reesx039

• Posted Optical Illusions and Visual Perception to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    In the next five years optical illusions will always bring me back to the visual perception concept of psychology. Optical illusions not only represent the concept of visual perception, but they are also very fun to be amazed by. When...
  • Commented on Beauty Across the World
    This is a good topic to analyze. It is strange to me how people define attractiveness because there are so many different factors that go into it. Not to mention individual preferences as well as cultural preferences. How in this...
  • Commented on Twin Studies
    I have noticed this too. Some monozygotic twins look the same, act the same, and basically do everything the same. Others almost try to beat the system and refuse to conform to the somewhat stereotypical twins. They do this by...
  • Commented on Who's that girl? It's Jess!
    Seems like an interesting show. I would just have to imagine what it would be like to have a roommate like her. I'm sure it would be a lot of fun and we would always be entertained. She seems like...
  • Commented on Why do we feel?
    I'm not sure if emotions are absolutely necessary for survival. I think that our automatic reflexes are necessary, but I don't think we can classify these as universal emotions. Emotions do make for a more enjoyable and entertaining way of...
  • Commented on Ch. 6 Learning
    It's very interesting what we can make animals and even people to do. What strikes me as even more interesting is how relatively new this concept of operant conditioning is. I'm intrigued to find out just how far we can...
  • Commented on Determining Intelligence: the IQ test (Chapter 9)
    Yes there is a correlation between high IQ scores and higher academic success, but this is an example of why correlation does not equal causation. Just because somebody has an IQ doesn't mean they graduated from college or have a...
  • Commented on Blog 1 - Chapter 4: Consciousness
    Personally I would never being hypnotized in a group setting, but I may be inclined to try it individually. I am really curious as to what I would do under hypnosis. It would be funny to watch a video of...
  • Commented on Super Bowl Brains
    I wonder if this "trained brained" is only this active in time of need, game scenario, or if their brains fire at this rate on a daily basis. If it is only games or practice, I wonder how they have...
  • Commented on Cellphone Radiation
    To me this is still a hypothesis and we will not know the true side effects for awhile or at all. This may be because the side effects may be masked by other biological factors or the vast amount of...
  • Commented on Bigfoot Sightings
    The thing that strikes me is how confident the kids were in seeing Big Foot. Although that also raises an alarm to me that they may have really wanted to be the ones to spot Big Foot that anything that...
  • Commented on Bigfoot Sightings
  • Commented on Can You Turn Up The Volume?
    I wonder if there is a way to not lose our sensory cells. Yes we can listen to music at low levels and take steps to keep our hearing healthy, but what if there was some type of nutrient or...
  • Commented on Still Amazed
    These images and images like these ones are almost too real to be true. It's truly amazing how we can warp images to trick our mind into seeing something that is not there or not what we perceive it to...
  • Commented on When you become you
    I'm not to sure how, but I do have random, short memories of when I was really little. From what I remember, I knew that I wasn't an inanimate object. I have no recollection of how old I was though,...
  • Commented on The Truth Behind 50 First Dates
    This is a crazy situation to comprehend. Think about how hard daily tasks would be for you. At least in the movie she was normal throughout a single day. It would have to be extremely difficult to live with organic...
  • Commented on Sit, Stay, Take out the Trash?!?
    Untapped resource for sure. Think about this, why not use operant conditioning for your girlfriend. That would make for one awesome relationship. Maybe a little cruel, but you would know what to do to control a situation. Might be nice...
  • Commented on The Role of Fathers
    This does make sense. My parents told me stories of when my sister was young. My mom would get mad because all day long she would cook, play, and clean up after her. As soon as my dad walked in...
  • Commented on Lie Detection
    I agree that the polygraph test is a good test to give. It is not 100% perfect, but it might be a good way to start to get the truth. Also, the person that receives the test probably doesn't know...
  • Commented on Attractiveness Bias
    It is strange that jobs are required to not show bias against certain things, but attractiveness has still yet to make the cut. It might be because there are multiple qualities that go into attractiveness and people can view an...
  • Posted Are You Smarter Than The Media? to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Intelligence can take many forms. Some people may be musical geniuses yet lack mathematical foundations. Others can score low on an IQ test but have a particular skill set required to excel at their job. When we look into...
  • Posted Mirror Mirror On The Wall to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    When do we become consciously aware? Scientists have discovered that between the ages of 18-24 months we start to become consciously aware. That is, we become aware of who we are and how we look. At this stage in life...
  • Commented on Mosquito Ringtone
    The classic mosquito ringtone... I was unaware this ringtone was given the title of "mosquito", but it seems more than appropriate given that the noise is super annoying. Who ever had the idea of playing this noise in loitering areas...
  • Commented on Cellphone Radiation
    Until multiple people show serious signs that can directly link cancer/tumors with cell phone use, it's really hard to make a strong argument against cell phone use. Another thing is that people love their cell phones and some people are...
  • Commented on Mosquito Ringtone
    The classic mosquito ringtone. I was unaware this ringtone was given the title of "mosquito", but it seems more than appropriate given that the noise is super annoying. Who ever had the idea of playing this noise in loitering areas...
  • Posted Chapter #7: Memory to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Have you ever wondered why you sometimes forget such necessary things as your keys or phone? Or why you can't remember a persons name after meeting them three times yet can sing along to the radio with just about any...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from reesx039

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page