzes in regards to the principles, however, they helped me remember and...
  • Commented on Shaping
    I find the idea of shaping very fascinating too, however, sometimes I wonder how many people in the world take it too far, especially when raising their kids. We talked in class about extinction and events that are more likely...
  • Commented on Sleeping
    What I found most interesting about your post is your comment about your questions in regards to consciousness. Well first off, I was curious as to exactly what those were because I feel like I am in a similar place....
  • Commented on Analysis of Charlie from "The Perks of Being a Wallflower"
    I think it is awesome that you chose to analyze a book because most people would jump directly to the most straightforward movie or t.v. series like the lecturer did with the Simpsons. Also, I feel like when people read...
  • Commented on Personality
    I totally agree Mimi and I think your comments tie in well with what I think our group learned as we went about our semester in recitation. Though none of us were judgmental people, we initially did not know much...
  • Posted In One Ear and Out the Other... to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Due to the fact that this semester was packed full of introductory information on a breadth of different psychology topics, I have already forgotten a lot of the surface information we have learned about certain topics. I will not be...
  • Commented on Did He Really Disappear?
    I think that is a very similar example to the video in class with the car riding on the track and other film clips we are shown. I suppose it depends on how old the baby was but due to...
  • Commented on Kohlberg's levels of morality
    Do you think that stealing (i.e. music) is simply due to some religious issue or more due to the general fact that there are some in society who feel the artist should be receiving money for the music they have...
  • Commented on Are You Smarter Than The Media?
    I think there may be some correlation between intelligence and success, however I think people automatically assume that intelligence means you score high on tests or have unique ideas. I think that having a knack for/intelligence towards success can also...
  • Commented on A living nightmare-- Childhood schizophrenia
    I am curious, are children simply born with this and have no control over whether or not these nightmarish attacks occur? Also, does it randomly just develop over time for other individuals...for example, if they experience a traumatic event? I...
  • Commented on Bigger Head = Higher Intelligence?
    I find it interesting that there was actual positive correlation found. I am not sure what I personally believe but I feel that most people are merely joking when they say they have a bigger brain due to their large...
  • Commented on Attractiveness Bias
    I think it is very interesting that you mention how companies never consider the attractiveness of an individual when naming off a list of biases that should be avoided during the hiring process. This debate overall seems very tough due...
  • Commented on Intelligence portrayed in the media
    I agree with you and feel that no one ever talks about it from that viewpoint. Everyone admits that nerds are portrayed bad but no one ever takes the initiative to try and make the intelligent ones the popular kids...
  • Commented on Anorexia
    I agree with what you say about a common theme about friends trying to hide it because I had a team mate in high school on my track team who went through a very similar situation. Not only was she...
  • Commented on Gay Marriage
    I LOVE how you talk about how it personally give you comfort in a sense when the book talks about the scientific aspect/concern that has been arisen in the past. My initial reaction was very closed off, as I thought...
  • Posted Worst question ever: "What is the meaning of life?" to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Check out this cartoon below before reading ahead! http://www.kurzweilai.net/images/cartoon-meaning-of-life.jpg The above cartoon offers a very humorous yet honest description of how people normally respond to the question: What is the meaning of life? After exploring the work of psychologist Jonathan...
  • Commented on Nature vs. Nurture: Homosexuality
    I find it very interesting that you say nurture should not be mistaken for choice because so many people fall into that trap of thinking! From my personal experiences with friends who are homosexual, almost all of them describe their...
  • Posted The Streetlight Interference--Are you a SLIder? to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    As I began to accept the fact that many of the common psychology related statements and assumptions in reality myths (according to psychological studies our book talks about), I couldn't help but get caught up in a phenomena that has...
  • Posted Can monkeys speak through the same sign language used by humans? to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    The title given to Chapter 8 is Language, Thinking, and Reasoning. However, I found this title to be very simple in regards to the breadth of details that are provided in regards to the variety of ways people communicate around...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from domsk003

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page