rohli019

• Posted Analyzing Magic Tricks to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    Five years from now I am sure I will still be intrigued by optical illusions. An optical illusion is characterized by visually perceived images that differ from objective reality. I never really thought about learning about them in psychology class...
  • Commented on The Book was Right
    This actually kind of holds true for people in my life and me too. I'm female and I am absolutely awful with sense of direction and knowing which roads are which and where they lead you too. On the other...
  • Commented on Remembering Ms. Anne
    It must be hard for you to go back to work after forming connections with these kids and them not reciprocating the relationship right away. My older brother has a 2 year old daughter and I've only met her twice...
  • Commented on Who's that girl? It's Jess!
    This definitely sounds like an entertaining show, I will have to check it out sometimes. Her high agreeableness reminds me of a girl I lived with. The girl always agreed with what I had to say or a suggestion I...
  • Commented on The need to belong
    I feel the same way you do when it comes to feeling like you belong. Sometimes at school for two or three days in a row I have so many huge assignments that I do not have time to socialize....
  • Posted Quit Feeling Bad About Yourself to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    When discussing social comparison, the book defines upward social comparison as though we compare ourselves with people who seem superior to us in some way. The book claims that when we engage in upward social comparison, we may feel better...
  • Commented on Attractiveness Bias
    I have always found this to be an interesting and weird subject. I experienced some attractiveness bias in the workplace before. When I was in high school, I worked at the movie theater in my home town. All of the...
  • Commented on Eating Disorders
    When I was in middle school, one of my friends had anorexia. This all started up during the process of her parents getting divorced. It was a rough time for her family because the divorce wasn't pretty. Her parents didn't...
  • Commented on Gay Marriage
    Reading your thoughts really intrigue me because I have always been for gay marriage. When being gay was considered a mental disorder, I assume that is because not enough research was done to actually know and understand that that is...
  • Commented on Problem Solving
    I find it kind of funny that students spend so much time learning and practicing methods just so he or she can remember them for a test, but in the end you didn't even need to know the method you...
  • Commented on The horrors of eugenics
    The way people use to behave really shocks me. I visited Ellis Island in New York City about a year and a half ago and I remember learning about how cruel the workers were to immigrants who did not meet...
  • Commented on Selectivity of early memories
    I find this same thing happening to me with my early memories compared to what my parents remembered. I blogged about an occurrence of when I went kite flying with my mom, my uncle, and my cousin. I didn't even...
  • Posted Flying kites with my uncle too? to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    I recall back to a memory of when I was 6 years old and I went kite flying with my mom and my cousin. She wrote down the details she recalled and ours differ a lot. We remember the same...
  • Commented on What's all the buzz about?
    Reading this reminds me of being a Sophomore in high school. I remember a bunch of kids were getting iphones around that time and there was an app that made a really high pitched sound. Only the kids could hear...
  • Commented on A Whale of a Tale!
    I enjoy learning about these kind of things because when I was younger, my mom would always take me to sea creature shows. I remember going to aquariums in Florida, California, and Chicago. I've also seen Shamu the killer whale...
  • Commented on Autism Speaks
    Your blog caught my eye because back in my hometown, I work with an autistic college student at the movie theater. The severity of the disease ranges greatly. When I first met the guy I work with, I had no...
  • Commented on Mirror Mirror On The Wall
    Reading your thoughts make me try to remember what it was like being a baby, but it is almost impossible. I have a few random memories of when I was 3 years old but probably none from any younger than...
  • Commented on Because your mother said so.
    I was always told by my mother that once you feel thirsty, you are already dehydrated. I never researched this myself, but I always believed her seeing she's my mom. She always told me to drink water throughout the whole...
  • Commented on Cellphone Radiation
    As a child I learned to not stand in front of the microwave as it's cooking because the radiation is bad for you and could cause cancer. I have always wondered if this is actually true though. One of my...
  • Commented on Chapter 8: Language, Thinking, and Reasoning
    I actually do think animals communicate with each other in some way. I watch my cats at home and I can just tell they do....
  • Commented on Chapter 4: Sensation and Perception
    I find it weird how ESP has not been proven to exist. I find that numerous amounts of people focus on it, work with it, and believe it. I wonder if there really is some other force in which we...
  • Commented on How the Human Memory Operates
    Reading your blog and actually thinking how the brain works in retaining memories dumbfounds me. The brain is so intricate, I cannot imagine what people go through to try to figure out how it all works. It is weird to...
  • Commented on OCD-Feeling Confined
    After reading your blog, it really made me think of how hard life is for some people. I go through my every day life not having to deal with a mental disorder such as OCD. I often complain about insignificant...
  • Posted Chapter 8: Language, Thinking, and Reasoning to PSY 1001 section 06-07 Spring 2012
    This chapter discusses the way people speak and how they put together sentences. The evolution of language is explained as well. Learning how to speak as children is one topic addressed I find interesting. Beginning with "babbling" noises to learning...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from rohli019

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page