paido010

• Commented on Nike's Reconstruction of Tiger's Image
    I specifically remember seeing this commercial for the first time and I never saw the connection between classical conditioning and the approach Nike took to rebuild Tiger's public image....
  • Commented on Is Cultural Difference really matters in our decision making?
    The data presented contradicts my past idea of cultural differences. I remember we spent a large amount of time in MGMT 1001 talking about cultural differences through Hoffstede and Trompenaar's cross cultural studies. The studies I mentioned are a little...
  • Commented on Should Gay Marriage Be Legal?
    I agree that homosexuality is genetic, but there are also environmental factors. It is just like other human personality characteristics, it is not completely genetic and it is not totally environmental or as some say "choice" based. Finally, I agree...
  • Commented on College Admission Tests: What For?
    After reading this it frustrated me and left me wondering why did I even take the ACT? Then I read the prahl's comment and it makes me think there may be some sort of social psychology behind why we take...
  • Commented on Stress: A Part of our Everyday Lives
    When I played Lacrosse in highschool, we did a similar "stretch" that we called "dead-mans" before every game or practice where we just relax. Now it is funny to look back and think that the stretch may have actually done...
  • Commented on Go away please
    I'm very similar to you, I love to go out on the weekends with friends, but there are times when I just want to "take the night off" and spend some time by myself. I always find it relieves stress...
  • Commented on 1 of 7 Billion
    I share the same fascination you do. It amazing how there are close to seven billion individuals on this planet, yet not a single one is exactly the same, even identical twins. It makes me think if the human race...
  • Commented on Why Are Punching Bags Such a Hot Commodity?
    Excellent, well written post! I never realized the simplicity of how companies like Everlast make money off people's anger and that they are doing society a favor by directing our anger away from other people and into an inanimate object....
  • Commented on Using the Scientific Thinking Principles
    I completely agree with you. When I was writing my final blog I was leaning back and forth between this and mnemonic because Scientific Principles are applicable to almost every aspect of life....
  • Commented on What Does Your Personality Say About You?
    It is intriguing that personality is relatively unchangeable over time so it makes me feel like my personality is "stuck" the way it is forever. I know there were length constraints, but I think it would have be interesting if...
  • Commented on Remembering to Remember
    This is an excellent topic to blog about especially with the Final coming up. It's a great way to see the results of using the tried and true methods of learning material such as chunking....
  • Commented on Twin Study
    This study was very interesting to me because my Mother is actually a twin and next time they are together, I'm going to be keenly looking for similarities and differences in personality....
  • Commented on Mental Disorder in My Future
    I agree with you because by informing us about mental disorders, this class makes me feel more comfortable in a particular situation when I may have to encounter an individual with a mental disorder. I also was very surprised by...
  • Commented on What's Wrong With Red Ink?
    I remember talking about the significance of red ink in China and other cultural symbols that are vastly different than what we are used to here in the US. Also, I wonder how the difference in risk taking between eastern...
  • Posted Memory Aids to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    When I look back on my Psychology 1001 experience in five years, the concept I am going to remember and use the most are memory aids such mnemonics and the Method of Loci (oh the irony of remembering learning tricks)....
  • Posted Neurotic Men to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    I was sitting watching the new episode of Mad Men and I wondered where the notorious womanizer Roger Sterling would fall on the Big Five personality inventory: Roger is an extremely extraverted person, always seen flirting with women and...
  • Posted I Want It To Be For Love . . . It Is My First Time. to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    One boring Saturday afternoon I was scrolling down the CNN page I ended up in their video gallery. Eventually, a video came up talking about Vladimir Putin and his bid for re-election in Russia this weekend and it featured...
  • Commented on Human Meat
    I can see that the advertisement is trying to stimulate a response of disgust by pairing a "dead" human and the controversial topics of animal abuse and meat consumption. The overall goal of the advertisement is to connect the disgust...
  • Commented on Sex, Penis, and Vagina
    First of all, the title alone caught my attention right away, perfectly demonstrating the effectiveness of the technique. Also, Lamme057, I believe the ignorance developed as a result of a form of conditioning. My belief is the reaction diminished every...
  • Posted Ken Jennings or Albert Einstein? to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    So what if I asked you who is more intelligent, the most successful Jeopardy contestant ever or one of the greatest pioneers in the physical sciences? Actually, it is a trick question, both Jennings and Einstein are geniuses, but...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from paido010