lyles005

• Posted 5 years from now to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    5 years from now i hope to remember a lot about what i learned in psychology this semester because a lot of the information i learned can be useful in my everyday life. If i had to pick one thing...
  • Commented on Lie Detection
    I think that the polygraph is a good thing to use, but will caution. Due to the many flaws that the polygraph has there has to be a significant amount of other evidence also in order to convict someone of...
  • Commented on Are You Smarter Than The Media?
    I agree that media doesn't portray intelligence as a good thing unless you are super successful. I think how the media portrays intelligence is wrong. In tv shows and movies intelligence is a lot of times portrayed as a negative...
  • Commented on Attractiveness Bias
    This is a interesting topic to talk about. I never really thought of this that much, but after reading this i realize this does happen all the time and everywhere. Everyone is always so worried about how they look and...
  • Commented on Twin Studies
    I have noticed that identical twins tend to be very similar and more closely correlated than fraternal twins are. Two of my friends that i grew up with were identical twins and they have the same interests and do everything...
  • Commented on The need to belong
    I find this topic really interesting. I agree completely with the first comment above. Everyone needs their little alone time to relax and get things done, but after awhile it gets boring and you get restless. I think that people...
  • Commented on The Book was Right
    I think that this topic is quite interesting. For me i find the book to be true. Most of my guy friends and I are pretty good with directions and can remember how to get to places even if we...
  • Posted Intelligence portrayed in the media to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    In the media, intelligence is portrayed by a character or characters that are nerdy and with most of these nerds wearing glasses. Due to this portrayed image of what a intelligent person is portrayed on t.v. most people just assume...
  • Commented on The horrors of eugenics
    This is a very interesting topic. I had no idea that this had been going on and i am surprised that some states laws lasted so long. I think that the scoring of the IQ test is very misleading especially...
  • Commented on The Role of Fathers
    I totally agree with this post. When i was growing up I did most of my "playing" with my dad and my mom was more of a nurturing parent. I also agree with there needing to be a father in...
  • Commented on Selectivity of early memories
    The comparison between children's memories and adults memories about certain events are funny to see. When your a kid the only thing that you worry about is things that have to do with having fun or being scared. But as...
  • Commented on When does one become aware of self?
    This article is very interesting. I found it incredible that humans, chimpanzees, and orangutangs are the only 3 animals that are self-aware. This makes me wonder if there are other animals that are self-aware but we just have not been...
  • Commented on Can you Hear What I Hear?
    I also used to play the high-pitched sounds during class to see if my teacher could hear it or not and most of the time they could not. It was funny to watch the teachers reaction after all the kids...
  • Commented on This Will Grab Your Attention!
    This ad does a good job connecting the viewer to feel happy/excited and makes me want to go buy a that camera. It seems that a lot of commercials now a days use beautiful women or men to get people...
  • Commented on Autism Speaks
    Your article brings up a interesting question. In my opinion autism isn't all bad. I think that people just focus on the worse cases on autism and just assume that people with autism cant function in everyday life. I have...
  • Commented on How to train an animal.
    Training animals using Operant Conditioning has also been interesting to me. After doing research on it, it is really amazing on what some people have been able to train animals to do. I am curious to see how long it...
  • Commented on The Truth Behind 50 First Dates
    I have seen this movie multiple times and i also think its a good movie. While watching it i have also wondered if the Lucy's diagnosis was a actually condition or made up and its good to know that it...
  • Commented on Pros and Cons for being bilingual
    You made really good points about being bilingual. I have also found that people who are bilingual and have been from an early age often mix the languages together. I also found it interesting that kids can learn multiple languages...
  • Posted Animal Training to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Chapter 6 is where you will learn about Operant Conditioning, which is a process they use in animal training. Operant conditioning is the modification of behavior through the use of consequences (reinforcers and punishers). Skinner is well known for his...
  • Commented on Bigfoot Sightings
    I don't think that the children actually saw a big foot. There has been a lot of people who claim they have seen big foot. In my opinion i think a lot of people just want to believe that big...
  • Commented on Cellphone Radiation
    I think this debate is really interesting. In My opinion i don't think that using a cell phone can cause that big of a problem. But it would be interesting to see more tests done to figure out whether or...
  • Commented on Chapter 8: Language, Thinking, and Reasoning
    This chapter on language looks like it is going be very interesting. i also think that animals can communicate with each other in come way. I find it interesting that they are trying to figure out a way to communicate...
  • Commented on Chapter 6: Learning
    I also did chapter 6, and i found the part about cognitive learning to be quite interesting. Especially when they talked about how they could train animals to do specific tasks. The sleep-assisted learning also sounds quite interesting. I am...
  • Posted Ch. 6 Learning to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Chapter 6 discusses learning in all shapes and forms. It describes the different types of learning and the different ways people and animals learn. One of the topics i found interesting was Operant Conditioning, specifically animal training. In animal...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from lyles005

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page