shul0129

• Commented on The Role of Fathers
    I would have to agree with you. In my family, like yours, I would have chosen my father as a playmate over my mother. I feel however that it was more because when I think, at least with me, that...
  • Commented on Our most beloved memories - not what we remember
    This post just reminded me of the saying a picture is worth a thousand words. Like you I have nothing to compare my "flash-bulb memories" with so accuracy is nearly impossible to know. Also like you I find it hard...
  • Commented on Are we making our own decisions, or is it our neuronal activity doing so?
    I also found this study quite amazing and confusing. I have always believed that I was in control of my own decisions, action, and mental processes. This study really shook me when I learned of it. It makes me question...
  • Commented on Can You Turn Up The Volume?
    I definitely agree that loud music causes hearing loss. With speakers and headphones getting more and more powerful each year and the volume going up to drown everything else out it is evident that teens today are experiencing hearing loss...
  • Commented on Chapter 4: Sensation and Perception
    I have always found it interesting that our sensations can influence our perception of things, and our perceptions can influence our sensations. It makes me wonder which is deciding what we truly feel/learn in our everyday experiences....
  • Commented on Five Years? Nah, 10 Years
    I agree completely. I think this will stay with me for a very long time. What I used to know as a simple experiment with a dog, turned out to be a major psychological discovery with vast reaches. I will...
  • Commented on entry 1-chpt 9
    When getting to the point in your post talking about college entrance test, my mind instantly jumped to polar opposites. On on side you have to kids that did very well in high school yet seemed to do badly on...
  • Commented on Physical Attractiveness Bias.
    I agree that physical attractiveness plays a big role when applying for a job. I have even heard it been said that physically attractive people tend to life less stressful and generally more enjoyable lives. I don't want to down-grade...
  • Commented on Did He Really Disappear?
    This is a very interesting application of what we have learned into everyday life. I for one never knew that according to Piaget, babies lacked object permanence, so I found it very interesting to learn about. The fact that a...
  • Commented on Lies
    I found it interesting how in the end of your blog you talked about memories being a factor. As we learned our memories may not be as reliable as we think they are. And if someone is tested, their memories...
  • Commented on Daddy's Little Girl
    I enjoyed reading your real life psychology situation. My family behaves much like yours in this sense. I also found it interesting what Sarah wrote about the families where "normal" roles involving work and home life were switched. I know...
  • Commented on Parenting Styles
    This was refreshing to read. I, like you, thought that putting all parenting styles into three basic categories was too general. I believe that many parents that the book would classify as one style are very different. I also don't...
  • Commented on Dream House? or Nightmare House? (spoiler alert!)
    This sounds like an interesting movie! Although hollywood often overplays and exaggerates memory loss movies it is interesting that the combination of brain damage, and false planted memories were used. It would be interesting to see how the characters brain...
  • Commented on This Will Grab Your Attention!
    This was a good example of conditioning in advertisement. I for one was very happy to watch TV, or read a magazine after learning about the usage of conditioning in advertisement. I have noticed it in a much greater way...
  • Commented on Pavlov Conditioning in My Case
    I love that you brought the concepts of psychology into a real life experience. I too have suffered from test anxiety and, like you, I wonder how this and more could be caused and treated with classical conditioning. This also...
  • Commented on Rubin Vase
    This is an excellent blog! I love that you explained the illusion. I have always been fascinated how our brain perceives stuff, especially illusions. I find it interesting that our brain usually (at least mine) only sees one of the...
  • Commented on Nature vs. Nurture Debate
    This is always an interesting topic. I enjoy that you are saying that it no longer is a debate that both nature and nurture play a role in shaping us, and have done some research to back that claim up....
  • Posted All I've learned to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Science is always auto-correcting itself! The thing that I believe will stick most with me because of this psychology class is an altered way to think. I did not previously think the same way that I do now. Before Psychology...
  • Posted Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child? to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Spare the rod and spoil the child? Possibly like many of you, my family operated firmly on this belief. When I messed up it was easy to tell: a frown, possibly a finger shake, the infamous "You're father is going...
  • Posted Sit, Stay, Take out the Trash?!? to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Have you ever watched a movie where a dog was extremely well trained? Have you ever seen dolphins jump out of the water and do tricks? Have you ever looked at your own dog, not as well trained? Do...
  • Posted Sit, Stay, Take out the Trash?!? to Shaping
  • Commented on Super Bowl Brains
    This is a very interesting article indeed. It makes me wonder if players on the Professional level of other sports benefit from this "heightened" sense of brain ability. Another question then could be asked if this brain wiring is caused...
  • Commented on Because your mother said so.
    This is an interesting concept to consider. Is too much water a bad thing? If the pituitary gland controls the water retention in our kidneys, and the endocrine system is not the fastest way for us to react (not as...
  • Commented on Cellphone Radiation
    This raises a lot of questions. This makes me wonder how many other things we use everyday, that haven't been tested. Also with the way that technology advances so quickly...it is hard to feel like everything that we use today...
  • Posted What makes 'us' us? to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Chapter 14 Personality This chapter was all about personality, how it is formed, and how our personalities shape us as humans. This chapter starts by focusing on two twins from the University Of Minnesota twin studies. Their names were Jack...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from shul0129

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page