bobzi009

• Commented on Snow Globed World
    Nice point made here. It is amazing to think how different people view the world, and to them it seems perfectly natural and logical. The way I see this is the human race should be even more motivated to pursue...
  • Commented on Remembering to Remember
    Nice blog. I also found this section of the text very interesting although it made me less motivated to study because I figured I would just forget something else so I didnt see the point. I also found the mnemonics...
  • Commented on Twin Study
    I also found this study very interesting. I know two identical twins in the study who were raised together. It is cool that this monumental study was conducted right here at the U. I was also very surprised that environment...
  • Commented on The Psychology of Morality
    Good blog. This also brings up the question of religion. Religion is a cross cultural phenomenon which suggests that it is somehow ingrained in individuals, and most religions promote moral behavior....
  • Posted Relationships: A Useful Tip From Psychology to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    When going over the section in the book entitled Emotion and Motivation, I was struck by the universality of emotion over different cultures. I was amazed by the study done by Paul Ekman in which cultures who had never been...
  • Commented on Who has the best parents!
    I agree as well, and think most people would. My parents had strict rules for me but at the same time allowed me to live my life, realizing that I need to figure the world out on my own to...
  • Commented on Rapid Weightloss: Reality or Hoax?
    I took a human performance class in high school and your assumptions are largely right. Ive heard its closer to 2700 calories per pound. But there are no miracle drugs to sustained weight loss. The only way to sustain it...
  • Commented on Divorce? It may not be as bad as you think.
    Interesting point regarding fighting and I like your explanation which I think is very plausible. My parents are together so I do not have personal experience on the matter but I could see how it could have very negative impacts...
  • Commented on Can you help me solve this problem?
    I also took Calc I last semester and found myself using algorithms which were incorrect for the situation and getting frustrated. Although I had been told about several problem solving steps which would help me, I always thought I was...
  • Commented on peek a boo
    When I read about this in the textbook I found it to be an interesting concept as well. I had played peekaboo as a kid as well and had always assumed the cause had something to do with the child's...
  • Commented on Charlie Bit my Finger- What makes an Online Video go viral?
    This is a good point but I do not think can be pigeonholed into just youtube videos. All entertainment including movies, music sports plays etc. are meant to evoke certain emotions in us, and this is why we enjoy them....
  • Commented on Harmful Ideals
    It is amazing how much of an influence culture can have on behavior. While this example seems very strange to us as we have such an emphasis on being thin, perhaps to other cultures it would not be as strange...
  • Commented on The Strange Situation
    Two of my cousins just had children and I have had the chance to spend time around them. It is amazing that sometimes they are so fussy that only mom can calm them down. Perhaps this shows how important it...
  • Commented on The Modern Demise & How to Live Ethically
    Perhaps I am not the correct person to answer your question as I cannot stand Jersey Shore. If I watch the show for more than five minutes it simply makes me very angry that there are people in this world...
  • Commented on Boredom Made Me a Lie Dector
    Interesting article. I have found that I am a notoriously bad liar as everyone close to me can always tell when I am lying. While this has kept me honest, it can sometimes be annoying. When reading the article I...
  • Posted Real Life Good Will Hunting? The Chris Langan Story to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    When I came across the story of Chris Langan in chapter nine I could not help but be reminded of a movie I saw a while back. Langan is considered the smartest man in america with an IQ of between...
  • Posted Nike's Reconstruction of Tiger's Image to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    After Tiger Woods had the scandal involving his sex addiction, car crash, and divorce his image was obviously suffering. As a fan of golf, especially American golf, I was devastated to see one of my idols name being dragged through...
  • Commented on Do they really work?
    I know many people who do not have ADD or ADHD who have taken some of these drugs. They claim that the drugs work, but I would never take them due to the many negative side effects. The placebo is...
  • Commented on Parlez-vous français? O Español? O Italiano? Oder Deutsch?
    While it is surprising the capacity of people to learn new languages, it should not be overlooked that there are shortcuts. For example, many modern western languages come from the latin root. Therefore if one learned latin, it would not...
  • Commented on Bilingualism- Advantageous or no?
    I consider myself to be somewhat bilingual, taking Spanish all through grade school and high school and then working at a Spanish immersion camp. While I found it very helpful knowing two languages, I think the greatest advantage is learning...
  • Commented on False Memories (Shutter island)
    I had not thought about Shutter Island while covering the section on false memories, but the connection is certainly valid. What really strikes me about the movie is the fact that it gives the audience the experience of having the...
  • Commented on Football, Worth it or not?
    This article is very interesting! I played football through my senior year of high school and most likely had undiagnosed concussions. While I think it is a problem, the NFL has aggressively combated it with rule changes and significant advancements...
  • Posted The Science of Thought (Chapter 3) to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    It has not always been known that the brain is the organ which creates our thoughts. Many ancient cultures thought that the heart was the organ which created mental activity. We now understand that the brain is a wonderful and...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from bobzi009