coli0009

• Commented on Bystander no more!
    This really stuck with me as well. I've seen a lot of incidents where people are too afraid to do something because of societal norms, peer pressures, or something else. I like to think that I would always do something...
  • Commented on Who We Are
    I really think that both our genetics and our environment play a large role in the person we turn out to be. I think genetics obviously play a role with the genes and traits we receive, but if someone who...
  • Commented on Why Are Punching Bags Such a Hot Commodity?
    Displacement is something that is really common. There are other things that are similar to this like a stress ball. Someone who is stressed could easily get mad at someone or take their anger out on a person, but instead...
  • Commented on Memory Aids
    Sometimes I have trouble with remembering certain things. Throughout all my years of school I have made anagrams to help me memorize things for tests. I also do this with any important information. It actually helps a lot and instead...
  • Commented on What Moves Us
    I also agree that this was interesting. It's weird to think that things in life make different people react different ways. One thing that makes me mad might make another person happy. And that has much to do with memory....
  • Commented on Importance of Personality
    I also found this topic interesting. I thought it was interesting how there are five basic categories that we can base personality after. Many times though people are unaware of parts of their personalities so I think it could be...
  • Commented on Twin Study
    I thought this was interesting too. But I had two friends when I was growing up that are fraternal twins. They were raised in the same environment. And while they are similar in certain ways, they had different personalities. One...
  • Commented on IQ Testing
    I also agree that IQ section was interesting. I found it interesting to learn how different professions use IQ testing when hiring for jobs. I personally don't exactly agree with this because I think many people have different ways of...
  • Commented on Pet Training and Me
    My family did the same thing when we got one of my dogs. But in our case we did the exact same thing everyday. We would show her her treat, tell her to shake, and when she did we would...
  • Commented on Snow Globed World
    I find this interesting as well because my perceptions of the world and how I see our world differ from my older relatives or even my friends. It's interesting how so many different factors can form your perceptions. I also...
  • Commented on The Hunger Games
    I saw The Hunger Games and absolutely loved the movie. But when I think about this topic of children seeing it, I have to think more deeply about it. The kids I know would be really scared if they saw...
  • Commented on Storm: A Risky Social Experiment?
    It's funny because I was actually telling someone about this experiment today. I don't think I personally would ever choose to do an experiment like this, but I can see why the parents of this child chose to make this...
  • Commented on You-Know-Who
    I think that Voldemort is a great example of the five traits of personality. He not only exhibits many traits that can fit into these categories, but he's more of an evil character which is interesting to categorize alone. He...
  • Commented on College Admission Tests: What For?
    I have different thoughts on this subject. I somewhat understand the reason we have these tests. We have them so that colleges and universities have something to compare while searching through all of the applicants. They are a standard way...
  • Commented on Five Years From Now
    I agree. I think this topic will be something many people remember after many years. It's the fact that we experience classical conditioning in daily life that this topic will remain important. Like being thirsty and going to the fridge...
  • Posted We Are All Different In This World!! to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    What will I remember most? What still stick with me the most? The first thing I thought was that we've learned a million things, there's no way I can think back and pick just one!! That's crazy!! But when...
  • Posted Relationships, have you looked deeper into them?? to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    I have been really interested in learning about relationships and the many aspects that play a role in attractiveness. One things I found fascinating is that people tend to find a relationship with, whether it's friends or more, with...
  • Commented on Sex, Penis, and Vagina
    This is true, I always stop paying attention and then when I hear certain words that are surprising or that I can connect to, I will start paying attention again. The cocktail effect can be useful because it stops someone's...
  • Commented on "Dancing in the Dark"
    Group think is really interesting. Once you are submerged into an environment where all you learn is one way of thinking, it can be hard to get out of that thought process. You are brainwashed. It kind of relates back...
  • Commented on Autism and Vaccines: Seek and Ye Shall Find
    This is interesting because I've learned about this before. People took this finding really seriously and followed directions of not giving their children vaccines because they were so scared of the outcomes. The fact that these claims could be wrong...
  • Commented on Did you have to learn who you are?
    I've actually learned about this before. I find it really interesting that we don't have a sense of self until age 1 or 2. It seems crazy that you could look in a mirror and not realize that the person...
  • Posted I don't see how I see!! to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    This illusion is crazy if you really think about it!! It's called the checkershadow illusion. It looks like all the boxes are different shades of gray. Yet the box A and the box B are actually identical shades of...
  • Commented on Nature or Nurture? Maybe It's Both.
    I also agree that the debate of whether nature vs. nurture plays a larger and more dominant role in the rearing of a child's development will never be fully settled. In a child's upbringing, there is no way to rule...
  • Commented on Subtle Observations
    I do think that both facial expressions and body language play a role in the way an individual might act or respond in a situation. Many people base their thoughts and actions off of how comfortable they feel. Often base...
  • Posted Learning with Learning Fads to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Chapter 6: Learning Fads Learning is a process that takes time and effort. Mental health professionals have come up with numerous techniques that are meant to assist is learning at a quicker and simpler pace. There are four techniques...
  • Posted Final Blog to bashoGWSS1
    When I signed up for this class I did not realize how much I would actually take from it. I thought I was going to be learning about women through history and how men and women differ. But I was...
  • Posted Final Blog to bashoGWSS1
  • Posted Blog 10 to bashoGWSS1
    After reading the informal discussion and the transcript on women and their place in society in the workforce, I have to say that many of the things you said I disagreed with and were very blunt and not well thought...
  • Posted Blog Nine Response to bashoGWSS1
    Reminder--Absent Friday- Responding to other blog entries. I read through these and I agree with many of them. The main things I saw is that when we are looking at mothers in our society we can't just look at what...
  • Posted Blog eight to bashoGWSS1
    The Kessler article has to do with gender and the stress society puts on fitting in today. When a child is born with unknown genitalia, the medical doctors seem to pressure the parents to chose a sex for the...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from coli0009