lewe0040

• Commented on Eating Disorders
    I like your questions that you asked about whether anorexia was linked with another mental disorder and whether or not someone with anorexia will relapse after treatment. To be honest I've thought about anorexia more than once during high school....
  • Commented on Birth Order
    I think that most people believe in birth order is because they see a trend in children they know and how they act. I always thought that children did act differently in order that they were born. For example, the...
  • Commented on Quit Feeling Bad About Yourself
    I like you last point about "When I compare myself to someone superior, I sometimes find myself feeling bad about myself. I will find myself envying others for good traits they possess..." Something my mom always told me in high...
  • Commented on Optical Illusions and Visual Perception
    Optical Illusions are really neat. I really like them, especially when I'm bored and want to be entertained. The most amazing optical illusions though are magic tricks. They are so believable! but all they are are illusions....
  • Commented on Gay Marriage
    You mentioned that "With that logic, of course the government could not support a loving union that was being deemed by medicine as diseased..." With that point of view, why is it ok for a person with Down Syndrome to...
  • Commented on The need to belong
    It would be interesting to see a study done on people who are put in jail in solitary confinement for a long period of time and then released. Would they be more likely to commit a crime again even though...
  • Posted 5 years from now... to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Although I can barely remember what I ate for breakfast the day before, I know I'll remember what I learned in discussion about abnormal psychology and what is classified as "abnormal." Although some things are abnormal according to social norms,...
  • Commented on Eating Disorders, Hard to Crack
    I've never quite understood eating disorders. They are a psychological disorder, but what would compel a person to stop eating, or eat so much that they are guilty about it and throw it up. When I miss breakfast or lunch...
  • Commented on Are You Smarter Than The Media?
    I disagree with leva0095. I think that there is a positive correlation between success and intelligence. If you are intelligent you are going to most likely go to a good college and obtain a career in which you will be...
  • Commented on How a Swiffer and microphone stand are interchangeable.
    Your sister sounds like she is hilarious! After reading this, I was wondering why our "create mind of our own" disappears when we get older? Why don't we still play house and pretend we are imaginative characters?...
  • Commented on Daddy's Little Girl
    I'm in the same boat as you are with a sister and no brother for my dad to share interests with. however, when it comes to anything I definitely go to my dad just because I feel that he understands...
  • Commented on Physical Attractiveness Bias.
    As unfortunate as it is to be hired based on your looks, it makes sense. Wouldn't you be more willing to walk up to someone who looks attractive to ask them a question over some greasy haired shabby looking person?...
  • Commented on IQ: Is it the genes or the scenes?
    It would be interesting to compare the IQs of an American child to a European/Asian child since they do go to school all year round. A question that I have is, what if you are really smart but you are...
  • Posted Blog 3: (make up blog) LYING... how can you tell? to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Everyone lies. But how can we tell if someone is lying or not? The person who is lying knows that they are lying, but can anyone, or anything, detect that the person is lying? This is extremely important to know...
  • Posted Blog 3: Bulimia to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Eating disorders have always fascinated me; however, I have never been compelled to try them. Anorexia makes sense to me, but Bulimia is a whole other story. I've never understood why someone would eat, and then want to go throw...
  • Commented on Are you still there?
    This would be a great break-through if the brain imaging worked. In the video did Adrian Owen show the fMRI brain scans when he asked the patient to imagine playing tennis?...
  • Commented on That's gonna leave a mark...
    If you copy and paste the link into your web browser then it should come up....
  • Commented on Can you Hear What I Hear?
    When I learned about the "buzz" I tried it with my mom, because I was interested to see if it was actually true that older people couldn't hear the buzz. It was so weird that I could here it and...
  • Posted That's gonna leave a mark... to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    All advertisements try to manipulate us to buy their products. Many ads use positive things to advertise their products by using famous actors or actresses, or using attractive women to sell something sexy or appealing (alcohol, perfume, etc..) The advertisement...
  • Commented on Can You Turn Up The Volume?
    I'm in the marching band here at the U, and a study was performed a few years ago about hearing loss being tied to marching band members (because of the loud music being played) It was interesting to find that...
  • Commented on Forgetting Faces
    This would be so awful! In the video we watched in lecture the part that made me the most sad was when the lady didn't even recognize her own face. I can't imagine not recognizing my own face! Have you...
  • Commented on Nature vs. Nurture Debate
    The nature-nurture debate is really interesting. I like that it makes the person think that maybe it is nurture that makes a person the way they are... But then after reading about twins reared apart that brings the question back...
  • Commented on How the Human Memory Operates
    Great point by using rehearsal to remember information! That is definitely useful as a musician- One simply cannot look at a piece of music and memorize it in that instant (unless you're a genius or something..) Instead, the music should...
  • Commented on Blog #1, Ch. 12
    Very interesting about how being exposed to too much stress will cause our bodies to fail. It will be interesting to see our generations life expectancy since we are exposed to a lot of stress every day- via cell phones,...
  • Posted 5 senses used to perceive information (Chapter 4) to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Chapter 4 is how we view and receive information that is in front of us and around us. Many times, the mind can play tricks on us, such as view a picture (which you think is just one image). For...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from lewe0040

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page