kapur025

• Posted Do Looks Matter Anymore? (makeup blog) to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    When we were asked to compare beauty standards across different cultures, I thought what could be better than researching the people from the country I come from: India. I looked up an article that the Times of India wrote...
  • Posted Is it Worth it? (makeup blog) to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    I wasn't surprised to learn that bulimia is more common than anorexia because I feel like being bulimic is easier to hide from others than being anorexic is. Do you know anybody who suffers from an eating disorder? I...
  • Posted Five Years? Nah, 10 Years to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Five years from now....I think I will still remember is the concept of classical conditioning, also known as Pavlovian conditioning. As a reminder, classical conditioning is a form of learning in which animals (and humans) are taught to automatically...
  • Commented on A living nightmare-- Childhood schizophrenia
    I agree with you that the family has to go through a lot when they have a child who is mentally ill. I knew a family of six where one of the girls was mentally challenged and while she was...
  • Commented on Twin Studies
    At my high school, there were six sets of twins and I noticed that the identical twins had similar interests while the fraternal twins were totally different. The identical twins were in the same activities and they took the same...
  • Commented on Eating Disorders
    I don’t know anybody who is or was anorexic, but I can imagine what they are going through. The first time I actually started paying attention to the seriousness of eating disorders, I was in 8th grade and at that...
  • Commented on Intelligence portrayed in the media
    I totally agree with you on this topic. When I was in 3rd grade, I got glasses and I was so afraid to wear them because I thought that I would be considered a nerd. Kids thought that my glasses...
  • Commented on Who's that girl? It's Jess!
    I think you did an excellent job evaluating a TV character using the Big 5. I haven’t watched the show yet, but your evaluation of Jess makes me want to watch this show. Your descriptions really helped me understand how...
  • Commented on The need to belong
    I agree with your topic about feeling the need to belong. Even I have noticed that when I am at home and trying to get homework done, I need to take frequent “breaks” and go talk to my mom...
  • Commented on The Book was Right
    I think mental abilities should be determined based off of individual results, not by categorizing males and females. For example, men are said to be better drivers than women (as mentioned by Professor Gonzales in lecture) due to better spatial...
  • Commented on Birth Order
    I had honestly never heard about the importance of birth order until now. However, now that you have brought up this topic, I believe that the importance of birth order is not science related, but a superstitious belief that people...
  • Posted Daddy's Little Girl to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Just think for a minute. Try to remember all the times you wanted to play with someone and your dad was the one who offered. Now, think about the present and try to remember all the times you were able...
  • Commented on Pros and Cons for being bilingual
    I am also bilingual; my native language is Hindi and I also speak English. I have noticed that I am able to speak better English rather than Hindi because I live in an environment where I need English to “survive.”...
  • Commented on The Truth Behind 50 First Dates
    I have never watched this movie, but now it would be even more interesting to watch it because of the psychology added in to it. It would be so frustrating to have memory loss; not having any control over your...
  • Commented on Mirror Mirror On The Wall
    I had never thought about when we become aware of our surroundings. I have a cousin who is almost two years old and I always wondered why he acted to “weird.” He wouldn’t respond to his name and he didn’t...
  • Commented on Autism Speaks
    The topic you chose for your blog is very interesting. Honestly, before watching the video about autistic kids in lecture and before reading your blog, I felt pity for those who had autism. I hadn’t realized that kids with autism...
  • Commented on Still Amazed
    It is amazing. Artists must have to think about perception and sensation to create such wonders. Just thinking about it makes me go crazy; how is it possible? Your blog proves that the human brain has the ability to process...
  • Commented on Can you Hear What I Hear?
    I also have to agree with the comments above. I haven’t heard of this theory that if the brain is more developed then it gets harder to hear high pitch frequencies, but if it is true then that is very...
  • Commented on When We Can't Hear
    I find this topic very interesting because so many people listen to music and radio at high volumes. People know that loud noises can be harmful in the long run, but we still do it; we don't change our habits....
  • Posted Can You Turn Up The Volume? to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Do you remember when you go to the doctor for a physical and they check your hearing by having you raise your hand if you hear a beep? The doctor tests our signal detection; our ability to detect sounds under...
  • Commented on Because your mother said so.
    I never counted how many glasses of water I drank; I always drank as many glasses as I needed. But I have started drinking more water now ever since I was hospitalized for dehydration. I don’t know if I drink...
  • Commented on Cellphone Radiation
    I think that the debate about whether radiation from microwave and cell phone use is cancerous is really interesting. In my opinion, I don’t think I believe that microwave and cell phone radiation is that dangerous and I won’t start...
  • Commented on Chapter 8: Language, Thinking, and Reasoning
    I actually speak two languages and my friends are always fascinated by how I can change languages and accents when I talk to my family and friends. This blog got me thinking about how I am able to switch between...
  • Commented on Chapter 10: How children construct their worlds
    I use to think that kids change as they get older but this blog made me realize that some of the few little kids I have met are better observers than I have ever been....
  • Commented on Chapter 12: Stress, Coping, and Health
    Your blog made me wonder if the college pressure I feel is really stress or do I just say it to give meaning to how I am feeling. I realized that stress really can be hard to cope with and...
  • Posted OCD-Feeling Confined to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    When somebody tells other people that he or she has been diagnosed with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), others don't understand. Chapter fifteen is simply titled "Psychological Disorders." I used the word 'simply' to show how contradicting the chapter's title is, as...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from kapur025

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page