schw1344

• Commented on Five years from now
    Critical thinking is such an important and necessary concept to understand for people. If you can't think critically about almost everything you do in certain ways it's going to be a rough ride. Thinking critically is crucial to understand the...
  • Commented on Bias in Today's World
    The bias' were also a lot of fun and very interesting for me too. It's so much easier for me to recognize them in different situations and people now that I've learned all about them. The confirmation bias and representative...
  • Commented on I've Been Conditioned to Remember Conditioning
    One of the funnier blog post titles I've seen in a while. I think it's hilarious that by through studying classical and operant conditioning we have been conditioned to remember it. The irony is quite comical but I also feel...
  • Commented on Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child?
    My parents seem to be very similar to yours when I was growing up. They also put heavy influence on respect of both peers and elders, as well as a heavy influence on manners. They were always very quick to...
  • Commented on Correlation versus Causation
    I found your points both about standardized testing and books to be very interesting. It seems you're spot on about the fact that wealthier parents will be willing to spend more on getting their kids higher scores on the tests....
  • Commented on F.R.i.E.N.D.S.
    I have never been a huge FRIENDS tv show fan but I think it's awesome that you use it as a way to remember the big 5. Mnemonic devices have been the backbone of my study strategies and have helped...
  • Commented on The Big Five
    The big 5 was also a fun concept for me to learn about as well because I am finally figuring out my personality on a more in depth level and feel that the Big 5 traits help me to categorize...
  • Commented on Don't Always Trust Science
    It's funny that you will remember the scientific principles the most because I remember being in the same position at the beginning of the year with not being able to remember them. Now I look forward to those questions the...
  • Commented on Personality
    I think personality is so diverse, and person specific that we will never be able to completely measure it and decide what makes up each persons personality because there is just an infinite amount of factors that apply. I would...
  • Commented on I Will Keep In Mind at Least One Thing: We Need to Have Critical Thinking!
    I couldn't agree more with the statement that always we need to be critical thinkers. If you have ever learned about Plato's Allegory of the Cave, I find that this same concept could really apply to your post. In the...
  • Commented on Sleep Tight
    I too really enjoyed the sleep and dreaming unit. I find it so interesting that our minds are almost able to go to a different, internal world that no one else can go to. Everyone's dreams are unique, specific, and...
  • Commented on Is it Worth it? (makeup blog)
    I too haven't met anyone who's had an eating disorder but am glad that you were strong, and smart enough not to resort to bulimia. I think that in reality everyone knows someone with an eating disorder, it's just they...
  • Posted Sibling Structure: The Forever Unsolved Mystery to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    This immediately brings up the scientific think principles of correlation vs. causation and extraordinary evidence for extraordinary claims. The correlation vs. causation principle rings an immediate bell because it brings about the debate on whether or not every sibling structure...
  • Commented on Worst question ever: "What is the meaning of life?"
    I find the whole "key to a happy life" concept very interesting. I think it's foolish for people to try and tell people what will make others happy and what they need to do in order to do so. I...
  • Commented on Parenting Styles
    I think that your comment about parenting not being able to be contained and categorized into 3 separate categories is very accurate. Different kids have different needs and require different amounts of attention. I do think however that it is...
  • Commented on Problem Solving
    I too have encountered problems like this on both math exams, as well as other subject exams too. Sometimes the best option to solve the problem/equation is just using your own process of thinking and reasoning it out. I have...
  • Commented on The Role of Fathers
    I couldn't agree more with the statement that most kids prefer their dad's as their playmates over their mom's. I can remember so vividly spending ample amounts of time with my dad doing active things like baseball, football, hockey, and...
  • Posted Alzheimer's: Life Changing at Minimum to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Alzheimer's Disease is a form of dementia (loss of a brain function w/ certain diseases) that gets worse over time and affect's one's memory, thinking, and behavior. There is no official cause of Alzheimer's but usually a person's genes...
  • Commented on This Will Grab Your Attention!
    I find this ad quite comical. Odds are that being a guy helped in making me enjoy this ad obviously, makes me wish there were more ads like this in circulation. On a more serious note though, I think that...
  • Commented on Animal Training
    I think Operant Conditioning is a great way to teach people and animals how to do things in the way that we want them to/should do. I think it is most definitely the healthiest way to teach a human, or...
  • Commented on Not-so-much Subliminal Messaging
    I would first of all have to agree that negative emotions do usually get more of a reaction than positive ones. Why they may do this is a question I don't have an official answer for though. But I believe...
  • Commented on That's gonna leave a mark...
    The ad is pretty hilarious as are the other ones they listed on that website. The image definitely has an alarming response to it as the man's entire body, with the head exception, is covered in a cast. I think...
  • Commented on Mirror Mirror On The Wall
    Lots of great points in this post. I find it interesting that professional doctors use a test like this and have the ability to determine whether or not someone is "aware" or "unaware" through it. I don't know if I...
  • Commented on Mosquito Ringtone
    For the record, I am pretty proud that I can hear every one of the frequencies on the website. All ego's aside though, I have always been a huge proponent of the mosquito ringtone. I was definitely "that guy" in...
  • Commented on Still Amazed
    I stumble a lot. When you stumble a lot, you see a lot of cool things. Among these cool things are sidewalk illusions and I am always so excited when I stumble upon these works of art. I find it...
  • Commented on Becoming Self-Aware
    Self awareness is, in my opinion, always an interesting topic to even run "thought experiments" on. It's amazing how consciousness works and that we even have such a thing. The fact that at between 18-24 months we develop a "little...
  • Commented on Can You Turn Up The Volume?
    I like how someone brought up volume for this weeks blog discussion because coincidentally I've been actively trying to manage healthy listening volumes when I'm using the television, radio, or headphones. I am confident that because I have been lowering...
  • Commented on Chapter 6: Learning
    I think the sleep-assisted learning topic is one of the most interesting topics thus far. I know that I have heard that listening to Mozart, Beethoven, or even classical music in general can supposedly make you smarter. I actually have...
  • Commented on Chapter 2-Research Methods
    I too found it interesting how they talked about the correlation vs. causation topic. After reading both the first and second chapters I realized that I had been falsely attributing and relating things to one another. I think it's good...
  • Commented on Chapter 1: Psychology and Scientitic Thinking
    I too found this chapter to be extremely interesting. I really enjoyed going through the timeline of how psychology came to be and how it has progressed over the years. At the end of the chapter I really felt that...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from schw1344

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page