goro0014

• Commented on The Most Complex Character on TV
    I think it's really cool that you took the Big 5 and applied the scale to a TV character. They often have extreme personalities, so it's easier to separate which categories they fall into. It would be interesting to take...
  • Commented on Stress: A Part of our Everyday Lives
    As college students, I definitely agree stress management is an important topic for us. We're faced with too many stressors throughout the year to even count. Because of the amount of stress I think it's really important for each of...
  • Commented on Talk About a Touchy Subject
    I wrote a post discussing the same issue, and I feel the same way! I'm a hard worker, I know I'm smart, but I really struggled with taking tests in high school. In addition, some of the test material on...
  • Commented on Go away please
    I think this is a great post. I'm a very outgoing person, as are most of my friends and family, and sometimes I'll get the wrong impression of someone just because they're more introverted than I'm used to. I think...
  • Commented on The Genetics behind Homosexuality
    I agree with you! I have always been a supporter of gay rights as well, and I found this section very interesting. I just don't think that as humans we have much control over our feelings, so why condemn other...
  • Commented on Will you be a Victim of the Bystander Effect?
    Reading about the bystander effect is a bit unsettling to me. We typically assume that as long as there are other people around we'd be safer in an emergency, but this concept tells us that may not actually be the...
  • Commented on Fall asleep successfully: I made it!
    I'm glad to hear you're sleeping better now with the help of psychology! Half of the time the reason we can't fall asleep is because we're worrying too much about falling asleep. Chapter 5 was definitely an important read as...
  • Commented on The Personality of Psychology
    I agree that Freud's three levels of consciousness is a very interesting concept! Most of us don't think about how our decisions and actions come about, we just let them happen and don't think much further about how we came...
  • Commented on Five Years From Now
    Classical conditioning is another one of those psychology concepts that is helpful and applicable whether you want to be a psych major or not. It's definitely a necessary concept to master for anyone that wants to go into advertising, but...
  • Commented on Study Skills and Memory
    I had been using chunking, rehearsal, and mnemonics to study for most of my school career without even knowing psychology had terms for that. The technique I seem to have trouble with is spreading out studying, as opposed to cramming....
  • Commented on Relationships: A Useful Tip From Psychology
    I also find it very interesting that emotions are fairly universal across cultures. I think it's nice to know that we are connected to people of other cultures in some way, that we have a basis to relate upon. Emotions...
  • Commented on What Does Your Personality Say About You?
    I find it very interesting that personality is unchanging for the most part. Immediately I thought of how people always say when you move away or go off to college that you can reinvent yourself and be whoever you want...
  • Commented on When worlds collide, depend on Tom Cruise to save your life!
    I definitely agree that it is very easy to say as outsiders that we would never fall victim to a prank like the one Orson Welles pulled. If you stop and think how easily we as a society are influenced...
  • Commented on Mind the Jackelopes
    I actually wrote a very similar post for this blog assignment! I agree that Scientific Thinking Principles are are probably the most important thing we learn in psych. Whether you want to be a psychologist, or just to be able...
  • Commented on Pet Training and Me
    This is a really great example of a way that a psych concept can be practically applied to an every day situation. I plan on getting a dog in the future and I hope I'll remember to revisit classical conditioning...
  • Commented on In all Honesty
    I can relate to what you are saying, as I'm also not a psych major. There is just so much information to take in for one course, it seems nearly impossible to keep all the information straight. It's really a...
  • Commented on Snow Globed World
    I really agree with the point you are making here. Sometimes we forget that not everyone has the same knowledge available to them as we do. And on the flip-side, it is always possible that our set thoughts and ideas...
  • Posted Using the Scientific Thinking Principles to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    While reflecting back on my semester in psychology and thinking about what we learned that has been most useful to me, I realized it was one of the earliest and most simple concepts that has helped me the most. While...
  • Posted College Admission Tests: What For? to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    While reading Chapter 9 in our psych books, which covers intelligence and IQ testing, I couldn't help but take a particular interest in the section about college admission tests, such as the ACT and SAT. Since we are students at...
  • Commented on The Hunger Games
    I'm actually currently in the midst on writing an argumentative research paper about whether or not violent video games are responsible for violent and aggressive behavior.I feel like this topic is along the same lines to a degree. Keeping in...
  • Commented on Should Gay Marriage Be Legal?
    I agree with your post completely.For those who believe that being gay is a choice, I always want to ask them: can you choose your own feelings? I certainly can't.It's an odd concept that we don't get to decide our...
  • Posted College Admission Tests: What For? to College Admission Tests: What For?
  • Posted Active Sleeping to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Over the last week or so, I've been fascinated learning about sleep, dreaming, and disorders of sleep in chapter five of our textbooks. Perhaps I find this topic so intriguing because I come from what I consider a family of...
  • Posted Gene Expression to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    , For most of us, our knowledge of genes is pretty slim. The extent of what we know is that they are passed down to us from our parents, they make up characteristics of our behavior and appearance, and we...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from goro0014